I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series...

Discus and support I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series controllers as currently we can change it's functions to things... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by oI RODNEY Io, Mar 24, 2023.

1. oI RODNEY Io
    oI RODNEY Io Guest

I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series...

I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series controllers as currently we can change it's functions to things none capture related such as 'show party' or even 'mute TV', but no 'mute microphone' currently.

I seriously think it would be a great feature to easily be able to mute and unmute your headset right from your controller as alot of headsets such as in-ear headphones never include a mute button and for me personally this style of earphone is so much more comfortable than over-ear headsets.

I hope this reaches Microsoft as I really think this is a great idea. Thanks for reading I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series... :)

:)

oI RODNEY Io, Mar 24, 2023
  2. cam smith3 Win User

I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series controllers.

Would LOVE to see this. Or, if not possible, to sell something the headset plugs into with a quick toggle mute button. Finding the tiny mute button on headset cords isn't ideal either and half the time doesn't work...
  3. Skully Headshot Win User

I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series controllers.

Great idea. Are you an xbox insider yet? They have an entire official reddit (subreddit? idk the terminology) dedicated to voicing your ideas (i think the gen pop used to have [something similar] idk if they still do) If you give me your permission ill go post it there for you, but honestly you should sign up yourself if your passionate enough to come announce your ideas. Here's how if interested.

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/
  4. C0RBAN Win User

I want the exact same thing! Microsoft, listen!

Thanks
  5. ilips Win User

Just posting that i'd like to see this added too.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Why do my headsets not work on Xbox Series X?

Hi Adromyster, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

Check to see if the microphone on the headset is muted. Some headsets have a mute button on the headset itself or on the cable.

To check if the microphone on your headset is muted, follow these steps:

Open the "Settings" application.
    Select "Sound & Display".
    Select "Audio".
    Select "Microphone".
    Check the "Microphone Mute" button. If the button is on, the microphone is muted.

Check your console's audio settings. Make sure that the headset microphone is selected as the audio input device.

To check your console's audio settings, follow these steps:

Open the "Settings" application.
    Select "Sound & Display".
    Select "Audio".
    Select "Input Devices".
    Make sure that the headset microphone is selected as the input device.

You can also test the headset on another version of the console. If the microphone works on another version of the console, then the problem is related to your console version. In this case, it is possible that your console is not compatible with your headset.

I hope I have been able to help you and that your problem has been solved.

Regards, Oskayra
Thema:

1. I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series... - Similar Threads - 'mute microphone' should

2. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  3. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  4. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...: As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof:...
  5. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  6. Discord muted

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord muted: Ive been trying to use the discord app on the xbox and i can hear people just fine is just that ive been muted and it wouldn't unmute, P.S....Ive tested the mic on in-chats and it works....
  7. My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...: My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've tried all the settings that I can think of. afd660d5-1449-4ca1-b47e-109edb9562cc
  8. HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest...: HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest driver installed. while PC is starting light blinks...which means switch is fine....n...
  9. Xbox is saying I’m muted on discord but not any other device

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox is saying I’m muted on discord but not any other device: I've been using discord on xbox and for whatever reason it says I'm muted while in a call but everyone can hear me just fine, but i can get rid of the muted sign and my voice doesn't appear on the...
  10. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...