I tested the network speed on my xbox series s to reach 600Mbps, but I still cannot reach...

Discus and support I tested the network speed on my xbox series s to reach 600Mbps, but I still cannot reach... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tested the network speed on my xbox series s to reach 600Mbps, but I still cannot reach more than 100Mbps when downloading games. When I download... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 6thSh0w, Nov 20, 2021.

1. 6thSh0w
    6thSh0w Guest

I tested the network speed on my xbox series s to reach 600Mbps, but I still cannot reach...

I tested the network speed on my xbox series s to reach 600Mbps, but I still cannot reach more than 100Mbps when downloading games.

When I download the game, I can’t reach the maximum speed, and no device is connected to my router during the download.

:)

6thSh0w, Nov 20, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

I tested the network speed on my xbox series s to reach 600Mbps, but I still cannot reach more than 100Mbps when downloading games

Hi there Show welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. What you are experiencing is due to the high volume of gamers being connected at the same time, this is due to the pandemic and everyone being inside on these difficult times, but we can try some troubleshooting to see if this situation improves!

RESTART YOUR XBOX ONE If you’re experiencing slow download speeds on the Xbox One, the first thing you should do is restart your system. This solution speeds up downloads for the majority of users, and it’s so simple that it should be the first order of business. Here’s how to restart your Xbox One console: Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller. When the menu pops up, select Restart Console. Select Restart one more time. The system will suspend any downloads, shut down, and then boot back up. Once the Xbox One has booted back up, check to ensure that your downloads have resumed on the My Games & Apps screen.

CLOSE ALL RUNNING SOFTWARE Assuming that a system restart has no effect on download speeds, the second solution is to close any and all running software. Since both game software and streaming applications pause all system-level background downloads, this step ensures that there’s nothing preventing software from downloading at full speed. Here’s how to close games and software on the Xbox One: Navigate to the console’s Home screen. Highlight the game or software that is running, then press the Menu button on the Xbox One controller. In the pop-up menu, select Quit to close the software. Once the software is closed, double-check your download speed.

CANCEL AND RESTART DOWNLOADS There’s one last solution for Xbox One users who suffer from slow download speeds despite applying the fixes above. It involves cancelling the software download or installation entirely, then restarting it. This is far less likely to work than the aforementioned fixes, but it’s worth trying if nothing else has worked. From the Home screen, open My Games & Apps. Select Queue, then highlight the software being downloaded. Press the Menu button on the Xbox One controller, then select Cancel. Once the download has been cancelled, the software can be downloaded again from the Microsoft Store or by re-inserting the game disc.

CLEAR THE CACHE: 1. Turn off your Xbox One using the power button on the console. 2. Once your Xbox One has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox One. 3. Wait a minute, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox One console and the electrical socket. 4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

how to change servers on xbox

it's only testing your ability to reach the Xbox servers, you cannot change the speed test servers.

Most speed test will choose a computer extremely close to you, they're only so many data centers for Xbox
  4. A. User Win User

Xbox One S not connecting to Xbox Live

On your Xbox One S while connected to the network kindly test the network connection and I would appreciate it if you will be providing me the error message that you will get.
    I don't actually get an error message. If I try to test network speed and statistics, it often says not available for most results. On these consoles, my NAT type is moderate and it says uPnP not successful, but no issues on the Series X. Despite saying that it's connected, I cannot connect to Xbox Live or do anything that requires an internet connection, it simply acts like it isn't connected at all.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Slow Connection on Xbox One S

Hey there,

If the console is showing different speeds from speed tests, it could be attributed to the services used to test them. Speedtest.net is dedicated to testing connections, where the console's network test is only for testing connections from the console to
    Xbox Live. Despite this, 16 Mbps is still really low of a difference from 500 Mbps, to troubleshoot this; try a

Soft Factory Reset
    . This should correct any software issues that could be preventing the console from reaching higher network speeds.

I hope this helps, please let us know.
  6. Sm1tt79 Win User

Xbox one wireless upload speeds

Thanks for advice!

The biggest issue for me is that my router and other devices test perfectly fine according to the download / upload speeds expected both wired with CAT6 and from wireless devices next to and beyond the reach of my xbox’s wifi range and they still handle
    good to perfect speeds. It is ONLY the xbox’s that suffer this issues.

I think i will be contacting support for more detailed network settings to see if i canget to the bottom of this for myself and others who have the same problem!

Cheers,
Thema:

1. I tested the network speed on my xbox series s to reach 600Mbps, but I still cannot reach... - Similar Threads - tested network speed

2. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...: Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x? 27f76be7-c89f-405b-89cc-afe45fbfbf6f
  3. Why is my Xbox network test speed latency always 72 or higher?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox network test speed latency always 72 or higher?: But when I run speed tests from any other device, it’s less than 72 . bf7dbe68-2531-42b2-9095-0c9fdced8d78
  4. Detailed network statistics test reports the Upload speed=Not Available and the MTU=Not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed network statistics test reports the Upload speed=Not Available and the MTU=Not...: This problem started on or about the first week of December 2022 following a Xbox series X update download that appears to have been mandatory. My Xbox series X started locking up while playing...
  5. Consistent high latency when doing network speed test on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Consistent high latency when doing network speed test on my series X: I have had my series X for a while now and have noticed that I have a consistent latency of around 180ms I have checked my region settings and know for a fact that my wifi sits at around 9-10 ms...
  6. Actual download speed versus network test shown speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Actual download speed versus network test shown speed: [img] [img] So geres my problem! Attached photos were literally taken both while updating a game. Im just not seeing why an update is lagging so far behind on downlod speed when my diagnostics...
  7. Xbox one network statistics is very slow comparing to speed test

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one network statistics is very slow comparing to speed test: Hi, My xbox network test getting poor results, specially on download speed (see results below), I have a good and fast internet connection for all my devices but when except xbox network test:...
  8. Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.

in XboX Insiders
    Slowish download speed on games etc, network test shows very fast? More in comments.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ilovmyselfalot [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox One detailed network statistics VS. speed test

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One detailed network statistics VS. speed test: Xbox One detailed network statistics VS. speed test Hello AlexisCRemy, Thank you for keeping us updated. There is always WiFi degradation when connecting to your network wirelessly. The amount of...
  10. Network speed test.....slow upload

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network speed test.....slow upload: So everything seems to be working fine, except when I run a network test my upload speed is quite slow on my X. I get 2-3 Mbps I should get close to 20. Download speed is right where I expect it...