I spilled coffee into the xbox series s top vent by accident what should I do?

Discus and support I spilled coffee into the xbox series s top vent by accident what should I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I tripped and spilled it and it got all over the xbox and into the vent and was pouring out the side vent I unplugged it right away and then I had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jay Jones2, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Jay Jones2
    Jay Jones2 Guest

So I tripped and spilled it and it got all over the xbox and into the vent and was pouring out the side vent I unplugged it right away and then I had dried it and sent in on top on my hearing vent upside down on a towl to dry

When I got home like 6 hours later I tried to turn it on and the power button would light up for a second then turn right back off

I waited 4 more hours everything was working fine for about 15 minutes then turned off again

Any suggestions?

:)

Jay Jones2, Feb 14, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Jay! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

I would advice you to first unplug it completely and let it dry for a day or two. It is honestly a longshot but it is worth the try

Since it was an accident the warranty will not cover these type of cases.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Unless you bought ms complete

Which is accident insurance which only covers 1 act of God and 3 replacements for normal wear and tear during your coverage

Yes I leanresx the hardway after my controller took a dive into a lake of noodles and soup and later one of the buttons didn't work

Could be worse sometimes.I ho recycling dumpster diving looking for hard cardboard and I run out inside or I accidently drop a garbage.can into.the dumpster
  4. NYC_Steeler Win User

Purchased Flight Simulator via digital code from target - can't play locally on Xbox

Thanks for the reply - yes, I was able to figure it out after I posted the question - should've had my coffee first. I have a One S and FS will only play on the Series S/X. I just ordered the S - should be here tomorrow. Thanks for your help! Happy Holidays!
  5. Reign Boracicx Win User

I got a thing in my Xbox vent.

I took the plastic tag thing off my shirt, and then the plastic hammer shape part got stuck in the top vent. Is there a way to get it out? I don't want it to do anything to the Xbox, it's in between the vent things on the top of the Xbox.
    Hello,

Its not that of a problem, although if you have any venting problems in the future the hammer shaped thing should not be the problem but if can you try to get it out with a paper clip.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

better ventilation

It should be able to vent fine through the vents in the casing, without having to remove it. The danger of removing it is that any dust in the air can settle into the components in the device, and it has more danger of being ruined if drinks etc are spilled
    in the area. While you can use it without a case, I wouldn't recommend it. Also if it is still under warranty, this will void that.
Thema:

1. I spilled coffee into the xbox series s top vent by accident what should I do? - Similar Threads - spilled coffee series

2. I spilled some water near the Xbox and water went under it and now I have a green screen of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilled some water near the Xbox and water went under it and now I have a green screen of...: How do I fix this pls help I'm nervous something is going to happen 7f444cdc-e355-4d54-8ecd-b59c94cfa48b
  3. i spilled fruit punch on my xbox. i wasn’t sure how much went in it but it was a decent...

in XBoX on Windows
    i spilled fruit punch on my xbox. i wasn’t sure how much went in it but it was a decent...: i spilt fruit punch on my xbox and controllers. when i shake my controllers fruit punch comes out. i haven’t done anything to the xbox yet im hoping it’ll dry out. any other things i could try for...
  4. Woke up this morning and found out some spiled coffee near my Xbox series x and now it will...

in XBoX on Windows
    Woke up this morning and found out some spiled coffee near my Xbox series x and now it will...: Coffee spiled near my Xbox d2f4b97f-dd6d-47ba-96d1-705bfe36690c
  5. What happends if water got spilled onto and Xbox one and turns on and off can u still use it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happends if water got spilled onto and Xbox one and turns on and off can u still use it.: Water got spilled onto it while it was on. 0154ed10-3441-43a7-a2a1-6b53bad9e1a9
  6. My xbox just on my dresser then my cat spilled water on it it wasn't on so I do not smell...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox just on my dresser then my cat spilled water on it it wasn't on so I do not smell...: I haven't turn it on it been like 1 min ago I don't smell anything and I haven't turned it on pls help. ae63e469-78a9-4d61-b2c5-60160127e19f
  7. i spilled a little bit of melted lemon itlaian ice on my xbox wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    i spilled a little bit of melted lemon itlaian ice on my xbox wont turn on: so about 4 days ago i spilled some melted liquidized lemon italian ice on my xbox 1s and when i turn it on it goes back off for a couple seconds. should i just let it dry and try turning it back...
  8. Xbox series X sounds like a coffee maker

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X sounds like a coffee maker: I noticed a few days ago when my Xbox is off it sounds like a coffee maker brewing, that kinda bubbling hissing sound. Anyone else had something like this? I’m having no performance issues or...
  9. Idk where to spill this, but here it is.

in XboX Insiders
    Idk where to spill this, but here it is.: I know it's old, but Fallout New Vegas. The DLC "Old World Blues" isn't downloadable from the store. I even tried looking in the in-game store for it and clicking that to no avail. I'd like to pay...
  10. Innstallering av enkelte spill begynner å bli ganske latterlig.[Installing some games is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Innstallering av enkelte spill begynner å bli ganske latterlig.[Installing some games is...: I det sisteCOD.må man t.o.m. Installere rundt 100Gb før man kan begynne å spille. D er jo ikke. Greit.skjerp dere [Translation - In the last COD, you even have to Install around 100Gb before you...