I spent $50 on the Summer Spotlight sale, where is my $10 gift card? (Terrible Customer...

Discus and support I spent $50 on the Summer Spotlight sale, where is my $10 gift card? (Terrible Customer... in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; After writing into Rewards Support, they confirmed that I did in fact meet the requirements for the Summer Spotlight Sale gift card with my purchases... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by RomanBishop, Sep 17, 2020.

1. RomanBishop
    RomanBishop Guest

I spent $50 on the Summer Spotlight sale, where is my $10 gift card? (Terrible Customer...

After writing into Rewards Support, they confirmed that I did in fact meet the requirements for the Summer Spotlight Sale gift card with my purchases of Othercide and Liquid Sunshine. But after multiple exchanges, they said they couldn't help me and directed
    me to Microsoft Support.

I even got a message after completing the punch card that said I would receive a gift card through my Xbox Live inbox for $10 by the 15th of September. It is now the 16th of September, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I tried a Microsoft Support chat and didn't receive a single response from the support agent, and then he ended the chat on me. So I put my phone number in for a callback from support.

I got a phone call from Microsoft Support and the person I talked to there said that I did indeed qualify for the gift card with the games I bought, and he transferred me to Games & Apps Support. The guy sounded like he was in the worst mood ever, and then
    after explaining my issue the call MAGICALLY DROPS! It's starting to feel like Microsoft really just doesn't give a [Mod removed]

:)

RomanBishop, Sep 17, 2020
  2. RomanBishop Win User

I spent $50 on the Summer Spotlight sale, where is my $10 gift card? (Terrible Customer Service experience!)

Yeah, at this point I've basically given up. And now I'm torn between switching to PS5 for my next console (I missed out on some really awesome games due to my loyalty to Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the past) or sticking it out in hopes of better service after
    they launch the Xbox Series X and Series S. Supposedly, Microsoft is "putting their effort toward services" rather than trying to win customers over with their superior console. The things that are offered are great. But I don't feel like I can trust it very
    much anymore.

This wasn't my first terrible experience with Microsoft support, it was more like my tenth terrible experience with them. So at what point do I just give up and switch brands? I am starting to hear that FF7 remake calling my name.
  3. Proud Azrael Win User

I spent $50 on the Summer Spotlight sale, where is my $10 gift card? (Terrible Customer Service experience!)

Boy, it sure would be nice if we got some kind of official reply, y'know, from someone who can actually look into the problem?...

I doappreciate what the Ambassadors do, BUT, there is only so much they can do, certain problems require investigation on Microsoft's part.
  4. RomanBishop Win User

I believe it stated a date next week they would be issued. These offers usually take 30 days to produce the gift card, Theres usually a date in the fine print,but since the offer has enedits no longer up
    If I actually receive it, I'll be surprised. The fine print said you would receive the gift card "until September 15th". I remember the wording because I thought it was weird that it said "until". The grammar just seemed off. Now, what I am starting to think
    it meant was "you have UNTIL the 15th of September to get your gift card, and if you don't get it by then well the sale is already over so nobody will be able to help you."
  5. RomanBishop Win User

Yeah, I'm having the same issue, except the Rewards team closed my ticket without even bothering to talk to me, highly unprofessional!
    Yeah, this is the kind of mess that makes loyal customers switch brands. I don't know if Sony has a better support team for their online store or not, but I do know that I NEVER ONCE had to contact them when I was a Playstation guy. It seems like more often
    than not, especially this year when I've had to actually contact support (because almost nothing with the word Microsoft in the name has been working as it should), when I finally DO reach a real person they either give me some canned answer that has nothing
    to do with my problem or they refer me to someone else who can't help me, and then that person either refers me back to the department that sent me there or they tell me that nothing can be done. At the very least, they should be able to forward the support
    ticket to the correct department instead of making us start the whole process over again.

What's the point of even having a support department if I'm going to get a better answer/solution on Reddit?

I really hope Microsoft delivers on this gift card deal, or at the very least puts measures into place so that this sort of nonsense doesn't happen anymore in the future. This whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth, and a lot of other people
    too from what I've seen online.
  6. Proud Azrael Win User

Yeah, I'm having the same issue, except the Rewards team closed my ticket without even bothering to talk to me, highly unprofessional!
Thema:

1. I spent $50 on the Summer Spotlight sale, where is my $10 gift card? (Terrible Customer... - Similar Threads - spent $50 Summer

2. I spent 20 dollars for 1,500,000 dollars on gta shark card. I have not received my money...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I spent 20 dollars for 1,500,000 dollars on gta shark card. I have not received my money...: I spent 20 dollars for 1,500,000 dollars on gta shark card. I have not received my money and I would like to know why? Or if I can at least get my money back thank you....
  3. I lost my Xbox account which I spent a lot of money on and can’t find out the email I used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my Xbox account which I spent a lot of money on and can’t find out the email I used...: The account name was Rocky6149 b7fa1d5c-814c-4f1a-90a6-ba33da7772a0
  4. I spent my 3000 points yesterday for 200 Robux but I never received the email of the code....

in XBoX on Windows
    I spent my 3000 points yesterday for 200 Robux but I never received the email of the code....: I spent my 3000 points yesterday for 200 Robux but I never received the email of the code. So all those points for nothing? How do you fix this. 66edfe4e-e5e1-4138-9a78-46ade5782f0a
  5. A refund on 2k24 dumb son accidentally spent vc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A refund on 2k24 dumb son accidentally spent vc: My son accidentally spent money on 2k I want a refund 8c121584-10e0-4862-956c-ffc528ceee47
  6. I spent $50 on a game bundle I didn’t mean to purchase the item is there anyway possible I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I spent $50 on a game bundle I didn’t mean to purchase the item is there anyway possible I...: Please reach out to me because I worked really hard for that money. And I’d be really bummed if nothing happened f732cecc-642f-4b49-bcb3-1a5c6adaecff
  7. It says spend 50 on black Friday game sale Not showing up i spent 52.18 on two xbox one games

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    It says spend 50 on black Friday game sale Not showing up i spent 52.18 on two xbox one games: It says spend 50 on black Friday game sale to earn reward quest Not showing up i spent 52.18 on two xbox one games Cant complete to get 5000 Microsoft rewards points...
  8. I spent 50 euros on a Forza Horizon 4 expansion with car pass and everything on it. I paid...

in XBoX on Windows
    I spent 50 euros on a Forza Horizon 4 expansion with car pass and everything on it. I paid...: This evening I wanted to buy the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle from the microsoft store for 50 euros. I ordered it and paid the product. I can proof this by showing the money being taken...
  9. Spent $50 on NBA2K18 VC and lost it all!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spent $50 on NBA2K18 VC and lost it all!: When the early tip off edition for NBA2K18 dropped on Friday, September 19, I purchased it immediately and was anxious to play. I made my MyPlayer and bought $50 worth of VC to upgrade him from a...
  10. Spent 1000 coins to purchase 50 powerups and I did not receive the powerups

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spent 1000 coins to purchase 50 powerups and I did not receive the powerups: I just spent 1000 coins to purchase 50 powerups and I did not receive the powerups, but my 1000 coins are gone. 1147fb96-d93b-486b-abb7-6c940753642f