I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or...

Discus and support I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This happens for some games and not all time 78f0f685-f40c-4661-9061-0725ae152a43 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Abdelrahman Ayman1, May 24, 2023.

1. I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or...

This happens for some games and not all time

:)

Abdelrahman Ayman1, May 24, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or is it normal ? My monitor is 1080 60hz no vrr

Screen tearing on a TV (or monitor) that does not support VRR is totally normal. The tearing occurs because when the frame rate drops below 60 many console games are designed to disable vertical synchronisation (V-Sync). This helps prevent controller latency, but has the unsightly side affect of screen tearing.

VRR stands for 'Variable Refresh Rate'. Put simply, with VRR enabled, when a game's performance drops, the TV or monitor's refresh rate changes to match the games frame rate. This prevents screen tearing.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or is it normal ? My monitor is 1080 60hz no vrr

Thanks for helping so my console doesn't need to fix or use its warranty right?
    That's right, it doesn't.
  4. Abdelrahman Ayman1 Win User

Thanks for helping so my console doesn't need to fix or use its warranty right?
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

The issue can be with the Xbox console, HDMI cable, or the TV.

Please try using a different TV and a different HDMI cable to test it out.
  6. Duster589 Win User

Why does the Xbox One X force all content (including streaming video) into ALLM if VRR is also selected?

The issue isn't if console games have screen tearing or not. That is what the VRR is designed to do. It also helps smooth out some screen jittering due to inconsistent frame rates. You are completely entitled to your opinion if it is needed or not, that
    was not the purpose of my response.

The reason you don't see screen tearing issues with console games is because the frame rates are generally locked to either 30 or 60 fps. If the system can run the game at a near constant 30 or 60 fps you won't get screen tearing. The only need for VRR
    is for the games that developers are turning off the frame limiters on.

However screen tearing on consoles happen. It is infrequent but it does happen. It is usually very quick and most of the time people will not notice it happens.

Here is a video of an example of screen tearing in Borderlands on the XBOX ONE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL39RtQiu1U
Thema:

I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or...

1. I some times get screen tearing on my Xbox seris s does this mean my console need to fix or... - Similar Threads - times screen tearing

2. Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...: Ive tried to do everything I know when it comes to factory resetting the whole Xbox with and without games. Its strange as a he white screen only happens when I try to load into an actual game. If...
  3. somone plese help me with screen time this is my last hope before my xbox gose out a window.

in XBoX Accessibility
    somone plese help me with screen time this is my last hope before my xbox gose out a window.: i am the only person in my family but im set as a child and cant take my screen time away I've been dealing with this for 2 years can someone please help me. c8ecae20-d725-4110-bb78-feaa0757f91e
  4. How to monitor screen time for Family organiser?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to monitor screen time for Family organiser?: Hello, I have set up a family but main account my son plays with on Xbox is mine, i.e. family organiser's. In the Xbox family app it doesn’t seem to allow you to monitor screen usage for the...
  5. Can't turn screen time off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't turn screen time off: Hi, I need help, because its driving me insane. I have logged into my microsoft account on my new laptop, and for some reason it has a screen time on it. I cant use the device after 22:00 until...
  6. Screen time limits on Xbox not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen time limits on Xbox not working: Screen time limits through family safety have suddenly stopped working. My son is able to play whenever and for however long he likes, last night I caught him playing at 4 am! I’ve checked all the...
  7. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family: I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser...
  8. Why am I getting a white screen every time I have to log in to my Xbox series s?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I getting a white screen every time I have to log in to my Xbox series s?: I have set up my Xbox so I don’t have to log in every time yet it still comes up. Then when I put in my password it loads for a bit then a white screen appears. I have tried everything. From...
  9. Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen: Games run perfectly fine and smoothly on my Series X, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. However every time I’m in a game and press the xbox button to bring up the sidebar, the whole...
  10. how do i fix my screen time if i don’t have the parent password

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i fix my screen time if i don’t have the parent password: i’ve lost my dad he has stop talking to me and we set up the xbox together and now i don’t know the email or the password it does not let me play or do any games without doing my screen time and i...