I should have my controller under a 1 year warranty but it says its expired

Discus and support I should have my controller under a 1 year warranty but it says its expired in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller is having issues with its bumpers not being responsive. It is an elite 2 controller so should have a one-year warranty but when I go to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Blood Wasp, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Blood Wasp
    Blood Wasp Guest

My controller is having issues with its bumpers not being responsive.

It is an elite 2 controller so should have a one-year warranty but when I go to devices it says it is expired, only bought it in October last year. Also very dissatisfied with the support options online, I can't speak with an adviser over the phone or in a browser as the system keeps telling me no support for this problem.

:)

Blood Wasp, Mar 7, 2023
  2. cach12 Win User

Xbox Controller Support

Okay. So why does it say “Microsoft Limited Warranty 1 years” under it when I check my controller under registered devices, which is listed separately by the way? And why doesn’t the expiration say it expired 30/90 days after the purchase?

Is it just because it’s automated and it’s essentially wrong information?
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

NO HELP ? NO SUPPORT !

The warranty is 1 year for the controllers. Seeing as you bought it in 2017 the warranty has expired and you will need to pay for it to be fixed.
  4. VladimiraHutchinson Win User

xbox one headset sx-01

tried different controller, works perfectly.

My xbox was bought in argos in November 2018, so it should be still under 1 year warranty. Do I need to send in my console as well ?

thx
  5. Kalmarn Win User

How long is the elite controller 2 warranty?

Thought it should be 1 year. Sounds like the second controller is a return that has already started its warranty.
  6. smileskybird Win User

XB1 warranty a joke adopters read small print and warranty up

I got my 360 slim 250gb console late 2010 and it's still working fine. It didn't die on me when the 12M warranty expired. The same applies for my Sony KDL40EX720 LED Full HDTV I got in 2011, and for my Sony CX190 camcorder I got late 2012. Every Day 1 Xbox
    1 buyer knows their 12 month warranty will expire latish next month. But it's not doomsday. Rather, it will be Xbox 1's 1st BD.

Manufacturers companies and governments have expectations on the minimum requirement for how long hardware should last and that the quality needs to be good. 12 months sounds reasonable. My Samsung S5 comes with 2 years warranty from Samsung and Spark NZ
    my Telco company, but the phone was $250 more than what I paid for my Xbox 1 console at launch day. I think under Australian and NZ law, if you buy a new console it is expected to last at least 12 months and that would include the controller too, for both
    Xbox 360 and Xbox 1. When my 360 slim console was half way through it's 12M warranty, I contacted the authorized retailer where I got my console was from, this was in 2011 and asked if the warranty included the mic and controller. They said well M offers a
    90 day warranty on those, but under the consumer guarantee act, since it came with the console, we can exchange the controller or headset if it were faulty, within the 12M warranty period, for free.
Thema:

1. I should have my controller under a 1 year warranty but it says its expired - Similar Threads - should controller under

2. My Xbox elite series 2 controllers expansion Port is not working what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controllers expansion Port is not working what should I do: I sent the controller in through the warranty I guess it was not too included in the warranty because when I got it back the expansion port still was not fixed 77df2058-537a-431f-9112-7f60d6c2e9f0
  3. My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?: Hi! I have a problem with my xbox elite controller series 2. initially I connected my controller via bluetooth on windows 10, then I bought an xbox dongle adapter to reduce latency, but it ended...
  4. Can i leave the elite 2 controller plugged in the console in 24/7 or i should disconnect it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i leave the elite 2 controller plugged in the console in 24/7 or i should disconnect it...: I noticed my xbox will charge the controller even when the console is off, it's on fully shutdown mode, and im scared the battery will explode, i know it's have an overcharge protection but the...
  5. My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do: My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do 1d66ad3b-84c4-4e95-8c6a-c2a1021f5941
  6. Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?: The Elite Series 2 controller allegedly doesn’t come with paddles. But the box says it includes paddles. Is it just faulty product that needs to be returned? Or false advertising that needs to be...
  7. Elite 2 controller disconnects if you move your hands. What paddled controller should I get?

in XboX Insiders
    Elite 2 controller disconnects if you move your hands. What paddled controller should I get?: Bought an Elite 2 controller today because I gave my Elite to my friend a few years back. I didn’t need it anymore. The Elite 2 controller disconnects immediately in an intense situation where the...
  8. My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??: I just recently started having this problem where every few seconds my controller keeps disconnecting. This happens to all of my controllers. I tried everything from moving my Bluetooth devices...
  9. At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.

in XboX Insiders
    At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.: Controllers started as 1 stick and 1 button. Then the Nintendo upped that to a "Stick" and 4 Buttons. Then Nintendo added 4 more buttons (8 total), Sega added 2 on top of that (10 total). Then...
  10. Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...: It's starts and stops when I try to run forward in games. I've tried looking it up but to no avail. Please help? e205370e-eac4-48ce-b0be-98046d8c206b