I sent my controller for repair and Microsoft has lost it

Discus and support I sent my controller for repair and Microsoft has lost it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, about 2 months ago I sent my son's controller in for repair as there was an issue with one of the sticks drifting, I was given a service request... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gibrietas, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Gibrietas
    Gibrietas Guest

Hey, about 2 months ago I sent my son's controller in for repair as there was an issue with one of the sticks drifting, I was given a service request number and a delivery label, and I sent it back. The UPS tracking for the delivery label shows it as delivered, but since then I've heard nothing at all from Microsoft; no update if the controller was received from Microsoft, the status of the return or repair, nothing.

I tried to arrange a callback through the support website, but it keeps failing, I've tried several dozen times and the virtual agent keeps having an error so will not call me.

I managed to dig up a phone number, but that constantly routes me to the website and there's no way to speak to anyone to resolve this.

I reached out on twitter to @XboxSupport and they told me to contact them again if I hadn't received the controller by November 4th, they would arrange for a refund, that was 2 days ago, and now I cannot speak to anyone on that twitter account. My DMs are apparently now to the virtual agent, and I've had no reply whatsoever from whoever it was I was speaking to before.

So right now I can't call anyone on the phone, your virtual agent will not arrange a callback with me and I'm down a £70 design labs controller for my little kid.

:)

Gibrietas, Nov 7, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Gibrietas,

We really appreciate for your time and understand what you are feeling right now. May we know what country or region you are physically located, so we could check and assist you better?

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Gibrietas,

Thank you for posting Xbox Community Forum.

We totally understand your concern right now and would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

As per description it's been 2 months already that you sent son's controller for a repair, and you got no update regarding of the whereabouts since then. Also, you made mention of trying to contact our Live/Virtual support, but you failed to connect with them. However, we have realized that this issue of yours would be dealt better by our live support team so that they can properly check what’s going on with your device and applications. They are more equipped with all the tools and resources to get your problem diagnosed. Kindly follow the steps below to contact our live support team. Let me walk you through on how to contact support.

Visit to the link: Contact us | Xbox Support

1. Select the " See Contact Options" or "Request a Call" button
    2. Select the following drop-down menu options in the following order:
      What are you having trouble with? - Hardware & Network
      What's the issue? -Warranty service repair
    3. The third box will ask you to describe your issue "XXXXXX" and then select the "Next" button.
    4. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    5. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible. Make sure that you are on the region page of your exact location.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello Gibrietas,

Thank you for your response. Allow us to investigate further why you were not able to contact our Live support.

We will get back to you as soon as we have feedback regarding the issue.

Best regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Gibrietas Win User

Hey, so I've tried the automatic status based on the return number and it tells me that no return matching that number exists.

[​IMG]

I get this response every single time. Yes the number is correct, I copied it directly from the email, and have checked it multiple times, my repair order cannot be found.

And, as for contacting, as I said in the original post:

I tried to arrange a callback through the support website, but it keeps failing, I've tried several dozen times and the virtual agent keeps having an error so will not call me.

No amount of trying to get the request a call functionality to work, it does not work, it is busted. It does not work. I have been unable after dozens of attempts at entering my phone number to request a callback, to actually get the virtual agent to not throw an error and tell me there is an error.

I have given my email and phone number _twice_ to Xbox support on twitter (@XboxSupport) and not a single person has contacted me on the provided email or phone number.
  6. Gibrietas Win User

Hey any response here, I'd like to know what's going on?
Thema:

1. I sent my controller for repair and Microsoft has lost it - Similar Threads - sent controller repair

2. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  3. Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it

in XBoX on Windows
    Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it: I’m posting this here out of desperation. I sent my ES2 controller in for warranty repair in November 2022. Over the course of about a year, I called XCS several times to try and find out about...
  4. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...
  5. What do I do if I sent a controller to get repaired only for it to come back in the same...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do if I sent a controller to get repaired only for it to come back in the same...: I sent my controller to be repaired by Microsoft only for it to not be fixed at all, is there anything I can do bc775a4d-1fb8-452d-8648-901645bd8b63
  6. Sent my Xbox controller back for repair in June . sent my controller back to me with wrong...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent my Xbox controller back for repair in June . sent my controller back to me with wrong...: Hi I sent my Xbox controller for repair in June . I contacted in July to ask where it was they said they sent it to my postal shop I asked for the invoice number so I could pick it up. However it...
  7. Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition: I recently sent an Xbox Elite 2 controller in for repair. The A and Y buttons both stick when depressed. The controller was received, "inspected", and sent back within the same day. The controller...
  8. Where is my controller I sent in to repaired?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where is my controller I sent in to repaired?: I purchased an Xbox controller, and it was faulty when I opened it. I sent it in to be repaired under warranty. I saw on my MS account page they had received and were working on it... and then a...
  9. I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.: I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and I called support 5 times and so far no one can't find my controller, at this point I want a refund, how I can get it?...
  10. Sent controller back for repairs a month ago and never received it back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent controller back for repairs a month ago and never received it back: I’ve contacted support multiple times via email and call. I was told today they would call me back because the “offline team” was in a meeting and they needed information regarding my request....