I screwed up my minecraft over a cape and need help. please.

Discus and support I screwed up my minecraft over a cape and need help. please. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I will try to explain my situation the best i can. I recently updated Minecraft and immediately started getting pestered by it to migrate my account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PhoebusAshes, Nov 6, 2021.

1. PhoebusAshes
    PhoebusAshes Guest

I will try to explain my situation the best i can.

I recently updated Minecraft and immediately started getting pestered by it to migrate my account. This has been a fact that I had known about and accepted for a while. The one thing I didn't notice was that anybody who migrated got a cool cape.

Naturally I took the bait.

Now, I mainly use Linux. Arch Linux to be precise, and its on basically every device my family owns. I'm no expert but dad helped me learn the ropes.

Back on topic: I launched Minecraft and the first thing I see is that Multiplayer and Realms are greyed out, and the message "Multiplayer Disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings" appears.
    Seems simple enough a fix. Clicked "Manage account", waited for it to load. Instead of opening a login screen though, it took me to this specific support page:

https://support.xbox.com/en-NZ/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one

and that's where it all went downhill.
    No matter what method I try to use, it takes me back to this support page, I assume that, quite reasonably, it does this because of Linux, but it keeps taking me to that support page.

'My Microsoft account -> Your info -> Xbox profile'? Support page.

'xbox.com -> Sign In'? a flicker of hope as it tries to open the page, but alas, Support Page

Downloading the app gave no consolidation either. does not allow you to change settings.

I can't exactly migrate back or make a new non-Microsoft account, either. teh official website only gives the option of signing up with MS.

Anyway, please help a poor, innocent Linux user get their Minecraft back. please...

:)

PhoebusAshes, Nov 6, 2021
  2. wi7bit Win User

3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contacting us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

You don't have access because your account doesn't allow you to change it yourself. Just have an adult account and register your account as a family member in this account, the "parent" account will be able to change the privacy settings.
  4. PhoebusAshes Win User

Update.
    I want. to scream.

a whole day i have agonized over this, perhaps two.

and apparently ALL i needed to do was fake my age.

no offence but i'm sticking to Linux. At least it doesn't send me on a goose chase, for there is no goose.

only a penguin, a forum and a wiki, from wherein I pull fragments of code to piece together the jigsaw puzzle that is me trying to work my computer.
  5. Vanessaez Win User

My Minecraft cape is gone after changing pc.

Hello Gabaaa, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

If your Minecraft cape disappeared after changing PCs, it's possible that the cape was accidentally uninstalled from the launcher. To recover the cape, you can try the following:

Verify that the cape is uninstalled from the launcher. To do this, open the Minecraft launcher and go to the "Appearance" tab. If the cape is not in the list, it means it is uninstalled.
    Reinstall the cape. To do this, go to the Minecraft website and search for the cape you want to install. Once you have found the cape, click the "Download" button.
    Once the cape has been downloaded, open the Minecraft launcher and go to the "Appearance" tab. The cape should now be in the list.
    As for the question of how to recover the skins you had on the previous PC, there is no direct way to do this through the launcher. However, if you saved the skins on your previous PC, you can try importing them to the new PC. To do this, follow these steps:

Find the skins you saved on the previous PC. Skins are usually stored in the "AppData" folder on your PC.
    Copy the skins to the "AppData" folder on the new PC.
    Open the Minecraft launcher and go to the "Appearance" tab.
    Click the "Import" button.
    Select the skins you want to import and click "Open."
    Once you have imported the skins, they should appear in the list of available skins.
    I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  6. Pierce H. Win User

Why haven't I received the Vanilla Cape in Minecraft?

Hi uhqqoW!

Welcome to the Microsoft Answers Community! I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your vanilla cape. You will need to contact Minecraft Support here for additional assistance with your issue: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001225811 They will be able to look into your account further to determine your eligibility to receive the cape and if so manually add the cape for you.

Additionally, you can take a look at this help article with more information about who's eligible to receive the cape: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us...-and-Bedrock-Edition-for-PC-Vanilla-Cape-FAQ-

I hope this answered your question, if it did, please mark this as the answer to help others! If you need more help, shoot us a reply!

Happy Gaming!

Thema:

1. I screwed up my minecraft over a cape and need help. please. - Similar Threads - screwed minecraft cape

2. Loose screw in my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loose screw in my controller: Hi I recently got a new xbox seires x controller, i could hear something rattling round inside the body of the controller so I took off one of the side grip covers to see a loose screw sitting...
  3. My xbox is screwed, please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is screwed, please help: So today when i got home i was expecting a game to be downloaded which i started downlaoding from the app. Now i get home to see my xbox on but my tv says no signal. I used a new hdmi cable,...
  4. I need to know how to log into my xbox account because i screwed it up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know how to log into my xbox account because i screwed it up.: i recently changed the microsoft of my account to another email and removed that alias, the thing is the email i changed it to was part of another account which i removed the alias from and...
  5. Am I screwed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Am I screwed?: My xbox controller literally will not pair to my series x no matter what i do. i’ve tried everything from usb cords to unplugging it for a few minutes and nothings working. I’ve tried 4 different...
  6. Does anyone know the type of screw used on the power switch board in the xbox one and one s

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know the type of screw used on the power switch board in the xbox one and one s: I lost a few of those screws from my xbox one s and I wanted to know what kind of screws are these e2558d74-8608-40a7-8381-6e8a90347760
  7. Xbox Series X - Loose screw

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Loose screw: Yesterday i unboxed my brand new Xbox Series X after months of waiting as it was so hard to find but to my disappointment, when i unboxed it, i heard a rattling sound which was loud as if some...
  8. Screw fell while unboxing Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screw fell while unboxing Series X: Hi everyone, I just bought a Series X last week and today I've got the chance to unbox it and set it up. But while opening the wrapping around the console, I've heard some rattling and a long...
  9. Loose screw in system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loose screw in system: One of the screws that holds the back panel in place slipped out of my fingers and fell through the vents by the disc drive while I was cleaning the console. I can hear it rattle when I shake the...
  10. Alpha skip ahead here, when i lunch psychonauts 2 I guess my HDR screw the image (too bright)

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead here, when i lunch psychonauts 2 I guess my HDR screw the image (too bright): Guys can someone have a suggestion? If I turn off the HDR the problem disappear but it's a really beautiful game to play with HDR Ps:launch :) submitted by /u/Raxelzu [link] [comments]