I remember my gamer tag but not the account email or password how do i get logged in

Discus and support I remember my gamer tag but not the account email or password how do i get logged in in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So basically i want to unlink my account to bungie.net so i can use cross save, however i need to sign into my xbox account which i dont remember the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by K-Twaaa, Nov 24, 2022.

1. K-Twaaa
    K-Twaaa Guest

I remember my gamer tag but not the account email or password how do i get logged in

So basically i want to unlink my account to bungie.net so i can use cross save, however i need to sign into my xbox account which i dont remember the email to, i can probably work out the password. Is there a way to do this, also xbox virtual support sucks and is useless as it is just an automated bot.

:)

K-Twaaa, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, even if Microsoft could access to the account, they are not going to be able to unlink third party account from a Microsoft Account

This always needs to be done from the specific account service that you want to unlink
    In your case Bungie

You can try your luck with them, just to see if they can help
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this K-TWAAA

As you don't remember your account email, I can advise you fill the account recovery form, in that way you're going to submit a ticket with Microsoft account recovery team
    https://account.live.com/acsr

You can try all the emails you remember or if you had a phone number attached to the account, you can use that too.

Sadly, an account cannot be recovered with the gamertag alone.

Also, you could try alternative methods to recover your account here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Please note that no one here including regular Microsoft Support is capable to send password reset links for security policies
  4. K-Twaaa Win User

Thanks for the reply.

I've filled out the recovery form twice with all the details i had with the exception of post code which i never put in and credit card as i never used one, i always used pre paid cards you could buy from shops.

Their "recovery team" is automated so that means its a bot and not an actual human interaction. I have tried all the email addresses i knew and the one i set up using the account no longer exists according to microsoft so i am now stumped. honestly i would be happy if an admin could just disconnect the link between my gamertag and bungie.net, thats all i actually need done so i can play cross save.

Thank you for reaching out it is good to know there are those in the microsoft community that is aiming to help other people, even if microsoft won't support their users.
  5. K-Twaaa Win User

Yeah so i've already been to bungie as that was my presumption as well but according to them it is done by the account you wish to connect to in this case Xbox.

To unlink the account you are required to sign in to your xbox and this is the problem that i'm facing.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If they're not able to help you with the unlinking process in this case the best option is keep trying with the recovery form or create a new account according to the options given on this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Sorry for not be much helpful, for this specific concern the help is very limited
Thema:

1. I remember my gamer tag but not the account email or password how do i get logged in - Similar Threads - remember gamer tag

2. i cant remember my password but dont have access to my secondary email but i can tell you...

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant remember my password but dont have access to my secondary email but i can tell you...: i cannot remember my password as an old friend who i dont speak to anymore made my microsoft account and so now i cannot play minecraft due to this. I have tried to go on...
  3. I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I transferred my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but I do not remember the email of...: I had a Minecraft account with a username and password, which is apparently now not of use after the accounts got migrated to Microsoft accounts. I migrated my account but I do not remember...
  4. Don’t remember my email address

in XBoX on Windows
    Don’t remember my email address: I can’t remember my email i used for my Xbox 93bada1f-fb65-4485-94c5-a8a91d572edf
  5. My sons Xbox got toasted by my 2 year old and neither him or i can remember his email to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sons Xbox got toasted by my 2 year old and neither him or i can remember his email to...: What are my options to recover an email to an account ? My son and myself can’t remember the password to his account and I’ve got too much money tied up I. His account to start over...
  6. Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username: I need help getting my old account back e44e9be3-9bfb-4b55-9f39-3211b73f93d3
  7. If I remembered correctly, sonic the hedgehog 2006 is backwards compatible for the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I remembered correctly, sonic the hedgehog 2006 is backwards compatible for the Xbox...: If I remembered correctly, sonic the hedgehog is backwards compatible for Xbox series x or s, correct? 8f672608-bb09-49bd-a1a0-07edb6325bbd
  8. How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the...: How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the phone number is my old number I no longer have ? c21e56e3-8951-44e9-acf6-ab3d2df3a1b8
  9. Forget my xbox account email but still remember the gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forget my xbox account email but still remember the gamer tag: As the title says, i forgot what email i used to sign up in opening a xbox account 5-6 years ago. I'm still able to remember the gamer tag and i'm sure that i'm able to remember the email if only...
  10. Lost my account and I can’t remember my email but I remember the gamer tag can you help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost my account and I can’t remember my email but I remember the gamer tag can you help: I forgot the email to my account but remember the gamer tag could you help c5a47c6b-c763-4dfa-8c3f-804dafa8b0d6