I redeemed a code for game content via Microsoft store when it was meant to be through Steam

Discus and support I redeemed a code for game content via Microsoft store when it was meant to be through Steam in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I redeemed a code that someone on their Xbox gave to me via Xbox One when I am on steam. They sent me the code and I clicked it via the Xbox game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ruben Toder, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Ruben Toder
    Ruben Toder Guest

I redeemed a code for game content via Microsoft store when it was meant to be through Steam

So I redeemed a code that someone on their Xbox gave to me via Xbox One when I am on steam. They sent me the code and I clicked it via the Xbox game bar and redeemed through Microsoft store thinking it would give me the content on pc but it has given it me through Xbox instead by the looks of it without warning me. How do I resolve this ?

:)

Ruben Toder, Jan 18, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

If the code was for Xbox or the Xbox app on PC, unfortunately, it would not have been possible to redeem it on Steam.

Steam is a different launcher seperate from Xbox services and requires their own keys similar to Epic Games and Rockstar and their respected launchers.

I wish there was better news but this cant be resolved the way you wish :(
  3. slackadelic Win User

Redeemed Codes

If you redeemed a code for a PC game through the Microsoft Store, you'll have to download/install it from the Microsoft Store as it isn't affiliated with Steam.
  4. JayDelgado Win User

Redeemed Codes

Sorry but if you redeemed the code on the Microsoft store, that's where your going to get the content, not on steam or other stores. The redeemed content should be ready to install or you can check on your purchase history.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Old game download.

That will depend on which platform you have redeemed the code that you were able to get through GameStop. If it was on Steam you may need to reach out to them to check your billing history.

On Microsoft Store order history you will be able to see just the games that you purchased through Microsoft Store or codes that were redeemed in Microsoft Store.
  6. Khalfan Al Romaithi Win User

I bought currency in a game and didn't receive it (On Windows Store/Xbox App PC)

When purchasing Bundles and Ancient Coin packs for Sea of Thieves, it is important that you purchase through the correct store for the platform in which you are playing. Otherwise you may not receive the items in which you have purchased!

So this means that if you are playing on the Steam version of Sea of Thieves, then you must purchase your content through the Steam store. And likewise, if you are using the Microsoft Store or Xbox version of Sea of thieves, then you must purchase your content through the Microsoft Store.

This is due to how your purchases are redeemed into your game. For example, purchases through the Steam Store are added to your Steam Inventory, which in-turn are 'consumed' into your game during the next boot flow with the item then being removed from your Steam Inventory (the Microsoft Store / Xbox versions are not able to process these purchases). Likewise with the Microsoft Store / Xbox Versions, purchases through the Microsoft Store are not added to your Steam Inventory and therefore cannot be 'Consumed' into the Steam version of the game.

If you do mistakenly purchase Bundles or Ancient Coin packs on the incorrect platform store, please contact the following support channels for a refund.

Thema:

1. I redeemed a code for game content via Microsoft store when it was meant to be through Steam - Similar Threads - redeemed code game

2. How do I get a code that's been redeemed but never add my v bucks to my for fortnight game

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a code that's been redeemed but never add my v bucks to my for fortnight game: On March 3add a vbuck and says it was confirmed but never added epic says it's Microsoft due it secondary code never redeemed so I did go back try code but says I can't I just need help get my...
  3. Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...: Hi, I recently used a Minecraft bedrock code and it was redeemed using my microsoft account. After redeeming the code (and the game shows on my microsoft order history), I downloaded the...
  4. Game I redeemed with digital code is no where to be found on my system. Where can I find it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Game I redeemed with digital code is no where to be found on my system. Where can I find it?: Ok. So this is silly of me…or not. I redeemed a digital code for a new game for my son. However, I redeemed the code through my cell phone. I was prompted that the game would be automatically...
  5. How do I redeem my code for a game purchase mistakenly sent through Xbox instead of my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I redeem my code for a game purchase mistakenly sent through Xbox instead of my...: I can't redeem my code for a game purchase because I tried to redeem it through Xbox instead of my Microsoft account by mistake. Now it won't let me redeem the code on my Windows computer. I don't...
  6. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  7. I redeemed my moutian dew code for game pass and it didnt give me it what do i do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed my moutian dew code for game pass and it didnt give me it what do i do: I redeemed my moutian dew code and it said i got the gamepass but I cant play rainbow six siege what do i do 3cc349cd-868a-483d-a6e7-aa8f750dae4e
  8. Can I request a PC version of a redeemed game after putting in the code?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I request a PC version of a redeemed game after putting in the code?: Please help!!! My best friend gifted me MW3 but, be forgot switched to PC and got the xb1 MW3 "Cross Gen" edition. Is it possible to undo the code or trade it in for the PC version??...
  9. I redeemed a MTNDEW code for the new Xbox promotion and I have not received the free game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed a MTNDEW code for the new Xbox promotion and I have not received the free game...: I redeemed the code yesterday and I got the points for the website, but I haven't gotten the free game pass. What do I do. 8a09deba-3842-4db6-961d-edbc5900897f
  10. didnt get a code with pc game pass redeemed with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    didnt get a code with pc game pass redeemed with Microsoft rewards?: I believe i was supposed to get a code when i redeemed my points, however i did not receive one. also whenever i try to get minecraft (on the launcher) or on the xbox app, it does not even say i...