I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now my bo2 game won’t connect to Xbox live...

Discus and support I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now my bo2 game won’t connect to Xbox live... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now bo2 won’t connect to Xbox live(360) with my old gamer tag? How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fidel Segura, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Fidel Segura
    Fidel Segura Guest

I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now my bo2 game won’t connect to Xbox live...

I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now bo2 won’t connect to Xbox live(360) with my old gamer tag? How can I fix this?

:)

Fidel Segura, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Fidel Segura Win User

I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now my bo2 game won’t connect to Xbox live on 360

Thank you I’m trying this now!
  3. DeniqL Win User

I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now my bo2 game won’t connect to Xbox live on 360

Hi Fidel i'm Luis a Xbox user just like you. Thanks for reaching out us here. The Xbox 360 emulator is probably having some issues trying to get into the old gt.

Can you please try clearing the 360 storage and download your profile again?
  4. Spoilord Win User

Sea of thieves mix pot huntress figurehead

I did signed into Mixer with that Gamer Tag: . I changed my Gamer Tag recently maybe it changed there. My new Gamer Tag is Crusader Colin. Try that one.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Gamer tag

Ever since the new gamer tag update, I've been experiencing issues involving my GT when I view my profile it shows two gamer tags and I've found this out awhile ago but ignored it assuming it was a bug and thinking that Microsoft was gonna fix it and then
    I get a message from Xbox live telling me about the issues people have been having with gamer tags and how I recently changed mine which I did. Then the message told me to change mine to the new GT and so I went to my profile and tried to change it but now
    it's saying my new gamer tag is too long and by new gamer tag I mean the one I recently changed too about two or so months ago and now im confused on why its telling me my gamer tag is too long. It's honestly infuriating because I really like my new gamer
    tag and now my account is messed up because of the update, by the way, the two gamer tags it's showing is the one I changed to recently and the one I had before that, also my new gamer tag is Shiki Koshiyama which was fine before the update but now it's saying
    "Your Gamertag needs to be 12 characters or less" and as you can see my gamer tag is over 12 characters. I honestly don't know what to do and I don't know how long your gamer tag could've been before so I don't know if my gamer tag is just glitched and shouldn't
    exist or what.

Thanks for any feedback any help is welcomed.
    Huh

Ok the two gamertags are because one is legacy and one is your current

The legacy never changes

Since your current name is still a legacy name you dont need to change it at all

Only if you want to change your current tag which falls under the new rules

Which is a maximun of 12 because of the hashtag

None of the new name system supported 15 ever

It has always been 12

So you only changed it before

Remember the new system only worked in the website via social

It is onlg recently that legacy system came to the console itself
  6. SubpotentBog41 Win User

Gamer tag to MS account

I am not sure how it happened. I already had a Microsoft account. When I got my xbox I created an account and got a gamer tag while setting up my xbox. I signed up for xbox live from my xbox using my existing gamer tag and Microsoft account. I then went
    to xbox live and signed in using my Miicrosoft account, and for some reason when I did this a new gamer tag was created and associate to my Microsoft account. So, now when I log into xbox live I see one gamer tag. But on my xbox I have a different gamer
    tag.
Thema:

1. I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox one and now my bo2 game won’t connect to Xbox live... - Similar Threads - recently changed gamer

2. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  3. why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?: I just want the most recent OSU f3ece180-f3b6-4c18-9f4d-97752fa7aa83
  4. Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures: Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to the entire hard drive its self. because of...
  5. I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...: I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t loaded to his email or mine. This is the second gift card that has vanished into Xbox world. :(...
  6. Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...: Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will take 30 days and i can still sign in and use my microsoft account but i cant log on to xbox account...
  7. So recently i have got my Xbox and i hate my username,so i tried to change it.But when i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So recently i have got my Xbox and i hate my username,so i tried to change it.But when i...: I have image but it wont let me upload it. a3523347-cf4f-45b3-af3b-72689c0e2a07
  8. How lond does it take for a recently changed username on an account to be available?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How lond does it take for a recently changed username on an account to be available?: So I have 2 accounts and Account 1 has the usernae I want Account 2 to have. And I changed Account 1's username to something and when I try to change the username on Account 2 it says is available...
  9. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...
  10. Xbox Home Screen (Recent Changes)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Home Screen (Recent Changes): I Guess After the New Update The Home Screen Changed. I Believe I'm in Alpha Ring. My Home screen is not only not editable but has "my games" way up to the top. Switched with the barely used &...