I purchased the wrong game for this particular console, how do I get a refund?

Discus and support I purchased the wrong game for this particular console, how do I get a refund? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Madden 23 for Xbox One instead of X Series, so how do I rectify this situation? First-time XBox user 6e9b1414-1a53-41d5-9421-4e06ebaa5dec Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Buglife1978, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Buglife1978
    Buglife1978 Guest

I bought Madden 23 for Xbox One instead of X Series, so how do I rectify this situation? First-time XBox user

:)

Buglife1978, Aug 23, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

The all Madden edition?

If so thsn it don't matter you will get the wrong versiom regardless of what you do

Because you aren't doing it rigth contact ea about your issue if you have Madden all Madden edition 2023

Keep in mind you need to store it in internal storage or storage card
  3. Smwutches Win User

4. Ronnieee Win User

How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help.

Let me provide you a direct link for you to request this immediately.

Make sure to get the order number first on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

Then go here:

http://xbox.com/refunds

Choose the option "Why don't I see the purchase in my list?" then "I don't see the purchase"

Choose the last option "none of the above apply, I still can't find my order" then "request a refund"

After you submit this form, you’ll receive confirmation and follow-up emails that’ll include instructions on how you can keep track of the status of your request. They will send you a response with the refund decision within 72 hours, as filling the form doesn't automatically qualify you to get it.

If your refund gets accepted, you will get the money back 3-5 business days depending on your bank, after you receive the confirmation
  5. Parkeriscoo Win User

Refund

My refund declined for a game I didn't play and or buy but my refund got declined and I don't know how to get it back. And I also filled out the refund thing wrong on accident.
    When did you purchase the game?
  6. Smwutches Win User

Purchased game by mistake how do I get a refund?

You'll need to contact support and speak to billing. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. I purchased the wrong game for this particular console, how do I get a refund? - Similar Threads - purchased wrong game

2. Purchased a game for the wrong platform

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased a game for the wrong platform: I purchased a digital copy of a game for xbox instead of pc on accident. I have not redeemed the game code, is there a way to get the right copy? It's an EA game....
  3. I purchased gamepass but it was the wrong one, went to upgrade it and was charged the full...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I purchased gamepass but it was the wrong one, went to upgrade it and was charged the full...: I need to be refunded for the initial membership. 0d33da8e-7768-415e-aa41-dd49d8a055d3
  4. Wrong version of minecraft purchased despite picking the correct one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong version of minecraft purchased despite picking the correct one: I wanted the normal version of Minecraft Java and bedrock edition for PC but when I purchased it said it costed more than was listed. When I checked my billing history it showed I bought the...
  5. I signed into the wrong account and purchased something

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I signed into the wrong account and purchased something: When I was redeeming my digital code for FC24 it said it was redeemed but then I noticed I was on my Gmail account not my AOL account, and my AOL account is what I use for my Xbox, is there anyway...
  6. Refund on wrong purchase digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund on wrong purchase digital game: I was wondering if I could get a refund on a digital game I got. The wrong one eac5b129-f1a4-4256-86b9-acaa60f92eeb
  7. Help trying to purchase a gift card in euros - error message says wrong region

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help trying to purchase a gift card in euros - error message says wrong region: How do you purchase an Xbox gift card in euros as a gift? - I am in the US and my son is in Germany - 1408516c-5242-4fe7-84f6-6f736bd1c712
  8. Why was I given the wrong version of 2K after I purchased my preorder?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was I given the wrong version of 2K after I purchased my preorder?: I pre ordered the 25th anniversary edition of 2K. Yet I have no VC, No nba league pass and when I go to the game it says I own the base version even though I paid $162.02....
  9. If I purchased the wrong version of hogwarts legacy that is not compatible with Xbox 1 do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchased the wrong version of hogwarts legacy that is not compatible with Xbox 1 do I...: If I purchased the wrong version of hogwarts legacy that is not compatible with Xbox 1 do I get charged for it anyway? 41cdb746-a07f-4702-9b5f-5166af299560
  10. Digital code purchase for wrong console type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital code purchase for wrong console type: I recently bought the hogwarts legacy game as a digital code from Best Buy I have an Xbox one and the code was for an X/S and I cannot download the game because it isn’t compatible with my...