I purchased the Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen bundle. Why can't I play it on a new Xbox Series...

Discus and support I purchased the Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen bundle. Why can't I play it on a new Xbox Series... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased the Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen bundle. Why can't I play it on a new Xbox Series X if I buy one in the future, without having to re-purchase... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Got2bMac1984, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Got2bMac1984
    Got2bMac1984 Guest

I purchased the Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen bundle. Why can't I play it on a new Xbox Series...

I purchased the Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen bundle. Why can't I play it on a new Xbox Series X if I buy one in the future, without having to re-purchase it? As I understand now, after I bought the cross gen bundle for the Xbox One, if I were to upgrade to the Xbox Series X I couldn't install the appropriate version for that console with the license I have. That seems ridiculous! That's why I bought the Cross Gen version in the first place.

If I am wrong about this, someone please let me know!

If I have to spend another $100 when I upgrade my console, I might as well just get a PS 5...

:)

Got2bMac1984, Oct 31, 2022
  2. y0itsdanni Win User

Is the Seagate 1TB Expansion + hard drive compatible with Xbox Series X?

Well Modern Warfare II isn’t a specific edition like Series X or anything it’s just the cross gen bundle, so I guess the bundle that’s compatible with all consoles, so I’m presuming that will work?
  3. Francia J. Win User

Missing content

I appreciate you letting me know and I apologize but the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Cross-Gen Bundle only includes both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game, it does not include other items.
  4. Untitled_Paint Win User

Is xbox live mandatory to play cod mw 2 2022 online?

Hello, welcome to Microsoft Answers Community.

Yes. You will need a Microsoft Account to download games from Microsoft Store or Xbox, and play them in Online mode.

However, neither the Vault Edition nor the Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II is included with Xbox Game Pass. Therefore, you do not need an XGP membership.

*For Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II - Vault Edition, please visit Buy Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II - Vault Edition | Xbox;
    *For Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II - Cross-Gen Bundle, please visit Buy Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II - Cross-Gen Bundle | Xbox

*For the official page of Call od Duty: Modern Warfare II, please visit https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-ii.

Best Regards
  5. Francia J. Win User

Why can't I buy the new Call Of Duty modern Warfare by itself?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

The base game is not available to purchase separately which is why you're being asked to purchase the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Cross-Gen Bundle.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Why i can't install crossgen bundle cod mw2 on pc

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ICELion7, I think there should be some confusion with the themenologies.

Cross-Gen Bundle means you can install the game on both the regular Xbox One and the new generation.

In addition to installing MW2 on the console and PC with the same game license it would have to be Playanywhere, which is not the case with the Cross-Gen Bundle, it was made only for xbox.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/call-of-...

Playable on

Xbox One

Xbox Series X|S

And if the MW2 is cross-platform it will allow you to play with people from other platforms like PlayStation, and PC.
Thema:

1. I purchased the Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen bundle. Why can't I play it on a new Xbox Series... - Similar Threads - purchased Modern Warfare

2. Hi I purchased the call of duty modern Warfare 3 vault Edition upgrade and have not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I purchased the call of duty modern Warfare 3 vault Edition upgrade and have not...: I purchased the call of duty modern Warfare 3 vault Edition upgrade and have not received any of my promised game content, this has put me $50 (AUS) out of ocket and either request that I get my...
  3. I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 of which Call of Duty is part - but when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 of which Call of Duty is part - but when...: I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 a year ago of which Call of Duty is part - but when installing the extras will install but when it comes to COD says installation stopped and will not...
  4. I already bought modern warfare but it wants me to purchase it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I already bought modern warfare but it wants me to purchase it?: I bought MW(2019) two years ago I have a different Xbox and moved I went to modern warfare and clicked install happy I still had it (cuz I'm using the same account) downloaded all the packs Then...
  5. I purchased the $100 bundle version of call of duty Modern warfare 3 and did not receive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the $100 bundle version of call of duty Modern warfare 3 and did not receive...: I purchased the $100 bundle version of call of duty Modern warfare 3 and did not receive the full bundle such as the battle pass with 30 skipped tiers and 1100 coins...
  6. I have call of duty modern warfare disc but it tells me to purchase it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have call of duty modern warfare disc but it tells me to purchase it: Call of duty not working have the disc but still telling me to purchase it 0a12efd6-dbd6-49b7-9115-7390055c06f8
  7. Modern warfare does not play on my new Xbox x, I have purchased it already 3 years ago...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern warfare does not play on my new Xbox x, I have purchased it already 3 years ago...: I know this has popped up before, but no solution was forthcoming. To repeat, I have downloaded it, I own it but for some reason it will not let me play it. Hoping there is an established...
  8. Cod modern warfare 2 keeps saying i need to purchase full game to play multiplayer but i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod modern warfare 2 keeps saying i need to purchase full game to play multiplayer but i...: Cod modern warfare 2 keeps saying i need to purchase full game to play multiplayer but i have the disc in the console dmz and warzone both work reinstalled didnt help...
  9. I purchased Modern warfare and when I try to play it only allows me to go to warzone,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Modern warfare and when I try to play it only allows me to go to warzone,...: can't seem to play modern warfare, it only let's me go to warzone 24244a29-1a81-4c0b-b47d-f34f6a217e95
  10. Xbox is telling me to re purchase Modern Warfare 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is telling me to re purchase Modern Warfare 2: I had to unplug my extended hard-drive from my Xbox and when I plugged it back in it won’t let me play Modern Warfare 2. It says that I’m still connected to my lvl 329 account and it will let me...