I purchased a new GamerTag and it still has not changed several weeks later

Discus and support I purchased a new GamerTag and it still has not changed several weeks later in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I hope someone can assist. I purchased a new Gamertag back on February 19th and it has not changed. Any idea how to get this taken care of?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MyTwoNutzz, Mar 11, 2023.

1. MyTwoNutzz
    MyTwoNutzz Guest

I hope someone can assist.

I purchased a new Gamertag back on February 19th and it has not changed. Any idea how to get this taken care of?

:)

MyTwoNutzz, Mar 11, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you tried deleting the account´s cache?

Delete account Cache

Remove Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then Remove.

4. Close.

Power Cycle:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Wait for 5 minutes and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Add Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

3. Enter the Email Address and the Password.

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console again.

After that, check for the GT change
  3. KavxA Win User

Got a new gamertag a week and a half ago but it shows below my old one when you view my profile and when I join parties my old one shows up. Anyone know how I make my new gamertag my main?

Update: it has been 2-3 weeks since I changed my gamertag and still no change , the old one is still showing up as my main.
  4. Szymon M1 Win User

Changing gamertag

It has been past almost 2 weeks from change and I still see the old gamertag on console.
  5. x iTz LUFC x Win User

new account question

no if you create a new account now you get one free name change. what i meant was if i put gold membership on before changing the gamertag will it still let me change it later
  6. ZednoughtGaming Win User

Use a different way to pay

I've been getting this error for several weeks and nothing has changed. I even tried using a different card and it still didn't work. Fix this, Microsoft!
Thema:

1. I purchased a new GamerTag and it still has not changed several weeks later - Similar Threads - purchased GamerTag still

2. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  3. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  4. the gamertag change purchase went through but my gamertag isnt changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    the gamertag change purchase went through but my gamertag isnt changed: I bought change gamertag and microsoft showed that the purchase went through but the change name page didnt show gamertag changed sucessfully and i created another account but it said the the...
  5. Purchase "Gamertag Change" service in Ukraine don`t work.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Purchase "Gamertag Change" service in Ukraine don`t work.: Good day Microsoft, how i can change gamertag in Ukraine? For now, if i want to purchase "Gamertag Change" service, for me available only US billing address. Because of this i can`t purchaice...
  6. Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?: Recently purchased a new gamertag, but it still shows my old name above new name. Anyone know why? [img] 39aea6a9-41ab-4d54-b546-3e09446c7d8d
  7. I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...: I simply purchased a service that was not provided correctly and would like my $13 back or for my name to change correctly to what I wanted. cbaa5c95-65fe-499c-a2ba-403eef43055f
  8. How long does it take for your gamertag to change after purchase?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How long does it take for your gamertag to change after purchase?: I purchased a new gamertag last night, assuming it would change immediately. Microsoft sure had no trouble charging me the $9.99 immediately. But my gamertag remains the same....
  9. Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change: I cannot purchase the Gamertag change, this error keeps occurring please help. Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. Try that again Something happened on our...
  10. Gamertag Purchased But Not Showing Up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Purchased But Not Showing Up: I have purchased a new Xbox gamertag and the purchase shows in my Microsoft history. It has been almost 48 hours now and the new gamertag still doesn't appear in any of the games I am playing. How...