I purchased a controller in July last year and I bought the protection plan but I just...

Discus and support I purchased a controller in July last year and I bought the protection plan but I just... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a controller in July last year and I bought the protection plan but I just started getting drifting issues they aside Xbox validates... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jacob Robinson1, Jan 31, 2023.

1. I purchased a controller in July last year and I bought the protection plan but I just...

I purchased a controller in July last year and I bought the protection plan but I just started getting drifting issues they aside Xbox validates warranties up to a year

:)

Jacob Robinson1, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Jorge2424 Win User

Does the Elite 2 Controller really only have 90-day warranty?

I thought about the Best Buy protection plan but it was like $40 and only for 2 years. I've had my previous Xbox controller for more than 2 years and it's not even Elite, it's just a regular controller so I though it was not worth it. If it was 5-year
    protection, then it would've made sense to me.
  3. Phantom of End Win User

Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

long time xbox player, always had gold, and I used to love customising xbox controllers. I keep replacing my NEW controllers after a few months. I just don't understand, seems obvious they arn't built to last even 6 months. I baby all my
    stuff putting the controller back in the box after use and here I am 2 months out with the same problems as the last two controllers. Do I start up a 95% working controller buisness? Someone help me from turning my back on the greed of this obvious obselence,
    I just wanna play some xbox 🤷‍♂️
    I've been gaming on xbox for [Mod Removed- Profanity] near fifteen years and I can't even fathom the number of controllers I've destroyed. I now own three xbox elite controllers and two are broken. The 3rd controller I just bought yesterday.

I buy a protection plan every time nowadays. If you know the controller's gonna break or malfunction under your ownership, you should spend the extra cash for a protection plan. You'll save money in the long run. If you get two controllers with a protection
    plan each, you'll always have a backup even when you gotta send one in.
  4. Gerald473 Win User

Xbox series X controller keeps drifting up

My tips for that are:

Buy it with a credit. Fun fact - they mostly all offer a 2 years warranty in their fine print

Buy a purchase protection plan. Target's is $6. After my 2nd controller drifted I got that. Im on controller 6
  5. kingvas78 Win User

UK xb1 day 1 owners,your community needs you

Was there a noted price protection at purchase? No. It was bought last year, and now you want a discount? My god..... (shakes head)
  6. MidnateCity Win User

Elite controller 2

While I can't speak into info on the Elite Controller 2, I can speak about protection plans - specifically Best Buy's Geek Squad Protection that was previously mentioned. If you purchase the controller from them, you will have the option for a 2-Year
    Geek Squad Protection Replacement Plan for an additional $39.99 (about $1.67 per month). If a manufacture defect or normal wear/tear cause something to not work, you can take it back to to Best Buy (you don't have to go through the manufacturer). If the
    problem is not repairable, your product gets replaced or you get store credit if a replacement is not available (out of stock).

I have used several of these plans in the past based on the cost of the product I'm buying, cost of that product, and potential issues of that product. I have had nothing but good experiences when I've had to use the protection plan. Just assess the cost
    of the plan with both replacement cost of the product and your peace of mind. If you find it valuable, go for it.
Thema:

I purchased a controller in July last year and I bought the protection plan but I just...

1. I purchased a controller in July last year and I bought the protection plan but I just... - Similar Threads - purchased controller July

2. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  3. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...
  4. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  5. Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty: Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas. 11520835-9864-4e2f-a5e9-423ad6fdb1a8
  6. Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?: The Elite Series 2 controller allegedly doesn’t come with paddles. But the box says it includes paddles. Is it just faulty product that needs to be returned? Or false advertising that needs to be...
  7. Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge: Hey Microsoft Support team, Hope you're doing awesome! Just got myself the new Xbox Elite Core Controller and the kit with it too, and I'm super excited about it. However, I'm hitting a little...
  8. Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place: Appears the magnets at the bottom and misaligned to where the paddles are meant to fit. Any advice on how to resolve this? 0f2ba1d4-b10a-417d-89df-ece24db083bd
  9. I am wanting to know if i purchase a scuf xbox controller if i will receive a ban?

in XBoX on Windows
    I am wanting to know if i purchase a scuf xbox controller if i will receive a ban?: I am looking to buy a custom controller but I am not sure if it is one that will incur a ban...is there any way I can check? Thanks, 9afa766e-e516-4c87-9806-f579daed3971
  10. i want to purchase mircosoft complete plan xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    i want to purchase mircosoft complete plan xbox Elite Series 2 controller: i tried calling mircosoft support uk the person had me on hold for 16mins 98245fda-c913-4337-a4e9-4a4f519ee947