I previously bought Minecraft over 10 years ago. Microsoft won't let me download it on my...

Discus and support I previously bought Minecraft over 10 years ago. Microsoft won't let me download it on my... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I originally played Minecraft Java edition on a Windows 8? machine and had my own Mojang account. That PC died. For the past 5+ years I have been using... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by errantelf, Feb 13, 2022.

1. errantelf
    errantelf Guest

I previously bought Minecraft over 10 years ago. Microsoft won't let me download it on my...

I originally played Minecraft Java edition on a Windows 8? machine and had my own Mojang account. That PC died. For the past 5+ years I have been using a work-issued Macbook instead and hadn't touched my Mojang (or Microsoft) account. I was finally able to purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 and it won't let me install Minecraft. I thought the problem was that I hadn't migrated my Mojang account so I did so. I did not think to check my Mojang account for any upgrade codes before I migrated it. Migrating did not fix the issue because now Microsoft says I do not own the game. Even though I created a Microsoft & an Xbox account on a laptop I used briefly in 2014 I never downloaded or played Minecraft on that laptop and thus never used or purchased Minecraft for Xbox- I purchased it for and played it on my oooold PC. Am I being forced to buy it again because it's not in an Xbox account? How would I play my old game? I thought I'd just be able to copy my old save folders from the old thumb drive backup I have to the new laptop to finally get back into my old worldmap now that I have a new Windows-based machine but if I cant download the old version of Minecraft how can I restore my old PC version game? I have zero interest in an XBox subscription for a game I already bought and played years ago. If I have to start from scratch I just won't play the game anymore. I was only interested it getting back to the old game I had invested years of world-building in. This is too disappointing.

***Moved from Windows***

:)

errantelf, Feb 13, 2022
  2. XBF John Win User

I previously bought Minecraft over 10 years ago. Microsoft won't let me download it on my new laptop.

Hello,

The best way to verify is to contact Mojang support. If you purchased or redeemed Minecraft Java Edition under a Mojang account, they will have a record of it.

You can submit a request here: Mojang Support

If you have any addition information that can support the purchase such as an emailed receipt, it will help.

Thanks,

3. ZMoon69 Win User

If your subscription is current, try quitting and relaunching the game

I had the same issue. I migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft via minecraft.net. Also, I had uninstalled the Xbox app on my new PC, reinstalled that and signed in using my Microsoft account. That finally let me pass through.

Microsoft- We bought Minecraft years ago, stop making it hard to access.
  4. Netherwood.Paul Win User

Service unavailable when I sign into my account

It wont let me log into the xbox website but my location on the console is UK and it was bought from UK over 6 years ago.
  5. BrendaHylton Win User

Windows Store download problem / xbox game pass download problem

My Xbox storage not letting me up date Microsoft for Windows 10 and my Xbox wire don't let me do anything on my Xbox can't sing into my Microsoft account because of it won't let me update Windows 10 will not let me download window keep saying that Xbox
    storage don't support download
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Minecraft windows 10 Edition Product key stolen?

"I have bought minecraft pc edition maybe 10 years ago"

Did you redeem the code 10 years ago? If so when a code is redeemed the license for that game is put onto that account.

So you would need to sign into that account that you inserted that code into 10 years ago in order to be able to redownload your game to your new computer.

This is what the other posts have been trying to tell you.

Are you signed into the computer with the account that you bought it with?

this year i bought a new laptop and decided i wanted to play again

so i went to mojang and microsoft to check my gift code for win10

but it said the code wad already being used...

i contacted microsoft and the told me that they couldnt help about anything

what the **** is this microsoft?

you guys lost my key and now its only my loss?

why cant you delete the account of the person who is using mine?
Thema:

1. I previously bought Minecraft over 10 years ago. Microsoft won't let me download it on my... - Similar Threads - previously bought Minecraft

2. How do I get a previous Physically bought game back on my new-gen Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get a previous Physically bought game back on my new-gen Xbox series S: I had an Xbox one S Three years ago, but it stopped working. I only had one Xbox game disk "Minecraft: Xbox One edition, it was stuck in the Console on the time the console stopped working. I got...
  3. My Xbox series S is telling me I need to rebuy Elden ring even though I previously bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series S is telling me I need to rebuy Elden ring even though I previously bought...: I have just started up my new console and when going to download my old games I noticed Elden ring was not there so I checked the store and it says I need to repurchase it even though I thought it...
  4. I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous...: I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous owner . I've tried the support website it just loads. Please help 5a1de90e-6ced-42d6-8694-2ce7ff0ec910
  5. Hi, bought rdr2 on my previous Xbox console, but same account. When I try to redownload to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, bought rdr2 on my previous Xbox console, but same account. When I try to redownload to...: Also, I've looked at prior posts asking this same question and no one from Microsoft appears to be able to answer, just a bunch of folks who are trying to fumble through with general try this, try...
  6. Xbox One->Xbox One X: Previous Purchased or Owned Content Needing to be Bought Again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One->Xbox One X: Previous Purchased or Owned Content Needing to be Bought Again: So I had this scenario a while back when I first got my Xbox One X. I was starting things up and I was given the option to download all the games I had on the old Xbox One that stayed with my...
  7. Previous Bought Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Bought Games: I bought games with my XBOX 360. I just purchased a new XBOX 1X. Should the games I bought previously show up in my account? f85279f9-2d7a-4cb2-b1ee-f2b98fa19c92
  8. [I bought the game GoW 4, receiving the codes of the previous games and accidentally deleted]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    [I bought the game GoW 4, receiving the codes of the previous games and accidentally deleted]: comprei o jogo Gears of War 4 em midia digital, recebi os codigos dos jogos anteriores e sem querer apaguei a mensagem, tem alguma forma de resgatar esses codigos ? grato. [Translation] I bought...
  9. I bought gears of war 4 and have not received my previous gears of war games

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I bought gears of war 4 and have not received my previous gears of war games: Is there something I have to do in order to get these? 00421878-0d6e-42b5-b013-44bac506375c
  10. bought gears of war 4: Ultimate Edition, that includes All of the previous xbox 360 games and ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    bought gears of war 4: Ultimate Edition, that includes All of the previous xbox 360 games and ...: bought gears of war 4: Ultimate Edition, that includes All of the previous xbox 360 games and gears of war 4 and season pass. I got all the games besides Gears of War 2 and I looked on the game...