I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment ...

Discus and support I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so i wanted to get Splinter Cell Conviction from Games with gold so i went too the Xbox.com page and navigated to the games with gold tab. After i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MRHIPPO7, Jul 25, 2018.

1. MRHIPPO7
    MRHIPPO7 Guest

I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment ...

Hi, so i wanted to get Splinter Cell Conviction from Games with gold so i went too the Xbox.com page and navigated to the games with gold tab. After i found the game i chose to download it so i was redirected to the marketplace. I pressed download to 360
    but when i was gonna confirm it said i had no valid payment option on file so i pressed "Change Payment Options" which led me to a "Billing Contact Information" site. The country it was set on was UK, i live in Sweden. This means that the information i put
    in wasn't valid in the UK because they we're Swedish.

By the way i don't know if this is relevant but i already have payment options set up in my Microsoft account which means that buying Xbox One games works perfectly fine.

Please help, thank you.

I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment ... :)

:)

MRHIPPO7, Jul 25, 2018
  2. GucciGlo1017
    GucciGlo1017 Guest
    Help with payment

So I have a paypal account AND a debit card connected to my xbox live account, yet when I try to purchase something through the website it says that there are no valid payment methods and asks me to add one. So instead when I try to purchase it on the xbox
    360 rather than on the website, I have no payment methods set up on there (I'm not sure if there is supposed to be the payment methods I have added on the website or I have to re-add them because it's on console). But when I go to add the billing information
    the only states I get to choose from are American and there's no option to change my region/country. I've checked and my xbox region is in Australia like it should be, and when I check the region on the website it is also Australia.

So basically I can't add billing info on console because the region is wrong and I can't change it, and I can't purchase through the website because it says I have no valid payment methods even though I have a paypal account and debit card linked.

GucciGlo1017, Jul 25, 2018
  3. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Can't purchase free game with gold

Hi there,

be sure to check if you have a valid payment option set up on your account for the region your console is connected to (it is advised that this is the country you are located in)

For Xbox 360 content it is required that a valid payment option is present, even for free content if the purchase is made on a different device then the Xbox 360. The payment option won't be charged btw.

Please check or add a payment option via
    http://account.microsoft.com
    and try to make the purchase for the free game again on either console or xbox.com

Let us know the results

4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Jul 25, 2018
  5. MRHIPPO7
    MRHIPPO7 Guest
    MRHIPPO7, Jul 25, 2018
  6. MRHIPPO7
    MRHIPPO7 Guest
    Oh and btw is it the Xbox 360 i'm supposed to change country in? Because iv'e already changed it on my Xbox One! (I dont have an Xbox 360)

MRHIPPO7, Jul 25, 2018
  7. Kan Di Don
    Kan Di Don Guest
    Change it in your microsoft account. Should be all good then.

Kan Di Don, Jul 26, 2018
  8. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest

Xbox one marketplace uses your xbox one region, which is changable on the console.

Xbox 360 marketplace (also for original xbox games) uses the website region for your payment options. Purchases on the website also use this region setting. This can be done here: Sign in to your Microsoft account
    Please read the warnings first as this can only be done once every 3 months. After you migrate your account back to Sweden, you should be able to add your Swedish payment method/address without any trouble here:
    Sign in to your Microsoft account

ChiefJoboo, Jul 26, 2018
  9. MRHIPPO7
    MRHIPPO7 Guest
    Thank you so much! It works now! I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment ... :D

MRHIPPO7, Nov 2, 2018
  10. MRHIPPO7 Win User

I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment option.

Xbox one marketplace uses your xbox one region, which is changable on the console.

Xbox 360 marketplace (also for original xbox games) uses the website region for your payment options. Purchases on the website also use this region setting. This can be done here: https://live.xbox.com/accountmigration
    Please read the warnings first as this can only be done once every 3 months. After you migrate your account back to Sweden, you should be able to add your Swedish payment method/address without any trouble here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    Thank you so much! It works now! :D
  11. MRHIPPO7 Win User

I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment option.

To change your account's region:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/update-microsoft-account-country-region

I saw that page but was thrown off by this:

"Important If you’re trying to use these steps to resolve any backward compatibility account region errors, changing your account region will not resolve these issues. These steps are only for when you’re moving and need to change your country/region."
    Oh and btw is it the Xbox 360 i'm supposed to change country in? Because iv'e already changed it on my Xbox One! (I dont have an Xbox 360)
  12. MRHIPPO7 Win User

13. Kan Di Don Win User

Change it in your microsoft account. Should be all good then.
  14. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox 360 marketplace (also for original xbox games) uses the website region for your payment options. Purchases on the website also use this region setting. This can be done here: https://live.xbox.com/accountmigration
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
Thema:

1. I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment ... - Similar Threads - picked wrong Region

2. Xbox Console not picking up Controller Movement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console not picking up Controller Movement: Controller is able to turn on and off the console. But unable to move anything in Xbox Home screen. Only able to play disc games as Xbox loads directly into game. I have tried numerous times to...
  3. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly: The Xbox app is able to pick up my mic and I can see it in the device properties settings in the Xbox game bar, but in a party I cant talk despite the mic being picked up. I can hear people in the...
  5. If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...: He used spaces to call me a porch monkey and n word how do i report this? Gt [mod removed] 9d82a3e2-2ba1-4e64-9bf2-638420a5312d
  6. Mic not being picked up with discord server

in XboX Insiders
    Mic not being picked up with discord server: I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Xbox. The issue is that when I connect my regular gaming headset to discord the mic stops working and no one can hear me. The headset works if I am in...
  7. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  8. Windows 11 is not picking up input from xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 is not picking up input from xbox one controller: I connected my headphones to the audio jack on the xbox one controller, and I'm able to hear everything, but my input isn't being picked up anywhere. Sometimes I hear a high pitched ringing when I...
  9. mobil app and group calls, wrong mic picks up the sound :/

in XboX Insiders
    mobil app and group calls, wrong mic picks up the sound :/: If this is the wrong place to ask for help this post can be deleted :3 im a pc gamer, i dont have an xbox x3 But i have a few friends that do and use it as there main platform for gaming. I...
  10. Wrong version of minecraft purchased despite picking the correct one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong version of minecraft purchased despite picking the correct one: I wanted the normal version of Minecraft Java and bedrock edition for PC but when I purchased it said it costed more than was listed. When I checked my billing history it showed I bought the...