i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt...

Discus and support i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i paid for mu gamertag to change and it said i "purchased placeholder" how do i access the name i paid for. e1e3eee9-2288-402a-bf58-c2ceb5bf1d50 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by �� ♁ ������ ������ ♁ ��, Feb 21, 2023.

1. i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt...

i paid for mu gamertag to change and it said i "purchased placeholder" how do i access the name i paid for.

:)

�� ♁ ������ ������ ♁ ��, Feb 21, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt change my name. how do i access the name i paid for

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Where exactly did you change your gamertag?

Please confirm from your order history on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ if your gamertag change payment is completed. If so, try to re-claim your new gamertag on https://social.xbox.com/ChangeGamerTag. You don't have to pay for it again. If it asked you to pay again, please let me know.
  3. ngocphi Win User

i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt change my name. how do i access the name i paid for

Well you dont

You don't buy place holder names

If it's available it's available

If it's not you get a hashtag at the end unless you tried to use a xbox 360 when it would've just rejected it if used

Whatever funny site you used ask them
  4. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Gamertag Changing

[quote user="Conv3rs3Swagg69"]

it just wouldnt let me change it at all.tried to get the free change cause i never got it and it just wouldnt let

[/quote]Refer to bowski's post. It only applies to accounts which are given placeholder gamertags. You created yours as "Conv3rs3Swagg69" which isn't a placeholder name.
  5. xlOksjfAddWs Win User

Problems about my gamertag.

Are you sure you didnt change it because

is not a randomly generated name.

Randomly generated names are a variation of an Adjective+Animal+Number for example HappyFawn123.

isnt a gamertag that would have been randomly given but chosen
    Well, i didnt choose it. I wish i could change it because i just bought this xbox and i dont want to pay extra for changing my name
  6. xlOksjfAddWs Win User

Problems about my gamertag.

Are you sure you didnt change it because

is not a randomly generated name.

Randomly generated names are a variation of an Adjective+Animal+Number for example HappyFawn123.

isnt a gamertag that would have been randomly given but chosen
    Well, i didnt choose it. I wish i could change it because i just bought this xbox and i dont want to pay extra for changing my name
Thema:

i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt...

1. i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt... - Similar Threads - paid gamertag change

2. My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?: Hi; question is in the title. I had my username but I really didn't like it. So I changed it for $9.99 and thought everything was good. But when I looked to see if it changed, I saw that it...
  3. I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and I paid for it but the change is not reflected, it is still what...: I changed my gamertag and paid for it (money has been taken etc) but the change is not reflected- it's still what it was before. 3f37bd1d-e022-4591-9ca3-d241b1a9d888
  4. I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt: On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you request a name change it has not been...
  5. My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag changed back after I paid for it to be changed?: I paid the (ridiculous) $10 fee to change my gamertag and it updated briefly, however upon restarting my Xbox hours later it has changed back to my old one and the new one I chose is appearing as...
  6. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  7. I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for my Gamertag change and it still hasn't changed: I have been waiting for more than 24 hours for my Gamertag to be changed in the games and still nothing, I need urgent help, I don't want to lose my money. If anyone knows anything please tell...
  8. I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change, and it changed, except it didn’t. Please, what else can I do?: Hello, I recently paid to change my gamertag, and after some time it has only partially taken effect. The new gamertag correctly appears: In most games Everywhere on xbox.com, and other...
  9. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated: Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43
  10. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...