I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account...

Discus and support I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult (it wouldn't let me order it as my child), but my child who has a separate account can't access the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by R Stj, Dec 26, 2022.

1. R Stj
    R Stj Guest

I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account...

I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult (it wouldn't let me order it as my child), but my child who has a separate account can't access the game pass - is there a way to transfer the subscription to her

:)

R Stj, Dec 26, 2022
  2. Peter van Rijswijk Win User

Not a question, just venting - My kids keep spending my money so I had to cancel my auto renewal and remove all forms of payment.

A child account should not need a separate gold membership as long as its associated with an adult "GOLD" account period !!! As long as only one profile can be used at a time if the adult logs in the child is signed out
  3. maxen Win User

no credit card

Can you try the steps here to promote your child account to an adult one?

support.xbox.com/.../promote-child-account

Note that "Steps 6 to 9 apply only to accounts that are currently billed to a credit or debit card. If your account has a pre-paid subscription, go to step 10."

Steps 6 to 9 are about adding credit cards - only necessary if the current Gold subscription is paid for by credit/debit card.

Let us know how you get on.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Change adult account to child

Hi Dave,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are wanting to change adult account to a child account. Unfortunately, this is not possible as the birth date set on Xbox.com is set and is unable to be changed. We recommend

creating a separate child account. You can then set the adult account as
    home console
    then the child account can share any subscription like gold or game pass. Also share any games you own.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

Moving from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and Family Sharing

As the family sharing option on the Xbox one is a little bit different to the option on the 360 it is definitely recommended the way you describe it. Set up the adult account and get it a gold subscription. Then set up the child account(s) and add them
    to the family and all the family associated accounts are able to use the gold subscription as well as all the digital purchases of the parent/adult account. And of course you can also add another parent/adult account, too.

Only getting a gold subscription for the child account only works for the specific child account and will not be valid for the adult or other family associated accounts.
  6. Smwutches Win User

I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account can't access the game pass - is there a way to transfer the subscription

Thema:

1. I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account... - Similar Threads - paid gold subscription

2. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  3. Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...: I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online games that they are already paying for but the...
  4. i’m signed in and i just paid my xbox live gold and im trying to load onto R6 and it keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i’m signed in and i just paid my xbox live gold and im trying to load onto R6 and it keeps...: i’m signed in and i just paid my xbox live gold and im trying to load onto R6 and it keeps saying ‘sign in or renew the subscription’ how do i stop this from popping up...
  5. xbox gold for one year paid to update to xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox gold for one year paid to update to xbox game pass ultimate: how to update my already paid one year Xbox gold to ultimate will i pay extra or just lost my one year gold that is already paid? 150b9757-e9e2-4469-9706-de24d8022ecd
  6. I already paid for Xbox gold why isn’t it letting me join friends and play

in XBoX on Consoles
    I already paid for Xbox gold why isn’t it letting me join friends and play: Help I can’t play online but paid my money 4152bc7f-51cf-4083-8881-f383d6ca9ef1
  7. My Dad paid for the Xbox live Gold then 1 week later it says help us secure this account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Dad paid for the Xbox live Gold then 1 week later it says help us secure this account: I don't have the email anymore and I also don't know the information for the account I only know the first name and last name and the 1 email address and gamertag and Xbox live id...
  8. Accidently paid for Xbox Live Gold, rather than PC. How do I change this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accidently paid for Xbox Live Gold, rather than PC. How do I change this?: Accidently paid for Xbox Live Gold, rather than PC. How do I change this? 5d270feb-95be-4c99-ba63-ab3d736f5edf
  9. Xbox live gold and games I paid for

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold and games I paid for: Hi I'm looking forward to buying rainbow six siege on my Xbox and my question is if I purchase the game will I be able to play it without gold because I paid or no?...
  10. xbox live gold pagado y no se puede usar [Mod Translation - xbox live gold paid and cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live gold pagado y no se puede usar [Mod Translation - xbox live gold paid and cannot...: pague el numero de pedido [Mod Removed - PII] para una cuenta xbox live y aun no se activa, no me han reembolsado , me cobraron 2 veces y solo anularon 1 pago, favor necesito una solución [Mod...