I paid for a name change but my name wasn't changed

Discus and support I paid for a name change but my name wasn't changed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So about 2 (or so) weeks ago, I wanted to change my name to TTV and I was on the payment screen in which it charged me, but my name never changed. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Prime Mr67, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Prime Mr67
    Prime Mr67 Guest

So about 2 (or so) weeks ago, I wanted to change my name to TTV and I was on the payment screen in which it charged me, but my name never changed. I contacted Xbox support and they said my name will be synced to my account within 1 week. Well, it's been over a week, and I haven't seen anything. I know the name limit is 12 characters, but I guess Xbox support didn't seem to mind and intended to change my name anyway. (Which I was quite surprised about) At this point, it should have already been changed. My name is already , but I need it changed to TTV since I have not only paid for it, but also because I need my teammates and enemies to know that I'm streaming so they don't start bothering me. (An occasional viewer might be nice) So if I could get a name change within 24 hours of this post, that would be great.

:)

Prime Mr67, Feb 28, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Prime!

Sorry to hear about the issue. The new gamertag system only allows us to change our gamertag in 12 characters only. It’s odd that it didn’t warn you when you attempt to change it to that gamertag.

Please check your order history here https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ if your payment for gamertag change was successful or completed. If so, try to re-claim your gamertag through https://social.xbox.com/ChangeGamerTag if it allows you without paying again.

Learn more about Gamertag FAQ here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/p...
  3. Cpt VANOSS Win User

change my gamertag

Hey i wanted to change my gamertag name and every time i change it to the one i want it says the name change wasn't made. i need help
  4. Rostom L Win User

i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt change my name. how do i access the name i paid for

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Where exactly did you change your gamertag?

Please confirm from your order history on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ if your gamertag change payment is completed. If so, try to re-claim your new gamertag on https://social.xbox.com/ChangeGamerTag. You don't have to pay for it again. If it asked you to pay again, please let me know.
  5. ngocphi Win User

i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt change my name. how do i access the name i paid for

Well you dont

You don't buy place holder names

If it's available it's available

If it's not you get a hashtag at the end unless you tried to use a xbox 360 when it would've just rejected it if used

Whatever funny site you used ask them
  6. Smwutches Win User

changing my name

No. You can have a million people file a complaint on your name, but unless it violates the code of conduct, they won't make you change it.
Thema:

1. I paid for a name change but my name wasn't changed - Similar Threads - paid name change

2. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  3. Refund, NOT RETURN, JUST REFUND, AS IN GIVE ME BACK THE MONEY I PAID FOR A CONTROLLER THAT...

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund, NOT RETURN, JUST REFUND, AS IN GIVE ME BACK THE MONEY I PAID FOR A CONTROLLER THAT...: I bought a controller from you people and it got lost in transit, know what that means? It means I never GOT IT so STOP asking me to return it because that's IMPOSSIBLE to do when it NEVER got to...
  4. The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...

in XboX Insiders
    The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...: I used the 14-day Game Pass trial several times, but I never paid for a full month for financial reasons. I understand that if you do not pay for the full month, the 14-day trial does not...
  5. Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?: I mean unless I want to play online or update my games I should be able to play them still if someone decides not to pay the Internet bill! With this new way to buy games I've got to pay monthly...
  6. i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt...: i paid for mu gamertag to change and it said i "purchased placeholder" how do i access the name i paid for. e1e3eee9-2288-402a-bf58-c2ceb5bf1d50
  7. I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also...: I changed my gamer tag in Xbox and paid as well as in epic. The old tag still shows up in fortnight. What do I do? cc0b4e68-a4a9-4df9-9b0f-f0414fddb3de
  8. I have paid to change my username but my name hasn’t updated but I have been charged

in XBoX on Windows
    I have paid to change my username but my name hasn’t updated but I have been charged: Hi guys, last night I paid for my username to be changed from FREETHIE to freethie in lowercases it took me to the billing page and then an error happened saying “Sorry, something went wrong. Try...
  9. Paid the gold member on wrong user name -

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid the gold member on wrong user name -: I bought the XBox Gold Member for one year to my XBox account. After that I noticed, that it was the wrong account, cause I want to buy the membership for my child. Is it possible to transfer the...
  10. I have paid to change my gamer tag on my Xbox one and then have noticed that the name ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have paid to change my gamer tag on my Xbox one and then have noticed that the name ...: I have paid to change my gamer tag on my Xbox one and then have noticed that the name isn't correct 1556aa0b-8af1-4039-84eb-954003f14632