I paid for a game and now it says I still have to buy it and did not give me a refund

Discus and support I paid for a game and now it says I still have to buy it and did not give me a refund in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I pre ordered 2k19 20th anniversary edition on my Xbox one and now I can not play it because it says I need to purchase it. but I had purchased it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by alwayswatching, Sep 7, 2018.

1. I paid for a game and now it says I still have to buy it and did not give me a refund

So I pre ordered 2k19 20th anniversary edition on my Xbox one and now I can not play it because it says I need to purchase it. but I had purchased it already on my account. So I also went to Microsoft and they are not trying to refund me or cancel the
    purchase. So if u got any tips or answers please help.because I just wasted over 100 dollars and I want it back.

:)

alwayswatching, Sep 7, 2018
  2. I did not receive my purchase.

I paid for the ripper on COD ghosts and I got charged but says i have to buy it still they took my money but did not give me what I paid for please help me

Chouha-5E828257-E7F9-4BD1-BF36-1B8CFB9008DA, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Devo109
    Devo109 Guest
    I bought a game and it says i did not

So i went to buy Elder Scrolls Online because it was free to play weekend and it was on sale, But when i purchased it it still said to buy a copy. I already had it downloaded because it was a free to play weekend so not sure if it glitched it.

Devo109, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest

I paid for a game and now it says I still have to buy it and did not give me a refund

Tormaz, Sep 7, 2018
  5. EddieDaddy85
    EddieDaddy85 Guest
    Hi!

Make sure that you purchased the game under your account and not somebody else's account.

If you log in to your Microsoft account
    (https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders)
    , you should see all the previously purchased items.

If 2k19 20th anniversary edition appears on the list, then your purchase was successful and you should be able to download and play the game.

If you can't find the game on that list, you should contact

Microsoft support
    in order to resolve the issue.

Cheers!

EddieDaddy85, Sep 10, 2018
  6. To add to what previous posters have said keep this in mind.

When you pre order a game and you use a debit/credit card that payment option is not charged till approximately 10 days prior to the game being released. For example:

You preordered the game say in June your card would not be charged till around September 1st if you did not budget for the money to be taken off the card at that time and the charge failed MS will attempt
    to charge the card 3 more times before they cancel the order.

If this is the case then you would not be due a refund because MS did not get paid for your order.

You may want to go to the website posted in previous post and look to make sure that the order was cancelled and if you look at your bank account and see a charge for around the time you preordered the
    game you may want to match that charge up with what is showing in your order history to see what exactly the charge was for.

As a future reference the Only payment option that will take the money immediately is if your use a xbox gift card that will put the money on your MS account and take the money immediately when you place
    the preorder.

steeledwand7664, Sep 10, 2018
  7. MDL Gamers
    MDL Gamers Guest
    @XboxSupport Hey, So today my friend bought me NBA 2k19 as a gift on the Xbox store but for a weird reason it
    says: Code can only be redeemed in the same region but the thing is that we're both in Detroit Michigan. I'd like to get some support and get the game

MDL Gamers, Sep 11, 2018
  8. Spazpol
    Spazpol Guest

Is one of your region stores looking at something other than en-US? Is he trying to redeem the code on the web, or from the console directly?

Spazpol, Sep 11, 2018
  9. Saeleth
    Saeleth Guest
    Hi there!

Right now NBA 2k19 is on pre-purchase, so it isnt available to download. You can confirm that the purchase went thru on your purchase history on your account. For additional assistance I would recommend speaking to MS Customer Support, they should be able
    to assist

Saeleth, Nov 2, 2018
  10. steeledwand7664 Win User

To add to what previous posters have said keep this in mind.

When you pre order a game and you use a debit/credit card that payment option is not charged till approximately 10 days prior to the game being released. For example:

You preordered the game say in June your card would not be charged till around September 1st if you did not budget for the money to be taken off the card at that time and the charge failed MS will attempt
    to charge the card 3 more times before they cancel the order.

If this is the case then you would not be due a refund because MS did not get paid for your order.

You may want to go to the website posted in previous post and look to make sure that the order was cancelled and if you look at your bank account and see a charge for around the time you preordered the
    game you may want to match that charge up with what is showing in your order history to see what exactly the charge was for.

As a future reference the Only payment option that will take the money immediately is if your use a xbox gift card that will put the money on your MS account and take the money immediately when you place
    the preorder.
  11. EddieDaddy85 Win User

Hi!

Make sure that you purchased the game under your account and not somebody else's account.

If you log in to your Microsoft account
    (https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders)
    , you should see all the previously purchased items.

If 2k19 20th anniversary edition appears on the list, then your purchase was successful and you should be able to download and play the game.

If you can't find the game on that list, you should contact

Microsoft support
    in order to resolve the issue.

Cheers!
  12. Spazpol Win User

Is one of your region stores looking at something other than en-US? Is he trying to redeem the code on the web, or from the console directly?
  13. MDL Gamers Win User

@XboxSupport Hey, So today my friend bought me NBA 2k19 as a gift on the Xbox store but for a weird reason it
    says: Code can only be redeemed in the same region but the thing is that we're both in Detroit Michigan. I'd like to get some support and get the game
  14. Saeleth Win User

Hi there!

Right now NBA 2k19 is on pre-purchase, so it isnt available to download. You can confirm that the purchase went thru on your purchase history on your account. For additional assistance I would recommend speaking to MS Customer Support, they should be able
    to assist 😀
Thema:

1. I paid for a game and now it says I still have to buy it and did not give me a refund - Similar Threads - paid game says

2. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  3. The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...

in XboX Insiders
    The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...: I used the 14-day Game Pass trial several times, but I never paid for a full month for financial reasons. I understand that if you do not pay for the full month, the 14-day trial does not...
  4. Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?: I mean unless I want to play online or update my games I should be able to play them still if someone decides not to pay the Internet bill! With this new way to buy games I've got to pay monthly...
  5. I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...: My Xbox username is Cloudzdamian b64cefe0-8379-4593-a075-a07f3c54ee60
  6. I paid for in game currency on a gift card and it hasnt come through

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for in game currency on a gift card and it hasnt come through: it was on the finals i paid for 1,150 and 500 then brought a season starter pack and it didnt go through 14fabd13-7039-420e-9d85-9f4efc1ecb16
  7. How can i reinstall a game I paid for.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i reinstall a game I paid for.: I have a problem, i accidentally uninstalled a game Dying Light that a paid money for, i looked into my library and i couldn't find the game. I though all games that i paid for should be in my...
  8. My Cloud gaming wait time is over 90 min, I paid for game pass for this to be convenient,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Cloud gaming wait time is over 90 min, I paid for game pass for this to be convenient,...: I'm trying to play a cloud gaming game but my wait time is going to be 90 minutes and I've waited through a full 90 minutes and all it said is it's taking longer than we expected and it went...
  9. I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but...: I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but EE says it's gone through at there end any body know how to resolve this please...
  10. I paid for game pass but it said it didnt work now it says i paid for it twice and its not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for game pass but it said it didnt work now it says i paid for it twice and its not...: I recently paid for game pass but it said i put in the wrong information even thought it was right so when i checked my Billing account it says i paid for it twice its not even in my account now...