I own the Vanguard Disc, when I try to play, it tells me I must own the game, I own the disc!!!

Discus and support I own the Vanguard Disc, when I try to play, it tells me I must own the game, I own the disc!!! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own the disc, the Vanguard disc, when I want to play, it tells me I have to buy the game! This is the second time this has happened, please help or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fancypaper1, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Fancypaper1
    Fancypaper1 Guest

I own the Vanguard Disc, when I try to play, it tells me I must own the game, I own the disc!!!

I own the disc, the Vanguard disc, when I want to play, it tells me I have to buy the game! This is the second time this has happened, please

help or call me [mod removed]

:)

Fancypaper1, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Fancypaper1 Win User

I followed your instructions, it listed Vanguard and 5 add-ons installed, but when I click on the Vanguard Emblem to play

it takes me right back to home, then says I have to purchase the game to play, is un-installing everything a choice?
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

In your games list, focus on the Call Of Duty Vanguard game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons, from there please click the game icon and click "Install All". It will install all the packs that we have missed in that way we can finally play the game without asking to re-purchase it.
  4. Francia J. Win User

That will be the next step to uninstall and reinstall the game. Make sure to manually check all add-ons to ensure that they are all installed.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Playing with no Disc if I owned

Hi there Jogaru,

Thanks for reaching out! Whether a game is purchased on disc or download it from the Microsoft Store, you need to install it on your console’s hard drive before you can play it.

Unfortunately, you will need to use the disc for any disc games after the installation is completed. The game license is physically on the disc. For more information, check out the

Frequently asked question for Installing games from Disc
    . If the disc is not inserted you may receive

Error 0x803F8001 occurs when you launch an Xbox One game
    , Do you own this game or app? or

If you have a game disc, insert it now.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Playing with no Disc if I owned

It's to help prevent piracy. It's to verify that you actually own or have possession of the disc. Otherwise, anyone could just borrow disc, install it, and get the game without buying it. Otherwise, you would need to purchase the games digitally in order
    to not have to worry about a disc.
Thema:

1. I own the Vanguard Disc, when I try to play, it tells me I must own the game, I own the disc!!! - Similar Threads - own Vanguard Disc

2. Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...: My friends Xbox live ran out so I want to game share with her so she can play online what I’m wondering is can we both play the same game at the same time I’ve came across this before but it was...
  3. xbox rewards is not giving me my additional 250 point weekly console bonus for owning game...

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox rewards is not giving me my additional 250 point weekly console bonus for owning game...: xbox rewards is not giving me my additional 250 point weekly console bonus for owning game pass ultimate. It is giving me the 250 that everyone gets but not the additional 250 for owning game pass...
  4. I don't own the game anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't own the game anymore?: I reset my Xbox one because it wouldn't let me sign in and only give me a white screen. But now that it's fixed it won't let me play assassin's creed unity or black flag or really any of my games...
  5. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  6. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  7. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  8. When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...: Me and friend trying to play local coop but be in party with friends not on same xbox. Xbox auto kills the ability for me and my friend to hear each other on the assumption we don't no how to...
  9. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  10. Why doesn't warzone show that I own vanguard now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't warzone show that I own vanguard now?: I bought a vanguard disc from Walmart game plays fine but when I go to warzone the home screen says purchase 6400c658-7880-4b12-b8ca-7fda75719416