I no longer have access to the email account which my son created his Xbox Minecraft...

Discus and support I no longer have access to the email account which my son created his Xbox Minecraft... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My eldest son is an active user of Minecraft on his Xbox. His Xbox has 2 profiles, one which he has his Minecraft account on, but I can't manage due to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lauren MTC, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Lauren MTC
    Lauren MTC Guest

I no longer have access to the email account which my son created his Xbox Minecraft...

My eldest son is an active user of Minecraft on his Xbox. His Xbox has 2 profiles, one which he has his Minecraft account on, but I can't manage due to no access to the email account (divorce) and a second profile linked to my email address.

I want to change the email address on his Minecraft account so that I can sign him in on the profile linked to my email (or a new profile, see extra info below) and delete the profile I can't manage. How do I change the email attached to that account if I can't access it?

*The added complication is that his brother currently has a Minecraft account linked to my Microsoft Account/Xbox profile, but played on an Android device. There is no email attached to his profile, how do I attach an email to it.

:)

Lauren MTC, Nov 15, 2022
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

I no longer have access to the email account which my son created his Xbox Minecraft account under.

I don't know why the Microsoft agent is having such difficulty in offering up the most simple of answers.

No. Unfortunately, nothing can be transferred between accounts. Purchases and game progress are forever tied to the Microsoft account.

Apologies for the agent having wasted your time.
  3. Geri M. Win User

I no longer have access to the email account which my son created his Xbox Minecraft account under.

Hello Lauren MTC,

I apologize for the confusion Lauren, to give you some insight, Microsoft accounts offer a single sign-in to other Microsoft services, including Outlook.com, OneDrive, Skype and Xbox. To avoid any privacy or security breach to your data, changes to Microsoft accounts are all automatically handled and validated. We will not be able to manually make any changes to the account, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect the account from any possible malicious activity.

To answer your question about your X-husband's account, it will be affected if you change the password after successfully completing the ACSR form. What we can suggest here now, if possible, to coordinate the account holder (X-husband) about the concerns of your son.

Also, we found some helpful articles that might solve your problem. Kindly check on these links.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We are looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello Lauren MTC,

Thank you for the latest update.

What we are going to do now is to recover the account of your husband. To do this we must work together to get back access on it.

First, we would suggest you fill up the ACSR form and make sure you provide an alternate email address when you fill up the ACSR form so that the team can communicate with you

The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. Answer as many questions as you can as thoroughly as possible. If you’re not sure, guessing is ok - wrong answers don’t count against you.

When you enter email address, keep in mind that some domains may be country specific such as @outlook.co.uk.

Since you have mentioned that you have no access on your husband's account, the details on file may not match your current situation, so think about what you may have entered when you first signed up. Is it possible that you moved or changed your name? Think about passwords that you use on other accounts that you may have used here. This is another place where a good guess can pay off.

When you get to a question that lets you “add more," fill in as much information as you are able.

Email subject lines need to be exact.

We highly recommend you visit these articles:

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Let us know once you've done.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Lauren MTC Win User

Hi Geri,

Before I complete the ACSR form I need to confirm this will not affect my ex-husband's access to his Microsoft Account, that the changes will only be relevant to the Xbox platform (which he does not use)?

I am concerned if I try account recovery it will negatively impact his ability to access his account, as he still uses it for his email etc.

Thank you.
  6. Lauren MTC Win User

Hi Geri,

Further to my last message, I have been able to find the order number of my last Minecraft purchase on the account, which was MInecraft Store Item 6:Minecraft, Order Number xxxxxxxxxx. The order date was 08/07/2022 for $9.05.

To confirm I would like to move my sons player profile off my ex-husband's Microsoft Account, onto a new account.

Thank you,

Lauren

*** EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post.
Thema:

1. I no longer have access to the email account which my son created his Xbox Minecraft... - Similar Threads - longer access email

2. verify account email no longer accessible

in XBoX Accessibility
    verify account email no longer accessible: verify account email no longer accessible to access XBOX account after password failure. In addition the account recovery form failed even though recent bank details supporting transactions were...
  3. My son has not accessed by account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has not accessed by account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or...: My son has not accessed his account in over 4 years. He no longer has the same email or phone number. Is there a way he can gain access to his account? Have tried Microsoft recovery, ,but can't be...
  4. My Microsoft account W’s hacked and the email was changed so that I can no longer access...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account W’s hacked and the email was changed so that I can no longer access...: My account got hacked and the associated email to that account has been changed so that I can’t recover it. I was wondering if there was any way to recover my account through Microsoft sports...
  5. Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...: I have a vintage game or two that's no longer in circulation and I'd like to add it to my current profile of humanly possible. a1fa0665-ca0b-4510-b56c-64514c1d5e4c
  6. I just recently purchased a $75 gift card off of Xbox and I no longer have access to the email

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just recently purchased a $75 gift card off of Xbox and I no longer have access to the email: OK so I just recently place to purchase for a $75 gift code for Xbox and unfortunately I don’t have access to the email anymore. How do I get the receipt so that way I can get a confirmation code...
  7. I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the...: I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the old email 761fe2f8-e160-4fc6-811f-536c2604635c
  8. I can no longer access my microsoft account with my current email, am I able to transfer it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can no longer access my microsoft account with my current email, am I able to transfer it...: I can no longer access my microsoft account with my current email, am I able to transfer it to a different email so I dont lose all of my xbox information dcd1b5a5-01ec-4531-8820-cdffb80e2737
  9. I need to change Xbox email I no longer have access to

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change Xbox email I no longer have access to: My step mother put her account on my Xbox, and we no longer have contact with her, I'm looking to put my email on the account, my email has everything connected on the account is to this email...
  10. Recovery old gamertag, no longer have access to email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovery old gamertag, no longer have access to email address: Recovery old gamer tag, no longer have access to email address. I had this gamer tag for over 15 years now. I want to be able to recover it because of the memories and Gamerscore associated with...