I never set up a Microsoft family, but my Xbox account won't let me change my privacy...

Discus and support I never set up a Microsoft family, but my Xbox account won't let me change my privacy... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I tried joining a realm on Minecraft, but every time I do, I am told my account is setup in a way where I can't join realms due to my privacy settings.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Joe hobo1, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Joe hobo1
    Joe hobo1 Guest

I never set up a Microsoft family, but my Xbox account won't let me change my privacy...

I tried joining a realm on Minecraft, but every time I do, I am told my account is setup in a way where I can't join realms due to my privacy settings. When I attempt to get help fixing this, it tells me I cannot change any privacy setting because I am part of a Microsoft family. This is a new account and I never made or joined a Microsoft family. Every time I open the Microsoft family website, I appear as the only person in the family with no way for me to change my settings. I click on my name, and nothing happens. How do I fix this?

:)

Joe hobo1, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Ross Villegas Win User

Xbox account privacy settings

For some reason i cannot change my privacy settings on my main account. I have checked my family settings and it says i am not part of a family to my knowledge.

But also whenever i click on my privacy settings for my xbox it takes me to this page instead: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

I am never able to change my settings PLEASE HELP
  3. Devlin the Dime God Win User

I can't play multiplayer Java Minecraft after the Mojang to Microsoft transfer

The birthday on my account is Sept. 23, 2000 but it still won't let me access my privacy settings. Should I just join a new family with a separate account set to adult?
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

privacy settings

Hello, Kio. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

To change your Xbox account privacy settings, sign in to the privacy & online safety page:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

If you’re on a child account, you’ll need an adult in your family to sign in to their Microsoft account to change your privacy settings. This is done through the Family settings.

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

If you have any question, please let me know.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Why can't I join realms with my friends even though all of my account settings are what they need to be???

If the changes are already made on the account privacy yes, if you haven't managed to get into the privacy settings on the Xbox settings web then won't work

Child's account cant view their privacy settings an adult is required to add him to a Microsoft family here

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

After the adult account creates the family and adds the minor's account to his family In order for you to be able to play multiplayer, you must change the privacy settings of your account. It can be done here

6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

please help with online safety settings

Hi FilipStachurski! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You need to change your privacy settings, purchasing Xbox live gold won't solve that part, you need to change the settings

Child's account cant view their privacy settings an adult is required to add him to a Microsoft family here

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

After the adult account creates the family and adds the minor's account to his family In order for you to be able to play multiplayer, you must change the privacy settings of your account. It can be done here

Thema:

1. I never set up a Microsoft family, but my Xbox account won't let me change my privacy... - Similar Threads - never set Microsoft

2. Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox: My account is the child account in a family with no adult and I can’t figure out how to leave or what to do 9dfb969f-31d3-4fdb-8acc-c54fbda8325c
  3. When I get on the brakes are not engaged and my fuel runs out I have it set so it never...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I get on the brakes are not engaged and my fuel runs out I have it set so it never...: My 737 the brakes are not engaged when I get on and they use fuel I have my settings so it want run out, but the Boeing 737 MAX works fine also my Airbus A320neo is working fine, they just started...
  4. Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...: I wanted to play Starfield offline, but couldn't because I needed to turn on offline permissions. When I went to turn it on, I saw that I've reached the limit of 3 changes in a year. What? I've...
  5. Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.: So I downloaded the Minecraft launcher from the Microsoft Store and when I wanted to log in with Microsoft there it would ask me for a windows hello pin that I never set up. The account i wanted...
  6. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...: I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the case, can someone help me make it so my...
  7. Is there a reason i never get a callback from ms support when i set up one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a reason i never get a callback from ms support when i set up one?: Ive been having trouble of accessing a account that got compromised for over a year now and i cant seem to get hold of ms support, i keep setting up callbacks thru the xbox support and they have...
  8. Can't change my Microsoft Hello Pin, which I never even set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my Microsoft Hello Pin, which I never even set up.: I bought a new Minecraft account, which I registered to a new Microsoft account. I then tried to switch account in the Minecraft Launcher to my new account, but it asks me to sign in using my...
  9. Pin code for gamepass on my sons PC that i have never set up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pin code for gamepass on my sons PC that i have never set up?: Hi MS I am being asked to put my pin code when i try to logon to gamepass on sons pc. I have never set it up to ask for this and the help instructions i get is not correct/up to date since i have...
  10. I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I...: I had xbox gamepass a year ago (more or less) and have been able to play games that were rated 18+. My account date is set to 23/10/1990 so why does it ask for parental permission to play a game...