I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I...

Discus and support I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I had xbox gamepass a year ago (more or less) and have been able to play games that were rated 18+. My account date is set to 23/10/1990 so why does it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ChrisPY., Oct 2, 2022.

1. ChrisPY.
    ChrisPY. Guest

I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I...

I had xbox gamepass a year ago (more or less) and have been able to play games that were rated 18+. My account date is set to 23/10/1990 so why does it ask for parental permission to play a game that's rated as 18+? I never set up a "child account", I logged into Microsoft Family and can only see myself and im not able to change anything. Tried to add the same email as organiser but it doesn't work either. What do I need to do to be able to play these games since I never set up an age restriction on my personal account? I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I... :)

:)

ChrisPY., Oct 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I need to ask for parental permission?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Chrispy

May I know if you already tried this?

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your main account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your main account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your device
    Then log in your account again and try again
  3. BigPigGaming112 Win User

I can't access my Xbox account's privacy and online settings

Hi! I have had this issue before, By any chance is your account marked as a child(under 18)? When i ran into this issue i had to have a parent account set up for them to access the settings as child accounts can not access their own settings
  4. dirtybriches85 Win User

Limit the games children play?

So the answer to this question is basically that every publisher has their own set of rules and if you have a child account set up under the age of 18 on Microsoft these publishers can block all of the features depending on the games ratings. If you have
    any questions regarding this I would check the publishers websites or contact them before making your purchase. The only work around right now is to create an adult account if you want your child to be able to play these kinds of games.
  5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Xbox Live account age troubles

As far as I know the account can not be promoted until it shows on LIVE that the account holder is now 18. That would be 3 more years. If this was not the case, it would do parents no good to set up a child account because that child could just change the
    birth date to be able to play M rated games.
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

How can I remove age restrictions in MS Store?

Were you able to play or install any games before? This error usually shows up if the account is being detected as a child which is when you create the Microsoft account then you enter the wrong birth date by accident or you are really below 18 or 21 years old. If you have a child account, you need a parent or adult account to manage your settings.
Thema:

1. I never set up a child account, I have played games that are 18+ before but now it says I... - Similar Threads - never set child

2. Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox: My account is the child account in a family with no adult and I can’t figure out how to leave or what to do 9dfb969f-31d3-4fdb-8acc-c54fbda8325c
  3. When I get on the brakes are not engaged and my fuel runs out I have it set so it never...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I get on the brakes are not engaged and my fuel runs out I have it set so it never...: My 737 the brakes are not engaged when I get on and they use fuel I have my settings so it want run out, but the Boeing 737 MAX works fine also my Airbus A320neo is working fine, they just started...
  4. Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...: I wanted to play Starfield offline, but couldn't because I needed to turn on offline permissions. When I went to turn it on, I saw that I've reached the limit of 3 changes in a year. What? I've...
  5. Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.: So I downloaded the Minecraft launcher from the Microsoft Store and when I wanted to log in with Microsoft there it would ask me for a windows hello pin that I never set up. The account i wanted...
  6. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...: I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the case, can someone help me make it so my...
  7. Is there a reason i never get a callback from ms support when i set up one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a reason i never get a callback from ms support when i set up one?: Ive been having trouble of accessing a account that got compromised for over a year now and i cant seem to get hold of ms support, i keep setting up callbacks thru the xbox support and they have...
  8. I never set up a Microsoft family, but my Xbox account won't let me change my privacy...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I never set up a Microsoft family, but my Xbox account won't let me change my privacy...: I tried joining a realm on Minecraft, but every time I do, I am told my account is setup in a way where I can't join realms due to my privacy settings. When I attempt to get help fixing this, it...
  9. Can't change my Microsoft Hello Pin, which I never even set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my Microsoft Hello Pin, which I never even set up.: I bought a new Minecraft account, which I registered to a new Microsoft account. I then tried to switch account in the Minecraft Launcher to my new account, but it asks me to sign in using my...
  10. Pin code for gamepass on my sons PC that i have never set up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pin code for gamepass on my sons PC that i have never set up?: Hi MS I am being asked to put my pin code when i try to logon to gamepass on sons pc. I have never set it up to ask for this and the help instructions i get is not correct/up to date since i have...