I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay

Discus and support I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So basically i have this old gamertag that i got bored of and tried to change it but i need to pay. It is my right not to pay for it (this came out... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Thodoris Efstathiou, Sep 3, 2019.

1. I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay

So basically i have this old gamertag that i got bored of and tried to change it but i need to pay. It is my right not to pay for it (this came out kinda agressive but you know what i am saying),what should i do?

:)

Thodoris Efstathiou, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Daft Badger Win User

If it says you have to pay then you will have to pay i'm afraid,there's no way around this.

You have either changed the randomly generated gamertag you got when starting your account which would count as your free gamertag change or you created the account when you had to use the free change within 30 days but didn't which is why you are being
    asked to pay.
  3. RemiThemaN Win User

Need to change my gamertag (never use) and have to pay

Thank for this reply.

WTF I never choose this...
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Someone did.As Smwutches said,the gamertag you are posting with is not a randomly generated one so the any other changes will need to be paid for.
  5. Smwutches Win User

You will have to pay if you want ti change your tag. The free change is only given if you were given a randomly generated tag when you signed up and are changing that tag for the first time. The tag you are posting with, is not a randomly generated tag.
  6. Smwutches Win User

XBox gamertag Change (NEVER USED) but i have to pay?

The free change is only available if you were given a randomly generated tag when you created your account and are changing that name for the first time. Since the tag you have is one of your own choosing, you have technically already used your change so
    you will have to pay if you want to change it.
Thema:

1. I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay - Similar Threads - never changed gamertag

2. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  3. Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...: My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One minute it’s great, the next minute it’s...
  4. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  5. Never changed my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Never changed my gamertag: I went to change my gamertag because I didn't like how the numbers completly messed up the name (HumanMp3 to HumanMp31974 in other games) I didn't care for a bit until it just started to bug me, I...
  6. I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it: I've been trying to change my gamertag on microsoft gaming from the one I've used since I've made the account. I'm aware that the first change should be free, but it's not giving me the option....
  7. I never changed my gamertag before, bur when I will change appear I have to pay a fee....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I never changed my gamertag before, bur when I will change appear I have to pay a fee....: I never changed my gamertag before, bur when I will change appear I have to pay a fee. Someone can help me? 03f22008-99e8-45cb-aa6a-620d58443eba
  8. whenever i try to change my gamertag it asks me to pay even though i never changed it before?

in XBoX Accessibility
    whenever i try to change my gamertag it asks me to pay even though i never changed it before?: So whenever i try change it and when i get to the last step it tells me to add a payment method and pay 10 euro but when i looked it up many videos say that for your first name change it is free....
  9. I tried to change my xbox gamertag, and after a week it never changed. So I tried to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to change my xbox gamertag, and after a week it never changed. So I tried to change...: i Tried logging out and back in and it didn't do anything 5c0efa1a-933e-4b1a-a8a3-fd37ebdb5467
  10. ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?: I've had this microsoft account for a couple of years now, and the same is with my gamertag. I don't like the one that was randomly generated for me, and whenever i've tried to change it, it keeps...