I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?

Discus and support I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, so I own minecraft and I share live gold with someone but the problem is I still need Xbox live gold? I don't pay for it but I have It and It still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Alex Shouldice, May 28, 2023.

1. I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?

Hi, so I own minecraft and I share live gold with someone but the problem is I still need Xbox live gold? I don't pay for it but I have It and It still won't let me play online. I tried reinstalling It to see If my system didn't update it yet since I did have game pass but now I can't play online. This Is very frustrating for me. If someone could reach out soon I would appreciate It. -Alex

:)

Alex Shouldice, May 28, 2023
  2. CosmicCraze Win User

Why does my pc keep on saying "Looks like you need to renew gold" every time I open Minecraft bedrock? On p.c.

"Looks like you need to renew gold" is a message that appears when your Xbox Live Gold subscription has expired or is about to expire. Minecraft Bedrock Edition requires an active Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online multiplayer with other players.

To continue playing Minecraft bedrock on your PC, you will need to renew your Xbox Live Gold subscription. You can do this by visiting the Xbox website or using the Xbox app on your PC. Once you have renewed your subscription, sign in to your Xbox Live account within the Minecraft game to enable online multiplayer and remove the renewal prompt.
  3. HiEF Win User

i cant join multiplayer in minecraft

Hello,

This may possibly be because you have settings that restrict this, especially on child accounts, if that applies to you. To change this, you must find the "Allow to join multiplayer games" in account privacy settings, and set this to allow. This also maybe that you need Xbox Live Gold, as you need Xbox Live Gold to play any games online that aren't free. E.g. free games like Fortnite and Roblox are online games, but both free to play meaning you don't need Xbox Live Gold to play them. But you need Xbox Live Gold to play online on games that you have to pay to download, e.g. Minecraft.

I hope this helped,

Have a good day
  4. John P_14 Win User

My son can’t play multiplayer on Minecraft . I’ve tried to change the settings on my account. Anyone know how?

Yes, Minecraft is an online multiplayer game so if he's playing on an Xbox console, he needs to have Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate.
  5. mckiller741996 Win User

Xbox Live Subscription

Id like to play Minecraft with my son and his friends online. Do I need a second Xbox Live Gold subscription to do this?
  6. KhaoticSamuraii Win User

I can't play anything online in GFWL

To play online you need Xbox live GOLD. If you have the free account or the Xbox live silver account then you can't play online. So I'm sorry but you're going to have to pay for Xbox live Gold in order to play online. I hope this helped!
Thema:

I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?

1. I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live? - Similar Threads - need live gold

2. I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?: I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge $59.00 because I have not had a gaming account for two years. a476b7eb-1748-4709-9174-f3071b2ce514
  3. do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3: would very much like to know if i can get the golden and diamond keys in borderlands 3 just by progressing in the game, or do i need an x-box live account, 6a959c65-0ce2-4cbc-873e-18266d3b5e11
  4. I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass: I can not play Remnant 2 , it won't let me login . Says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass c0926a84-7c92-4e5b-81ac-675b788f4aba
  5. i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew...: i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew your game pass even tho it’s still current what do i do? 078dbd88-dbc6-42f1-b5e4-f7eae839ba33
  6. Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...: Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical copy) 07d9a1dc-bdad-4783-b9d8-2b622dfe6663
  7. Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)?: Hello, I want to play minecraft with a friend but we do not have live gold. My friend and I are both on a Xbox device and want to play together, Is Live gold mandatory?...
  8. Do I need 2 gold live accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need 2 gold live accounts?: My son and I both have Xbox consoles and we both have a gold live account( His is under my wife’s email). Can we play fortnite for example simultaneously with one account or do I need to keep 2...
  9. Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?: For years I have been paying for Live Gold to play Fortnite multiplayer. Tonight, I heard about Live Free/Silver. Some websites say you can play Fortnite with Xbox Live Free. Others say you must...
  10. It says "Looks like you need to renew xbox live gold or xbox game pass ultimate" when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It says "Looks like you need to renew xbox live gold or xbox game pass ultimate" when I...: I'm trying to play a game I haven't played in a few years but when I decided to play it, it comes up with a problem. It wants me to renew my memberships although they have already been renewed and...