I need to sever game name from email name

Discus and support I need to sever game name from email name in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got An Xbox and set up an avatar name and account. Later, I upgraded my Xbox and went for Xbox gold, too. I thought that I was offered a change in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MelanieAcker, Jul 12, 2018.

  1. MelanieAcker
    MelanieAcker Guest

    I need to sever game name from email name


    I got An Xbox and set up an avatar name and account. Later, I upgraded my Xbox and went for Xbox gold, too. I thought that I was offered a change in avatar name, so I put in a new name. To my surprise, this name is being used by my Microsoft email account.
    The name is completely inappropriate, of course, for email purposes, but I don't know how to get rid of it. The account kept the original profile name, and assigned the second one I chose, to attach to my email. Very embarrassing. Have looked everywhere
    for an answer/option to change it out, but cannot. Please HELLLLLPPPPPP!

    :)
     
    MelanieAcker, Jul 12, 2018
    #1
  2. BlandAlloy98
    BlandAlloy98 Guest
    when will you fix your web site? support does not know what they are doing.

    just spent two hours on the phone to support from one to another seven times and problem still not fixed. I come back to the site to get the message below that won't let me enter my name, so no help at all.

    Chat with Microsoft


    Invalid data. Please check your information

    Step 1: Thank you for signing in

    FIRST NAME*



    Please enter a valid first name



    LAST NAME*



    Please enter a valid last name



    EMAIL ADDRESS




    *required fields

     
    BlandAlloy98, Jul 12, 2018
    #2
  3. l Zaccy 09 l
    l Zaccy 09 l Guest
    Real name sharing

    Just so you know I use a hotmail account for xbox and when il changed my real name to moe leicester for a laugh i didnt realise that it ammended my hotmail real name and all my emails to family and work were signed as email from moe leicester .......be warned
    it doesnt just change it on xbox it changes your email too is a bit of a LOL but its caused some severe embarressment
     
    l Zaccy 09 l, Jul 12, 2018
    #3
  4. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest

    I need to sever game name from email name

    HAZMAT RADIO, Jul 12, 2018
    #4
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

    I need to sever game name from email name

  6. l Zaccy 09 l Win User

    Real name sharing

    Just so you know I use a hotmail account for xbox and when il changed my real name to moe leicester for a laugh i didnt realise that it ammended my hotmail real name and all my emails to family and work were signed as email from moe leicester .......be warned
    it doesnt just change it on xbox it changes your email too is a bit of a LOL but its caused some severe embarressment
  7. steeledwand7664 Win User

    changing email and name

    Unfortunately there is no way to separate the two like this.
  8. TimB101 Win User

    Forgot name of email.

    Hi,

    I'm Tim, an Independent Advisor here and a Microsoft user like you. I don't work for Microsoft and do not have access to any of your data on their system.

    If you use the Microsoft support link below, are you able to run through the procedure to find your Microsoft account?

    https://support.microsoft.com/office/b2049472-3b8f-27d3-61c6-67a668453f4c

    I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further or If you find it helpful, you can mark this comment as the answer.

    Kind regards

    Tim
  9. drummerjac0b Win User

    In game minecraft name is different from Microsoft name

    Is there any way to actually get some help for this issue or are we just sending links to vague generic FAQ sites?
Thema:

I need to sever game name from email name

Loading...
  1. I need to sever game name from email name - Similar Threads - need sever game

  2. XBOX Insider hub dead, need help

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider hub dead, need help: I’ve recently joined XBOX Insiders and downloaded the hub, the only issue is, i am barely able to upgrade my ring, and the only way i can is via these weekly pulses, which only give me about 5 xp,...
  3. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  6. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  7. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  8. I have a wild ban, some appeals approved, less severe one denied. Need to actually contact,...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a wild ban, some appeals approved, less severe one denied. Need to actually contact,...: Hi, I received a 366 day ban after telling off a simp who for months engaged in inappropriate behavior and was taking advantage of my autistic girlfriends, well, not understanding social...
  9. Need help with my creative city world and I'm starting a new survival sever

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with my creative city world and I'm starting a new survival sever: Need good modern builders for my creative world and anyone can join my new survival world my gt is: send me a friend request and invite me to a party to get the details!!! See ya soon!!!...
  10. i need help on halo reach it says sever mess ups

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    i need help on halo reach it says sever mess ups: on halo reach today in the morning i was play halo reach and then i had to go to the library to get books then next thing i know when i come back it says server univalable plz try agin later and...