I need to close an old account which has recurring billing. I don’t have access to the Xbox...

Discus and support I need to close an old account which has recurring billing. I don’t have access to the Xbox... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Want to close Xbox account but do not have access to x box or old email. Only have x box username. 997a8cf8-851c-4dba-b59e-664c5e64ac18 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Fiona Kelsey, May 28, 2023.

1. Fiona Kelsey
    Fiona Kelsey Guest

I need to close an old account which has recurring billing. I don’t have access to the Xbox...

Want to close Xbox account but do not have access to x box or old email. Only have x box username.

:)

Fiona Kelsey, May 28, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

I need to close an old account which has recurring billing. I don’t have access to the Xbox & believe it is associated with an old email. I have x box username

Thanks for clearing that up. If you still have the username then I would highly recommend you contact the support team so that they can check on their end if it is still active. You can contact them using this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/.
  3. Fiona Kelsey Win User

I need to close an old account which has recurring billing. I don’t have access to the Xbox & believe it is associated with an old email. I have x box username

Thanks for replying

The issue is the email address does not exist anymore - it was with Virgin UK & had been closed.

I have the Xbox username
  4. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Fiona. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try using this link first to see if you can recover the correct email using an alternate email or phone number that was linked to the account, https://account.live.com/username/recover.

If that doesn't work, please try the steps from this link to recover the email address that is linked with the subscription, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro....
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

I need to close an account I don’t have access to because it is paying for Xbox live

6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

I need to close an account I don’t have access to because it is paying for Xbox live

If you don't have access to the account there's a few options you can take, the first of which would be to try and get into the account through the password reset/account recovery tool. Do not go through that method if you do not own the account. Here's
    the pages for that:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-reset-or-recover-password

https://account.live.com/acsr

If you don't own the account, and need to cancel the subscription, you'll have to take a more direct approach. You may have to call your bank should you not be able to get into the account online or through an Xbox to view your subscriptions services. By
    calling your bank, and telling them that this service shouldn't be charged because you didn't authorize it to be (or something in that vein) everything should be handled on that end. Worst case scenario, you'll have to simply get a new bank card so the subscription
    eventually cancels itself on a card that no longer exists.

I'm recommending you contact Microsoft Support for billing first, then Xbox Support (but I think its one in the same), see about getting it manually canceled should you not have access to the account. While someone renewing that subscription through your
    bank/card is technically fraud/fraudulent activity (if its occurring without your approval,) so is trying to get into an account that's not yours.

Try to get into the account, if it is yours. If you know the person who's been charging that subscription, get them to pull up the subscriptions page online or on the console so that you may remove you billing details/cancel the subscription. If neither
    of those are true, consider contacting support by phone first... and then calling your bank if need be.

Here's the support links.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. I need to close an old account which has recurring billing. I don’t have access to the Xbox... - Similar Threads - need close old

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. "you will need internet for this microsoft store"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "you will need internet for this microsoft store": Im trying to login with my microsoft and xbox account but they both say "you will need internet for this" When my internet in games and online works just fine. Cant play minecraft because of this...
  4. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  5. Minecraft realm need people to join

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft realm need people to join: if you would like to join our bedrock realm just join the following code xbox only pls join _Lw6g6JskNg submitted by /u/Jdog_playz8520 [link] [comments]
  6. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  7. need for speed most wanted 2005 just don't run give me a black screen and close

in XBoX Games and Apps
    need for speed most wanted 2005 just don't run give me a black screen and close: have problem running need for speed most wanted 2005 on my laptop windows 11 it just don't run give me a black screen and close and i tried so many copies of the game same problem...
  8. I need to close an account I don’t have access to because it is paying for Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to close an account I don’t have access to because it is paying for Xbox live: I need to close an account i dont have access to cause it is paying for xbox live c7cce453-1111-4295-826c-744c58995623
  9. Need to close my xbox account

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Need to close my xbox account: Need to close my xbox account Hey Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to use your Xbox...
  10. Need a "Complete" to show which collection is finished. TOO TIME CONSUMING Open/close to check

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need a "Complete" to show which collection is finished. TOO TIME CONSUMING Open/close to check: I am SO ENJOYING collecting and completing the Collections in this game, (yes there is a however) and I think I have half of the collections already. The problem is trying to remember which...