I need to change the email associated with my gamertag.

Discus and support I need to change the email associated with my gamertag. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I created my Xbox account it was with my moms email and I want to change it to mine without changing her Microsoft account email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by useatedewe2393, Aug 28, 2022.

1. I need to change the email associated with my gamertag.

When I created my Xbox account it was with my moms email and I want to change it to mine without changing her Microsoft account email

:)

useatedewe2393, Aug 28, 2022
  2. useatedewe2393 Win User

The account is my old 360 account so I have all my games on another account I just wanted it under my own email because it has decent gamer score and sentimental.
  3. useatedewe2393 Win User

The account is my old 360 account which I had disc games I just wanted it in my own email if could’ve cuz it has a decent gamerscore and sentimental
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

cannot be done, you cannot transfer it to a new email as the xbox account IS the microsoft account, you would need to create a new account and have your parents account set as home on the console so you can access the games on the new account.

if you try changing the email via the alias setting then your parent will lose access and it will affect their email.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello useatedewe2393, unfortunately it's not possible, because your Xbox profile and email from your Microsoft account are one thing, i.e. your Xbox profile is your Microsoft account.

You can change the "Alias" of the email account, but this account walks would be the one you use to play on Xbox, PC etc.

Below I leave a link to the exchange procedure of Alias.

Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

A tip, in your case as you use your mother's email, the ideal would be that this email would be for you, because you already have your games, progress etc. then make the change of Alias to an email that pleases you and your mother would create a new email account for her.
  6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Xbox Profile transfer

Hi TK,

Technically transfers cannot be do but you can change the email address associated with a microsoft account.

In order to associate the gamertag with another account you will need to create a whole account with an email address and then do the following to associate the gamertag to that account. How
    to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
Thema:

1. I need to change the email associated with my gamertag. - Similar Threads - need change email

2. Need help changing my shipping adress.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help changing my shipping adress.: I sent my xbox in to be fixed and it should have been delivered on Monday, the currier (UPS) cannot find my address. I have contacted them but they informed me they cannot change the delivery...
  3. How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??: How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste?? Series x 1a187cc7-a1b3-4c56-8f79-5b0135698b17
  4. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  5. I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias": I tried doing the "alias" email in support. But all it did was replace the old email name, with the new one. The new name still logs me into the old emails inbox. That account was hacked and I do...
  6. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  7. I need Help trying to get into my email for xbox how can i change my stuff i do not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need Help trying to get into my email for xbox how can i change my stuff i do not...: I created an Xbox Live Account and no longer have access to the Phone Number or Email. I can provide Xbox ID and Card information if needed Microsoft can I get this change, please? I have tried to...
  8. I need help figuring out why my email address won't change.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help figuring out why my email address won't change.: So I've changed my email address on my Xbox Series X from my Dad's email to mine, and I waited the month, and today I got an email saying it's been changed, but when I restarted my Xbox it still...
  9. I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the...: I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the old email 761fe2f8-e160-4fc6-811f-536c2604635c
  10. email got deleted from my xbox account and need to change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    email got deleted from my xbox account and need to change it: Hello xbox, So a year so my 1st email got deleted and this email had my xbox account and i was wondering if you guy could help with that cause i wanna change this email but my old email that got...