I need to change my child's age to allow purchasing pc gaming

Discus and support I need to change my child's age to allow purchasing pc gaming in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I need to change my child's age to allow purchasing pc gaming aee9f08d-10a6-48df-baf7-e97ea093bd64 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Allen Leger, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Allen Leger
    Allen Leger Guest

:)

Allen Leger, Dec 26, 2022
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

How to change the date of birth varies depending on the currently listed age and local laws. Kindly check read and follow the steps on this link; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil... to change your child's date of birth.
  3. stemaler Win User

ALoow family memeber to play multiplayer games online

I've changed settings to 'child defaults' and allowed access to content up to age 9, but he still can't play online. Which settings do I need to change to allow this?
  4. Mash1997 Win User

Age Restrictions

At the age of 13 it is perfectly allowed for your child to make their own account. However, under the age of 18 they would need parental consent to access Xbox Live. It is only age-restricted content you wouldn’t want them to access. If they set their birthdate
    to the correct age then they would need parental consent. You can set up an age limit on the console, it is called Access to content. I recommend just keeping an eye on what your child plays on and by setting up the Access to content age limit, they wouldn’t
    be allowed to purchase anything.

Hope this helps!
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Game pass for pc

I believe that a child account, by default, has purchases options turned off....you'd need to change the Privacy settings on the child's account to allow purchases.

You can manage things from the Xbox Family Settings App but I am not sure which option turns purchases on and off

Edit: FOund this on an older thread from someone wanting to upgrade Xbox Live to Game Pass on a child acocunt:

"I figured it out for my child. I had to go in and allow them to buy items without asking for my permission. Once that was changed I logged into their account and converted the subscription to game pass. Afterwards I went back into my account and turned on the content restrictions again."
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Minecraft Realms on Windows 10

Good day

If the account you are playing with is set as a child account you wont be able to start a Realm.

To be able to play on someone else realm you will need to have the settings changed to allow for multiplayer games.

Child accounts is under the age of 18 (20 in South Korea and Japan).
Thema:

1. I need to change my child's age to allow purchasing pc gaming - Similar Threads - need change child's

2. Need help changing my shipping adress.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help changing my shipping adress.: I sent my xbox in to be fixed and it should have been delivered on Monday, the currier (UPS) cannot find my address. I have contacted them but they informed me they cannot change the delivery...
  3. How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??: How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste?? Series x 1a187cc7-a1b3-4c56-8f79-5b0135698b17
  4. Unfair communication ban. We need changes!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair communication ban. We need changes!: So, one random was harassing me in game, and game chat because I was refusing to engage him. Calling me bad words. Then we moved to xbox messaging, where I told him that he was not a good person...
  5. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  6. I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country: When I click on edit profile information all the boxed are dark grey and uneditable. I need to change this from United States to United Kingdom My Microsoft account won’t link with my Xbox...
  7. I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias": I tried doing the "alias" email in support. But all it did was replace the old email name, with the new one. The new name still logs me into the old emails inbox. That account was hacked and I do...
  8. i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back: hello i just accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to know how to revert this i checked on minecraft.net and it says i have to wait 30 days but i need it asap...
  9. Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...: So as the title says, i tried to change the gamertag for my kid, through the family management portal, I chose the gamertag i wanted and went through the actions. All of this was free, and didn't...
  10. I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...: I need to be able to find the account that is controlling that setting. 23ab64ad-7fa1-4a1a-a16b-ef342b90c850