i need the optional media update but don't have internet service at home. HELP!!

Discus and support i need the optional media update but don't have internet service at home. HELP!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i currently do not have internet service at home. i need the optional media update to stream videos to my xbox 360. i tried to get it from LIVE on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CrushedSword790, Dec 3, 2016.

1. i need the optional media update but don't have internet service at home. HELP!!

i currently do not have internet service at home. i need the optional media update to stream videos to my xbox 360. i tried to get it from LIVE on my laptop but it says i need to hook my xbox 360 up to LIVE. i have it in my account now, but can't download
    it onto a usb. HELP ME!!!

:)

CrushedSword790, Dec 3, 2016
  2. Music not playing (Gold)

Solved!

I had some other issues as well... I wasn't able to watch Youtube clips / Internet Explorer media.

My Xbox was trying to download the "Optional Media Update" from the marketplace but failed every time.

marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802fffe07df

After formatting the HD I was able to to download the Media Update. Now Music works!

Ward de Wiseguy, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Jcapatan
    Jcapatan Guest
    can't download optional media update

I cannot download the optional media update. When i try to it just says "cannot download optional media update".

Jcapatan, Dec 3, 2016
  4. Arminator
    Arminator Guest

i need the optional media update but don't have internet service at home. HELP!!

Unfortunately, you can't download Xbox 360 marketplace content like the Optional Media Update to an USB drive and transfer it to your console.

Your only option is to bring the console itself online.

Arminator, Dec 5, 2016
  5. Arminator Win User

Unfortunately, you can't download Xbox 360 marketplace content like the Optional Media Update to an USB drive and transfer it to your console.

Your only option is to bring the console itself online.
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

Star wars KOTOR on Xbox 360 - wont play - any ideas

Is the Xbox connected to the internet. On top of needing an official hard drive you need access to Xbox Live to download an optional media update.
  7. MisterFizzle Win User

Streaming from phone to xbox one data?

Hey Drifter,

It depends on how you are streaming the media to your console.

Traditional Play-To works on your home network, so I don't believe it should touch your Internet services. If you phone is connected to the same WiFi network as your console, then it shouldn't have to use any internet data.

If you're using some other means like Skydrive, then it would be Internet dependent.
  8. KingBenneth Win User

X360 stopped detecting win7 pc

Open up Windows Media Player and at the top left, you should see options like 'Organize', 'Stream' and 'Create Playlist'. Click on 'Stream' and make sure 'Allow Internet access to my home media...' is ticked.

Also, have a look under 'Stream' and then 'More streaming option...' and take a look at the Xbox 360 options under devices.
  9. Malacath Win User

can't download optional media update

Have you had a new xbox and already downloaded the optional media update using a previous xbox?

If so then then you might need to do a license transfer to get it to work.

I remember having a similar problem getting the media update to download years ago. It only downloaded after a license transfer.

Now though you don't really have to download it manually as the xbox should download it automatically when needed.
Thema:

1. i need the optional media update but don't have internet service at home. HELP!! - Similar Threads - need optional media

2. "The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match."...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match."...: I have checked that my account and everything is set to the U.S and that my billing methods are also set to the U.S. However, it still keeps saying the same message. Also, I am in the U.S...
  3. The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match: I am having issues trying to get XBox game pass to play online with friends. I live in Bermuda and the region is set to United States, Bermuda was not an option....
  4. Need sleep timer option for controller

in XboX Insiders
    Need sleep timer option for controller: I get that controller goes to sleep after 15 min of inactivity to preserve battery but it gets mildly annoying when you take little break and come back and I use the rechargeable battery pack so I...
  5. The only option when trying to start a repair order is accessory but I need it for the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    The only option when trying to start a repair order is accessory but I need it for the console: I'm trying to start a repair order for my Xbox series s but the only option that appears is accessory. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can't get my console fixed....
  6. The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match.: i live in australia i have everything set to australia and its still not working paypal, credit card everything i tried any help? fefe1d98-995f-4daf-9792-ca607ebe1bf6
  7. I need to submit a report with a video file and can't find the option

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need to submit a report with a video file and can't find the option: I encountered a toxic situation while streaming on twitch in which 2 users instant spammed me over 100 party invites each, causing the stream to not be heard, maliciously attempting to ruin my...
  8. the region in which your payment option was issued and your store region need to match

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the region in which your payment option was issued and your store region need to match: I just got the Xbox series s… now I’m trying to subscribe to game pass ultimate but i keep getting the error message of “ the region in which your payment option was issued and your store region...
  9. The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match. It...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match. It...: The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match. It is U.S. I want to change into Europe, Netherlands. dee20550-5936-477f-a526-1c8e0ef03b02
  10. We need an in app mic sensitivity option

in XboX Insiders
    We need an in app mic sensitivity option: I hate having to go into windows settings whenever I need to switch from discord to xbox, my mic is too sensitive on Xbox submitted by /u/Le__Epic [link] [comments]