I need help with my Xbox series x. “Invalid format”

Discus and support I need help with my Xbox series x. “Invalid format” in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My Xbox series x is formatted to run at 120hz but I don’t have an hdmi 2.1 cable and the tv in my hotel isn’t 120hz. Is there a way to reset it to get... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/yeet_cannon_larry, Nov 1, 2022.

1. I need help with my Xbox series x. “Invalid format”

My Xbox series x is formatted to run at 120hz but I don’t have an hdmi 2.1 cable and the tv in my hotel isn’t 120hz. Is there a way to reset it to get it to work to be able to get a visual on screen?

submitted by /u/yeet_cannon_larry
    [link] [comments]

/u/yeet_cannon_larry, Nov 1, 2022
  2. DINSERELLI cmf Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

I've been having the exactl same issue for months series x and lg cx , yet have no issues with my ps5 on the same TV , someone needs to patch something somewhere I had no issues with my xbox one x either , I also get an invalid format screen a lot when using the xbox TV and movie app its all unacceptable and annoying.
  3. davemorris71 Win User

P50 WD Black Problem XBOX series X

I am also using a WD Black P50 (NVMe SSD 2TB) with my Xbox Series X and It works just great on last generation games. Make sure to plug the drive into your Xbox Series X and then format the SSD drive for games (you also have the option to format it for media). The drive must be formatted using your Xbox Series X (NOT a PC). Happy gaming .
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

: Xbox series S invalid format

The instructions apply to Xbox One and Series X|S

1. If there's a disc in the console, eject it.
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Don’t let go until you hear the second beep or see the console start up in low resolution mode (the Xbox startup screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Pair button instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.
    4. In either case, this will start up your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To change this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options, and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.
    5. If you’re required to complete these steps on every startup, you’ll want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 of the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more info, see How to adjust the display settings on your Xbox.
  6. Maxlength72 Win User

I have switched to an Xbox series X from an Xbox one S. we used an external sea gate hard drive to store games. The series x can see the hard drive but not all of the games stored on it

What makes me think it’s a problem with the HDD is that I just plugged in another external drive that I use on a series s and the series x saw all the games stored on it. I may need to format the other hdd?
Thema:

I need help with my Xbox series x. “Invalid format”

1. I need help with my Xbox series x. “Invalid format” - Similar Threads - need help series

2. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  3. I just got an Xbox Series S and need some help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an Xbox Series S and need some help: I am currently trying to play games on my new Xbox Series S but each time I try playing a game it doesn't work because quick resume is enabled and when I try to disable the feature on those games...
  4. Need help with finding microphone for s-series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with finding microphone for s-series: hello! I bought the game One Hand Clapping, but it says I need am microphone. What kind do I need to buy if I don't what it combined with headphones? 157b2cb5-c41e-440f-9315-ba9abf035917
  5. series x and s accounts. Need help from Microsoft or anyone else how to solve this issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    series x and s accounts. Need help from Microsoft or anyone else how to solve this issue.: My friends and I are unable to sgin into our Xbox series x and s accounts. We need help from Microsoft or anyone else. 073e8c44-da1d-4393-9e69-5c0b67e27e63
  6. Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Technical support about my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 c7177218-1886-4ec6-904e-e1f21281d9b5
  7. Need help Xbox series x gets darker switch from game to other apps

in XboX Insiders
    Need help Xbox series x gets darker switch from game to other apps: Hey I have an Xbox series x. Recently I got lies of p and strange enough the screen gets darker when playing from switching from apps. Does anyone else get that problem and have any advice...
  8. Hi i need someone to help me because i can't have acces to my 10hours of ea fc 24 on series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi i need someone to help me because i can't have acces to my 10hours of ea fc 24 on series s: Hi i need someone to help me because i can't have acces to my 10hours of ea fc 24 on series s aff48bde-ef32-409b-9651-3a1152f23329
  9. Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.: I previously sent my controller to be repaired a couple weeks ago as the left bumper was becoming unresponsive. I received it back and the left bumper was working but after a few days of use the...
  10. Need help with wreckfest crashing on xbox series x.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with wreckfest crashing on xbox series x.: I have wreckfast installed digitally on my xbox series x. The game has worked for approx 6-7 months since owning it and has worked fine. For the last few weeks it will load to the start screen....