i need help with my headphones

Discus and support i need help with my headphones in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The problem is that my headset has only one jack, and my computer has 2 jacks, and I want to listen while I talk, I don't want to spend money on an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by iPlodXXD, Apr 7, 2022.

  1. iPlodXXD
    iPlodXXD Guest

    i need help with my headphones


    The problem is that my headset has only one jack, and my computer has 2 jacks, and I want to listen while I talk, I don't want to spend money on an adapter or something, is there a solution?

    :)
     
    iPlodXXD, Apr 7, 2022
    #1
  2. Francia J. Win User

    i need help with my headphones

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

    We really need to use a splitter in that way you can use mic as well.
  3. Greg Carmack - Windo Win User

    need help with my sound controls for my headphones

    Hi Aaron. I'm Greg, an installation specialist and 9 year Windows MVP here to help you.

    I'll give you everything possible to try for headset problems so at least something will work. If you need help performing any steps I am standing by here to help:

    First try the steps here:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/setting-your-hea...


    Go to Settings > Devices > Autoplay to look for the device and change the default behavior in it's Dropdown Menu.

    Right click Volume icon in System Tray at right end of task bar, Open Sounds Settings, in dropdown menus at top make sure Headphones are selected and Connected for both Playback and Recording Default Devices.

    If not again right click Volume icon in System Tray to choose Troubleshoot sound problems.

    Also try the Hardware Troubleshooter at Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

    Go to the Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start button, choose Sound controller device, on Driver tab choose Roll back or Uninstall, restart PC using keyboard to Ctrl Alt Del, on blue screen tab to Power Icon in bottom right, press Enter, arrow
    down to Restart, press Enter to restart to reinstall the driver.

    Do the same for the headset device and/or it's microphone.

    Update the Sound driver from the PC or Device maker's Support downloads web page. While there also check that the Chipset, BIOS, Display, USB, Network and all other drivers are the most current.

    Sometimes it helps to unpair or disconnect all other Bluetooth devices from the PC in Bluetooth settings, then try again to connect the headset.

    If this was caused by Windows Update(s) then you can check which were installed at Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update under Installed Updates, then uninstall them from the link there, and hide with the Hide Updates tool downloaded from here:

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...


    You can also use System Restore to get before the problem began, then check for Updates with the Hide Update tool and hide them:

    http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/how-t...

    Go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...


    Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files. Then continue with the other steps to go over your install most
    thoroughly.

    If nothing else helps you can run a Repair Install by installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now. This reinstalls Windows in about an hour while saving your files, apps and most settings, solves many problems while also bringing
    it up to the latest version which you need anyway and by the most stable method.

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...

    If you want to report this to Microsoft use the Feedback Hub app in Start Menu where developers are tasked to process consumer feedback. They will not even see it here. This is a tech forums staffed mostly by volunteers trying to help others with your problems.

    If you want to post back a Share link from your Feedback here others who see this thread can vote it up and add to it. If you are an Insider I can also vote it up with my MVP badge and track the issue for you.

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted. If you'll wait to rate whether my post helped you, I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Andre for Directly Win User

    need help with my sound controls for my headphones

    Hi Aaron

    My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

    What is the exact make and model?

    Open Start, type: system information

    Hit Enter

    Click System summary

    Look in the right pane

    Copy the system sku info into reply here.

    See example: https://imgur.com/qzektpA

    First, run the Playing audio troubleshoot - open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

    Scroll down, select Playing audio

    Click Run the troubleshooter

    When complete, restart your computer then check if audio is working again.

    Press Windows key + X

    Click Device Manager

    Expand Sound, video and game controllers

    Right click your audio adapter

    Click Properties

    Click the Driver tab

    Is there an option rollback?

    If so, click it.

    Also, check to make sure the audio driver is fully updated. This is often the problem when you upgrade to a new version of Windows 10. Sometimes reinstalling the latest available driver from the manufacturers website helps.

    Open Start, type: change sound card

    Hit Enter

    Select the Playback

    Right click your Speakers

    Click Set as Default Device if it isn't already

    Select your speakers

    Click Properties

    Click the Levels tab

    Use the slider to adjust level

    Other options:

    1. Play a youtube video with the soundcard speaker jack unplugged and let it play through the laptop's inbuilt speakers.

    2. While it is playing, plug in the audio jack and see if it starts playing.

    Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

    Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP Blog.
  5. TheRevenite Win User

    Xbox One S Audio Stuck on Headset Profile

    For anyone still plagued with this issue, with wireless headphones, you'll need a controller with an audio jack or the adapter.

    My Xbox One S, with the September 2018 patch, simply disconnect the wireless headphones and plug standard headphones or cell phone earbuds into the controller. Give it a minute or two, then unplug them. enter the sound settings ams change the headphone
    audio "uncompressed stereo". Exit the sound settings and re-enter the sound setting and your HDMI setting will be available. You can then re-setup your wireless headphones with any of the options needed.

    I hope this helps others with this issue.
  6. With Tatsuhiko Win User

    Sounds coming from my Headphones

    Hello, the headphones has both USB and jack port, I used to jack with my controller, no adapter is needed.

    the headphones works well in my laptop
Thema:

i need help with my headphones

Loading...
  1. i need help with my headphones - Similar Threads - need help headphones

  2. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  3. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  4. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  5. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  6. Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It: my console booted into the troubleshooting screen and I cannot bypass it. Here are my system details:System Error: E106 00000009 80070002 my os:26100.8569 My Console id:...
  7. Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help: I would like to post a picture of the issue but i cant so ill put it in the comments submitted by /u/Round_Adagio8815 [link] [comments]
  8. XboxGaming weird need help thanks

    in XboX Insiders
    XboxGaming weird need help thanks: Couple of months ago I received a document on Xbox, kind’ve like a contract, had a % to something with a list of people/programmers. I was not totally sure what it was and if I selected the right...
  9. Error update E101 ( I need help))

    in XboX Insiders
    Error update E101 ( I need help)): My Xbox is stuck on version 26100.8530.amd64fre.xb_fit_2606ge.260513-2200. And the OSU release is 10.0.26100.8064 (xb_flt_2605ge.260429-2200). Will there be an osu! update available? Xbox via USB...
  10. Need help with Rocket league, xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help with Rocket league, xbox: I bought a Rocket League pack from Xbox because I received a gift card, and to use it, I bought the pack on the Xbox store, thinking about redeeming it with Cloud Gaming, but I discovered that...