I need help with "Capture and Share"

Discus and support I need help with "Capture and Share" in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have the share button on my Controller (PowerA Advantage Controller) mapped to Single Press - Screenshot / Double Press - Start/Stop recording /... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Lewis Ford, May 9, 2024.

1. Lewis Ford
    Lewis Ford Guest

I have the share button on my Controller (PowerA Advantage Controller) mapped to Single Press - Screenshot / Double Press - Start/Stop recording / Press & Hold - Record what happened. But when i try to take a screenshot or start/stop recording, it says "game clip recorded" instead of "recording started" I'm just wondering what could be the cause for this issue?

:)

Lewis Ford, May 9, 2024
  2. lllWormWoodlll Win User

My Xbox Game Bar won't open

Hi, you may need to delete some old videos.. hit your Xbox button, tab over to capture & share, click recent captures, show all, and delete some of your old videos... hope this helps..
  3. VapR StorM Win User

Clips

If there were taken recently then go to "Capture & share" tab and go to " Recent captures ({number})" and it should be there. Hopefully this helps!

Thank you!

-
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox game DVR on windows 10. Can I upload captures that were caught from 3rd party software?

Hello Smith,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I do not believe that this is supported. When you capture screenshots using the Game DVR / Bar, the name of the game and the "creator" of the file are added in automatically. This needs to be there labeled correctly for
    the share process to go through without error.

Just in case this helps, here is a link for capturing screenshots and uploading them :

Record and capture Xbox One game clips and screenshots

Hope this helps!
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

9-days-old Captures Missing

Hi Alexkatbat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

When you make a capture, the file that represents it exists only on your console. Uploading your captures to the Xbox network is helpful for two things: viewing your captures when you’re using a mobile or PC app from Xbox, and sharing your captures.

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload.

Things to keep in mind

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

All this information it's available on support site

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  6. JUST DO IT415 Win User

Trying to share my game clips

I think you need to upload your captures to Xbox Live first then you should unlock the other options to share.
Thema:

1. I need help with "Capture and Share" - Similar Threads - need help Capture

2. Guys i need help, im having xbox problems

in XboX Insiders
    Guys i need help, im having xbox problems: I know this is unrelated but im at a loss end here, i recently put in a new hdmi port and put it back together, its been sitting for a few months before i fixed it and i go to turn it on, it...
  3. hey guys I need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    hey guys I need help: my xbox one controller joystick is very stiff and the d-pad in games clicks like crazy for no reason someone PLEASE help me out here Thanks if you can hlp 3d65159c-482c-4985-81d6-47793aca2ea6
  4. I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360: I have an xbox 360 and I've been trying to bring up the ol thing back up but every time I try to let it connect to xbox live or sign in to any of my accounts it says can't sign in or to restart my...
  5. I need help my for my account to see if any might happen

in XboX Insiders
    I need help my for my account to see if any might happen: Will a 24 hour pfp suspension affect my account in any way? I’ve never been banned or suspended before so please help. submitted by /u/Ancient_Sample_1371 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox app - Try the update again - need help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app - Try the update again - need help: I'm right now trying to launch Xbox app on pc to play SOT but I keep getting this error, I have currently uninstalled and reinstalled both Microsoft store and Xbox app and have tried some other...
  7. Need help picking a new xbox controller

in XboX Insiders
    Need help picking a new xbox controller: So I've been through lots of regular xbox series x/s controllers and the most recent one got stick drift after about 4 months of use. Trying to find a xbox controller that can withstand the...
  8. need help to fix minecraft invalid session error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help to fix minecraft invalid session error.: minecraft invalid session error, when i join servers tried many many trouble shooting options like logging in and logging out, switching internet, removing and adding device back on my microsoft...
  9. i need help with my xbox 360 cloud storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    i need help with my xbox 360 cloud storage: So im trying to enable cloud storage on my xbox 360 to transfer my Skate 3 save file to my xbox one x but it wont let me enable it. it just says that i have to have atleast 514 mb of free space on...
  10. Need help to find my captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to find my captures: I was able to use the Capture feature of the Game Bar but when I go to look for the video I captured, it is not there. The prompt always says: "There was a problem getting your captures. Try again...