I need help whit my external storage

Discus and support I need help whit my external storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I connect my external storage y can not use any aplication, what can I do?? 00ca122a-0a18-4f92-80a6-f0cb9df1cb9e Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SurlierAlarm57, Oct 13, 2017.

1. I need help whit my external storage

When I connect my external storage y can not use any aplication, what can I do??

:)

SurlierAlarm57, Oct 13, 2017
  2. iwb100
    iwb100 Guest
    Xbox One Feedback

I'd like MS to add a backup facility once they allow external storage. So you plug in an external HD and it automatically backs up every night or something. This would help for if something goes wrong and you need a repair or you buy a second console or whatever.

iwb100, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Yes, the PlayStation 4 Supports External Storage, but There’s a Catch

I don't think that it's that bad of a catch to prevent me from using the external storage. Though I am not sure if I will ever need to actually use external storage. The fact that there will be 33 games at launch makes me think that eventually, a lot of users will need the external space. I'm OK with it not being functional for downloadable games. No biggie.

incredibleone, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Steven Hough Win User

need help with external storage

i believe so too due to both hard drives work fine on my pc, and if i wanted to use them for gaming storage i could. sadly, sending them to a friend to test isn't an option, and if it was, assuming it worked for them, we wouldn't be any closer as to why its not doing what it should on my console and with about 8 or 9 different salutions trying to solve the problem, all of which should of worked if the console was the problem, as much as i believe it IS the console, i have to try all options and assume the possibility it might have something to do with the type of hard drive. and if i did buy a memory stick that meets the requirements, at least i can say i tried
  5. Steven Hough Win User

I've tried with other hard drives. everything i've tested seems to work as normal, even after doing what was in that video, it then detected the hard drive, asking if it needs formatting, but once i clicked the 'media' option, back to square one. its as if everything works fine, except the control will not detect NTFS formated hard drives
  6. Steven Hough Win User

Thank you for replying, but that didn't help. useful skill to know but the hard drive still isnt being detected
  7. MateusFontana Win User

I understand, as I said I believe it may be a problem on your console and not your external hard drives, would you have someone who has an Xbox to be able to test the same hard drives and see if it would work normally?
  8. Steven Hough Win User

Still didn't work, whats worse is the hard drive its not detecting for 'media' use is what i used for the update, and the update came through without issue

it's as i said earlier, its as if everything is working fine, expect for detecting 'media' storage devices

im even tempted to get a different brand named storage device. i should have to buy another one, knowing that these ones are working fine, but if i have to go that fair an it works, at least it works, but if it doesn't, its only gonna annoy me more
Thema:

I need help whit my external storage

1. I need help whit my external storage - Similar Threads - need help whit

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  4. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  5. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. I got console banned for nothing and i need help whit it so i can get unbannad have done...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got console banned for nothing and i need help whit it so i can get unbannad have done...: Need help i dont got money for a new xbox i got console banned for nothing have not texted anything have not said anything i just play games and my **** whas gone help me out...
  8. game keeps crashing. I need help to fix or whit keeps do it. I have tried reseting WiFi and...

in XboX Insiders
    game keeps crashing. I need help to fix or whit keeps do it. I have tried reseting WiFi and...: don't if is my console or Internet or the game I have mw2 downloaded of the store. This game crashing thing is just recent. I'll be half way through the game killing then the screen freezes. I...
  9. pls i need help whit mi gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    pls i need help whit mi gold: Enter a code of a gift card and I do not connect the gold in my session or any other I can do? 8f9d3083-f106-48a2-b620-b8c238c694b8
  10. I need help whit a error code 0x87E0004. What i need to do to fix the problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help whit a error code 0x87E0004. What i need to do to fix the problem.: I need help whit a error code in Ark Survival Evolved. I try intall again the game but o cant becase a error code 0x87E00004. How can fix this problem to can intall the game?...