I need help getting a controller working with xCloud on the android 11 beta (Pixel 4XL)

Discus and support I need help getting a controller working with xCloud on the android 11 beta (Pixel 4XL) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Has anyone been successful using a controller with xCloud or Console Streaming on the Android 11 beta? I can pair my controller (tried both PS4 and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/user1484, Aug 10, 2020.

1. /u/user1484
    /u/user1484 Guest

I need help getting a controller working with xCloud on the android 11 beta (Pixel 4XL)

Has anyone been successful using a controller with xCloud or Console Streaming on the Android 11 beta? I can pair my controller (tried both PS4 and Xbox controllers) and they seem to work fine but when the games launch the direction pad and thumbsticks do not work. I have tried the information in the faq that will likely get posted (repairing, restarting, etc.) and the most common fix I've seen (rotating phone the other way) but nothing seems to work. I used to be able to just use a USB cable and the adapter that came with my phone but that doesn't seem to work now either. Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/user1484
    [link] [comments]

/u/user1484, Aug 10, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. ttttubby Win User

Project Xcloud Streaming

Looks like its just for android phones and tablets and you need a controller (though i can confirm that xcloud works with nonxbox controllers).
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

xCloud in AUSTRALIA

What you have to remember is that XCloud is still in beta testing. It will eventually slowly roll out to other areas.

As to the person who said about having Insider OS on their Xbox, it isn't needed to teat XCloud. All you need is a capable Android phone and a Bluetooth controller. Download the app in Google store.
  4. Nixelplex Win User

Keyboard and mouse on Android?

I like the idea of supporting Keyboard and Mouse for the android OS. Have you tried using a controller? I have found that most games work great with the controller on android/Xcloud.
  5. Loki S Win User

One more thing There's one last step to getting your gamepad working with Android 11

Hello!
    My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Loki, this message appears when the controller is not compatible with your android system.

You can try contacting the console manufacturer to see if they have a controller update process, this might help.

What you can test is to use a browser to use xcloud and see if that will help

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
    My gamepad is compatible and works with android 11, there is a problem only in the xbox game pass.
  6. NaZoooom Win User

Xcloud

Hi JesseHoward1,

I believe that Microsoft have said at a later date, so it is not clear. I hope for iOS users the wait isn’t too long but the service is still in its early stages and is still in closed beta stage.

I am in the market for a new phone and was going to get an iPhone 11 but I have decided to stick with Android/Samsung just for Project xCloud but also League of Legends is coming to Android first :)
Thema:

1. I need help getting a controller working with xCloud on the android 11 beta (Pixel 4XL) - Similar Threads - need help getting

2. Urgent help needed. I sold my Xbox one and the new user can't get on

in XboX Insiders
    Urgent help needed. I sold my Xbox one and the new user can't get on: I sold my Xbox one today because I have an Xbox one x. I factory reset it but before I did I had to sign in to Microsoft and make it my "home" Xbox. I thought the factory reset would take that...
  3. I scratched all of the numbers on my gift card. I need help getting the numbers back.

in XBoX on Windows
    I scratched all of the numbers on my gift card. I need help getting the numbers back.: I need help getting the number back 7139f22f-9c6b-4025-9e34-f98021bb280c
  4. Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help: I'm on xbox s and keep getting disc read error how can I fix it please.. 2ef1ae2b-2ea1-417f-8ae1-fa8377e2729f
  5. I need help getting my old xbox account back without email and passwords

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help getting my old xbox account back without email and passwords: I have had this xbox account since 2019 before i moved and lost my xbox 1 but i Remebered today that it might still be up so i did some digging and saw my old account but i cant get in becuase i...
  6. So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, please: So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, But i have one issue when i go to cancel it, it says We can’t cancel your subscription You have already paid for...
  7. Need help getting Call of duty Cold war back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting Call of duty Cold war back.: I recently switched from the Xbox one to Xbox one s. All was going, Most games were downloaded and worked perfectly fine except for one, That is Call of duty cold war. I saw this and thought oh...
  8. Insiders help please. I need to get into the alpha program

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders help please. I need to get into the alpha program: I have a question how exactly am i able to join alpha insiders i been in the beta insiders for 2 years and i never got a message too join the insider program. submitted by /u/Badassgamer1996...
  9. I can’t get into my Xbox account because I fortgot the email I need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t get into my Xbox account because I fortgot the email I need help: I can’t get into my Xbox account because I forgot the email 4a2496fb-caa6-449e-803a-05a4b29a2ba9
  10. Account Login Hello, I really need help trying to find a way how to get my password back! I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Login Hello, I really need help trying to find a way how to get my password back! I...: Account Login Hello, I really need help trying to find a way how to get my password back! I have the e-mail not the password... May someone help. My username for that account is GOLD YT#3963...