I need help as my Modern Warfare 2 won’t launch on Xbox

Discus and support I need help as my Modern Warfare 2 won’t launch on Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So my friend paid for Modern Warfare 2 and he decided to game share with me, we have both been able to play the game since it released until November... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tom 18, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Tom 18
    Tom 18 Guest

So my friend paid for Modern Warfare 2 and he decided to game share with me, we have both been able to play the game since it released until November 8th as we both got an error code saying we don’t own the game but we clearly do because we’ve been playing it since it dropped

:)

Tom 18, Nov 9, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly ask him to sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and validate what is the status of the order, it should be stated as "completed". If it's "declined" or "canceled", it means that Microsoft was not able to get the charge for the pre-ordered game. For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...

Also, please be reminded that according to Xbox's TOS, sharing a profile with someone else is not allowed. You should be in the same household when game sharing.
  3. Jay Massengill Win User

Modern warfare 2 won’t launch

The instructions in this video worked for me, although it took a couple of tries.

I will see tomorrow if I have to do the same thing again when starting the Xbox.
  4. charlotte millett Win User

Change your location to Singapore it worked for me and before putting CD in open the game let it load then add CD
  5. HELLMARKED Win User

That's all I want to do is play the campaign but the disc won't even load
  6. Mark Eldridge1 Win User

Hello all,

If you are experiencing launch issues with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, we recommend that you report this through the Report a Problem app on your console so that our engineers can further investigate.

To install the Report a Problem app, please follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Store.
    2. Select Search, and then enter Xbox Report a Problem in the search box.
    3. Choose the app from the search results, and then select Download.
    After installing the app, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.

Once the app is launched, please follow the instructions below:

1. Select Report new problem.
    2. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    3. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    4. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    5. Enter a short title for your issue.
    6. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    7. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.
    8. Reply back to this response letting us know that you have successfully submitted a report. Do not include any PII in your response, such as your gamertag or email.
    For more information on the Report a Problem app, please visit our support article here: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

We also recommend clearing the cache on your console and performing a soft reset to help resolve this issue.

Clear cache

1. Press and hold the power button on the console for ~10 seconds until it turns off
    2. Wait 1 minute with the console turned off
    4. Turn it back on

Soft reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. Select Reset and keep my games & apps. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps.
    5. After you select one of the options, your Xbox console begins the process of erasing the selected content and resetting itself to the default settings.
    Additionally, please note that in order to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II multiplayer a subscription that includes Xbox Live, such as Game Pass Ultimate, is required. Please visit Microsoft account | Services & subscriptions to confirm your active subscriptions.

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Xbox Customer Experience Program Manager

Microsoft Community
    My Xbox modern warfare 2 will not do anything when I press a to start the game
Thema:

1. I need help as my Modern Warfare 2 won’t launch on Xbox - Similar Threads - need help Modern

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  4. Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5: Xbox series x wired controller and subsonic wheel rubber gear box and tab at left submitted by /u/SomebodystolemyBEANZ [link] [comments]
  5. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  6. I need help with an issue on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with an issue on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: When I go and click on channels for game/party chat. There is a notification at the bottom of the screen that says “disruptive behavior, enforcement, voice, chat, temporary Lee, disabled for...
  7. I need help regarding COD Modern Warfare 2019

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help regarding COD Modern Warfare 2019: I have downloaded COD modern warfare(2019) disc version on my series x, including the 18 add ons. However when i press campaign the game for a split second enters the campaign but then crashes and...
  8. Need help buying call of duty modern warfare 2

in XboX Insiders
    Need help buying call of duty modern warfare 2: Hi, I'm trying to buy Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox Series X and pay with the balance I have in my account and for some reason it won't let me complete the purchase.. I tried to buy 2...
  9. Hi everyone, need some help,I have Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and since couple of days I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi everyone, need some help,I have Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and since couple of days I...: The Notice I get when trying to get into the Campaign is: "Your are missing one or more Single Player DLC Packs. Please download and install", then I press select and sent me to the store, in...
  10. So there’s a new update on modern warfare and I need help the Xbox won’t let me download my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So there’s a new update on modern warfare and I need help the Xbox won’t let me download my...: I need help on the modern warfare update it wont let me download the data pack 1 at all i tried and it sends me to the store but when in the store app it just says trouble loading in on and on and...