I migrated my Mojang account... big mistake.

Discus and support I migrated my Mojang account... big mistake. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ok, so I migrated my Mojang Account to Microsoft earlier, having foolishly believed it to be a good idea. I should have known better... now, when I log... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Omegaweapon1000, Nov 9, 2021.

1. I migrated my Mojang account... big mistake.

Ok, so I migrated my Mojang Account to Microsoft earlier, having foolishly believed it to be a good idea. I should have known better... now, when I log into the Minecraft Launcher, the only option I get is "Play Demo", despite the fact that I have owned the game for MANY years. Additionally, the launcher seems to recognize the fact that I own the game, because if I press the button for "Buy now!" I am informed that I already own the game. I would VERY much like for you to resolve this issue ASAP.

:)

Omegaweapon1000, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Close your launcher. Navigate to your .minecraft folder and delete the launcher_msa_credentials.bin file. Then, run the launcher and log back in.
  3. Omegaweapon1000 Win User

Currently, I can see two accounts connected, the Mojang one and the Microsoft one. The Microsoft login leads to the "Demo" option, and the Mojang one no longer works. In other words, I already did that, and yet it does not work.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

It's not in the migration instructions, but after the migration, you have to ADD a NEW account, and link it to your Microsoft account. Startup will take longer, but it sure works.

On the login prompt in the java launcher, go back. You'll see the mojang account you had been signing into - ignore it, and add a new account to the launcher. Using the email address associated with the microsoft account you just migrated to, sign in with the email address and password of your microsoft account. It's not an elegant migration on the UX side of things, but it does work.
  5. Christas178 Win User

Can only play Minecraft Demo after Migrating Mojang Account

Me too. I wasn't able to migrate in time, because work is a big part of my life. I can't even see my old mojang account that is usually in the 'Go back' tab anymore. So even if i wanted to Migrate, i am unable to do so.
  6. David Cleaver Win User

Can I switch my minecraft data to another xbox account?

I already migrated my mojang account to my microsoft account.
Thema:

1. I migrated my Mojang account... big mistake. - Similar Threads - migrated Mojang account

2. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  3. How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now?: How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now? 853b0d7c-030e-45e5-8ecd-e6f95b101e6b
  4. i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago: hi all, i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago but havent played in a while. today i saw the notification about account migration before 19Sep, but i believe i dont...
  5. Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft: I bought a minecraft java copy on a mojang account months ago, I'm tryng to migrate it to microsoft now but I get and error saying that my account is not elegible. Why is this happening if I did...
  6. Problem migrating my Mojang account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem migrating my Mojang account: I can't migrate Mojang my account. I only have until Dec 18. When I try to migrate it comes up with this message "We couldn’t complete the request successfully. This Mojang account is not...
  7. I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft: Minecraft now requires a Microsoft sign in. I've migrated my account from Mojang already, but I don't remember my password and Microsoft won't send me an email to reset it when I follow all the...
  8. I am trying to migrate my Mojang account post-migration but it says I am not elligible and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to migrate my Mojang account post-migration but it says I am not elligible and...: I have tried multiple times but It just wont let me migrate. I have even tried making new microsoft account and that still doesn't work. It says something like "It seems you are not elligible"...
  9. mojang account migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mojang account migration: I migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account although apparently the account doesn't own Minecraft. What can I do? f8aca8c1-debd-43bb-9d42-0f56c8971d51
  10. Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...: A couple years back I wanted to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. When I did I tied a gmail account an outlook account, but the outlook account already was used for a Mojang...