I lost xbox storage space because of the new update HELP

Discus and support I lost xbox storage space because of the new update HELP in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had 800 gb of storage left on my xbox one external storage device and when i got home i had to download the new xbox one dashboard update. After the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Guccie Twinkie, Oct 12, 2017.

1. I lost xbox storage space because of the new update HELP

I had 800 gb of storage left on my xbox one external storage device and when i got home i had to download the new xbox one dashboard update. After the update I only have 9.6 gb worth of space in total. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE.

:)

Guccie Twinkie, Oct 12, 2017
  2. tekeia24
    tekeia24 Guest
    Xbox wont let me sign in says I have no storage but I have more than enough (xbox 360 new update)

Xbox 360 has a new update that is required, and it says, "If you decline, you won't be able to connect to Xbox Live until you take the update...". Now I have tried to update it multiple times, but it wont let me because it says, "You don't have enough
    storage space to take this update. Please connect an Xbox 360 storage device with at least 190 MB free space." I have a storage in my Xbox 360 hardware drive, and I had over 30 GB left which is more than enough to update the system. I tried to access my storage,
    but when I do it says, "No storage devices found.", which is bogus because its in my Xbox 360 system. I'm kinda *** either way because they wont let me sign in, and then on top of that won't me access my storage at all because I think its linked with my Xbox
    Live. My internet connection is perfectly fine by the way.

tekeia24, Oct 12, 2017
  3. my xbox 360 console wont let me sign in and my hard drive deleted storage after some updates

I am having this exact problem as above. All saved apps are deleted and it says I don't have enough storage space for the update. I'm completely disabled, the Xbox is 1 year old has full storage space but won't update. Help!

WaxiestManatee4, Oct 12, 2017
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

Firstly I would open my games and apps and at the top you should see an option of storage device just check and make sure this is set to show all storage.

If this does not help it is possible that your console has not seen your external hard is connected can you please try and disconnect the external hard drive and restart the console by pressing the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the guide and
    select settings and restart the console. Once the console has restarted and loaded the dashboard reconnect the hard drive.

gds1972, Oct 12, 2017
  5. Unplug and plug your external HDD back in, this will force it to refresh. One of the last updates causes this (other people have reported it)

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Nov 1, 2018
  6. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Unplug and plug your external HDD back in, this will force it to refresh. One of the last updates causes this (other people have reported it)
  7. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Firstly I would open my games and apps and at the top you should see an option of storage device just check and make sure this is set to show all storage.

If this does not help it is possible that your console has not seen your external hard is connected can you please try and disconnect the external hard drive and restart the console by pressing the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the guide and
    select settings and restart the console. Once the console has restarted and loaded the dashboard reconnect the hard drive.
  8. WaxiestManatee4 Win User

my xbox 360 console wont let me sign in and my hard drive deleted storage after some updates

I am having this exact problem as above. All saved apps are deleted and it says I don't have enough storage space for the update. I'm completely disabled, the Xbox is 1 year old has full storage space but won't update. Help!
  9. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

Lost storage space

Plug in your external harddrive into a pc and check to see if it there in not you can wipe the harddrive.
  10. schnurren Win User

Lost storage space

Hello Dop3 Knivez,

That behaviour sure looks strange regarding the External Storage sounds strange.

But from these 354GBs you are telling us, I imagine you have an original XBox One 500GBs, true?

If that is the case, no one stole 354GBs, Xbox needs some space for all the things that needs to do.

By "reset my xbox completely" you meant a Factory Reset?

In case you don't, I would recommend doing one ( https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults )
    , and formatting your external hard drive (as maybe something was corrupted in there). You will need to redownload everything, but at least if you are able to have a game downloaded to it, that is good enough.

Also, maybe your external drive is defectve or dying, if the drive keeps doing weird stuff, start thinking in aquiring a new one.
Thema:

1. I lost xbox storage space because of the new update HELP - Similar Threads - lost storage space

2. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  3. Lost or Stolen Xbox One

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost or Stolen Xbox One: We travelled as a family and packed up most of our stuff to be left in storage. On our return same as the Goldilocks and the Bears, things were missing or moved. My Son's Xbox was one of them and...
  4. I lost my Xbox series x controller

in XboX Insiders
    I lost my Xbox series x controller: My parents hid my controller back in January and I have been using my Xbox one controller since then I remembered that they took it and I asked them to get it for me they went to go find it and...
  5. I lost my founders cape on bedrock, is there a way i can get it back?

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my founders cape on bedrock, is there a way i can get it back?: I logged into my bedrock account the other day and went to make a new character, I usually use the golden creeper founder cape. When i went to make select the cape the golden creeper cape was no...
  6. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  7. I have a reoccurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft every month on a lost account,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a reoccurring bill on my bank account from Microsoft every month on a lost account,...: The account with the recurring bill is lost. I have no access to the email or number. I am looking for a way to regain access to the account. I've submitted numerous forms to try and regain...
  8. Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello I lost my secondary v buck code. How do I retrieve it?: How do I retrieve my secondary v bucks code? ee52380d-ec5c-4630-bff3-8029b2263b49
  9. Lost old Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost old Xbox account: I have “lost” my old Xbox account. I say lost because I had to make a new one after I bought the Xbox series x. I tried to move it and some where along the way I couldn’t log I. To the account and...
  10. Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.: I am not insider, but, I think this is the appropriate place to ask technically problems? I am in LA area, a few days ago, I noticed my wish list is empty. I am pretty sure I didn't remove it...