I lost my old gamertag and cannot change it back

Discus and support I lost my old gamertag and cannot change it back in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Before I type more I want it to be known I have contacted support multiple times and the one solution I have been told is use this feature. I used to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by shadowhawk805, Nov 7, 2021.

1. I lost my old gamertag and cannot change it back

Before I type more I want it to be known I have contacted support multiple times and the one solution I have been told is use this feature.

I used to have the gamertag Yephos for a good amount of time then me and my friends decided to do an inside joke and change out gamertags. I planned to change it back a month or so. I go to change my name back to Yephos and it says 'Something went wrong" "An error has occured" or " This gamertag is not available". It was not a long period of time I did not have the name so I was confused. I learned that the new gamertag system got rid of old gamertags on new accounts. I really wish for me to be able to re-use my gamertag because it is what my entire brand is built on and what all my friends know me as. The name feels attached to me and it is odd not having my long time name. Im pretty sure this is my only chance to get my old name back hoping for the best I lost my old gamertag and cannot change it back :)

Thank you for reading

:)

shadowhawk805, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

No idea. Like I've said, it's not uncommon for them to give wrong information. Usually it's when it's something they don't handle directly or don't exactly know how to handle. They used to send people to the forums for free gamertag changes, but we're just regular gamers and couldn't do anything like that anyway.
  3. shadowhawk805 Win User

Thats weird than why did 3 different people tell me? This is unfortunate if so
  4. pokemonlover baby Win User

same thing happened to me, it was in the character limit it just wont give me it back smh
  5. shadowhawk805 Win User

Yes correct however i can get it back if someone higher up re enables it for me since it is an old gamertag
  6. Nursemorph Win User

The following comes up for that particular username:

"This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one"

That usually indicates that it is not allowed for whatever reason rather than it already being in use
Thema:

1. I lost my old gamertag and cannot change it back - Similar Threads - lost old gamertag

2. Lost old Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost old Xbox account: I have “lost” my old Xbox account. I say lost because I had to make a new one after I bought the Xbox series x. I tried to move it and some where along the way I couldn’t log I. To the account and...
  3. How to log into old roblox account with lost email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to log into old roblox account with lost email: I need my old roblox account and I forgot my password too it my friend in real life that i grew up with still has it added and I would like too login too the account if you have any information...
  4. Automatically switched minecraft usernames and now I've lost the old user's inventory with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Automatically switched minecraft usernames and now I've lost the old user's inventory with...: Been playing actively for two weeks, and launched a couple days ago to find that the java launcher was asking for a new username. I closed and restarted in an attempt to avoid it, but it...
  5. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  6. i lost my email and password for my old xbox account and i only know the gamertag .

in XBoX Accessibility
    i lost my email and password for my old xbox account and i only know the gamertag .: the way i lost this account is it used to be on my old xbox 360 . my house got broken into one day and they stole my xbox and all electronics so i do not have any access to that account anymore ....
  7. Lost my old gamertag with old game purchases but I'm using a new gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost my old gamertag with old game purchases but I'm using a new gamertag: I had an old gamertag with game purchases that were associated with the microsoft account I currently use with my new gamertag. I'm trying to find this old gamertag so I can play those old...
  8. Lost my old GamerTag after I sold my old console and can't recover

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost my old GamerTag after I sold my old console and can't recover: Hello, I can't recover my old GamerTag: MrPeachyPenguin. I can't figure out what email it's associated with, and I jsut bought a new Xbox Series X and created a new GamerTag, but I want my old...
  9. Lost my old microsoft account 4 years ago and want my gamertag now back.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Lost my old microsoft account 4 years ago and want my gamertag now back.: Four years ago i played minecraft on my smartphone with the gamertag . after that i switched my smartphone and had a new e-mail. Can you just delete my old account or tell me how my e-mail adress...
  10. How to Keep old Gamertag on new email account, when old email account lost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Keep old Gamertag on new email account, when old email account lost?: Hi, hope someone can help? I haven't played my Xbox 360 for couple years, the email I had linked to teh account is now not accessible. However when I log onto my Xbox 360 the Gamertag is still...