I know it has ended but will Microsoft ever renew the backwards compatibility program?

Discus and support I know it has ended but will Microsoft ever renew the backwards compatibility program? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; There's alot of great games that was not made backwards compatible 31bb8b5d-7c8d-4881-a633-f0c5049587cf Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fleegle Beagle, Oct 26, 2022.

1. I know it has ended but will Microsoft ever renew the backwards compatibility program?

There's alot of great games that was not made backwards compatible

:)

Fleegle Beagle, Oct 26, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

I know it has ended but will Microsoft ever renew the backwards compatibility program?

Unless they announce something, we have no way of knowing.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

I believe the specific statement made was “they had reached the end of their ability to bring games over due to both legal and technical limitations.”

In other words the games that haven’t come I haven’t come because either they’re contractually blocked from doing so, or there is something that does not allow them to function with the tools that allow for these games to be ported to the current consoles

Any game based on any form of intellectual property such as sports, movies, or music is unlikely ever to return due to thr expense except as a full remaster, as the expense of renewing the licenses will not be recouped. This includes games that have licensed popular music in the background
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Is there a way i could request them to bring it back
    From what i understand they reason the backwards compatibility program ended was mostly due to licensing and legal restraints.
  5. Fleegle Beagle Win User

Is there a way i could request them to bring it back
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Bring back lost planet 2

You would have to reach out to the developers of the game to share your ideas of backwards compatibility as Microsoft has ended the backward compatibility voting program.
Thema:

1. I know it has ended but will Microsoft ever renew the backwards compatibility program? - Similar Threads - has ended Microsoft

2. Forza Horizon 3 has end of life for PC. And no longer available in Microsoft Store. Can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 has end of life for PC. And no longer available in Microsoft Store. Can I...: I am still willing to pay for the standard version of the game even if it is out of support. My PC has integrated graphics and cannot run Forza horizon 4 very well. Looking online, The only way to...
  3. 24 hr communications ban has ended but game chat still unavailable

in XBoX on Windows
    24 hr communications ban has ended but game chat still unavailable: I was banned from all Xbox live communications for 24 hrs. The ban has since been completed. All my other communications seem to be working, I.e. messaging, party chat, etc.. However whenever I...
  4. username suffix at the end of name even though no one else has this username.

in XBoX Accessibility
    username suffix at the end of name even though no one else has this username.: So I changed my username to garfXB, even though no one else is using this username, it stills has numbers at the end of it. Why is this? 82b62238-9e55-4ffd-9873-7e4c4a42bbb2
  5. Black ops Cold War “trial has ended“ error is still happening

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black ops Cold War “trial has ended“ error is still happening: I purchased a redeem code from game stop prior to the launch of COD black ops Cold War Period game has run fine until the December 15 update and I haven’t been able to get it to play cents. I’ve...
  6. Unable to play..."Black Ops: Cold War Trial Has Ended" message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play..."Black Ops: Cold War Trial Has Ended" message: Hi, I was hit by the "Blackout Trial has ended" bug for a week. Now a new one Black Ops: Cold War Trial Has Ended" message does the same thing. Cannot play the game in any way. Please provide...
  7. New "cold war trial has ended bug" SERIOUSLY

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New "cold war trial has ended bug" SERIOUSLY: [img] [img] one bug gets fixed and another pops up..I have the full version,been a week since I've been able to play..this is getting really ridiculous..the work around was no help, uninstalled...
  8. Have game on disc but won't let me play. Says my trial has ended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have game on disc but won't let me play. Says my trial has ended: Before I bought UFC 4, I downloaded the trial. Well now that I have installed the game on two separate occasions it keeps telling me my free trial has expired and keeps trying to direct me to the...
  9. Missing Rewards points and Microsoft Rewards Support has had a "problem on our end" for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing Rewards points and Microsoft Rewards Support has had a "problem on our end" for a...: I am missing 6000 points I should have received for pre-ordering COD Cold War. THEN, when I go to the Microsoft Support page to submit a support request, I type everything in, only to be told...
  10. Uninstall Xbox Game Pass game after subscription has ended (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Uninstall Xbox Game Pass game after subscription has ended (PC): How can I uninstall a game that I downloaded from Xbox Game Pass for PC after the subscription has ended? The game does not get found under "Apps" > "Apps & Features" in Settings and can neither...