I keep getting a black screen come on and off periodically while my console is connected to...

Discus and support I keep getting a black screen come on and off periodically while my console is connected to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a new Acer ED240Q 1080p 166hz gaming monitor for my Xbox Series X but it keeps flashing a black screen on and off every 5 minutes and is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ItzBizzmo, Jan 21, 2023.

1. ItzBizzmo
    ItzBizzmo Guest

I keep getting a black screen come on and off periodically while my console is connected to...

I just bought a new Acer ED240Q 1080p 166hz gaming monitor for my Xbox Series X but it keeps flashing a black screen on and off every 5 minutes and is very annoying. I fiddled around with all the settings on the monitor and on the console and I can’t figure out what the problem is.. I called Acer support and they said it was because the hdmi Port on the monitor is hdmi 2.0 and the Series X requires 2.1.. but that doesn’t make sense because it still should work even with hdmi 2.0.. if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!

:)

ItzBizzmo, Jan 21, 2023
  2. ElrondsEyebrows Win User

I keep getting a black screen come on and off periodically while my console is connected to my monitor.

I have an Acer XV252Q monitor, and I was having the same problem. What fixed it for me was I went under Settings > TV & display options > Video Modes. I unticked the “Allow HDR10” (and made sure the “Auto HDR” was unchecked). Turning of the 4K option might help to if that causes any issues. So far so good, no black screen since ticking off those boxes.
  3. Dericka Win User

I keep getting a black screen come on and off periodically while my console is connected to my monitor.

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to use different HDMI cable and check if it will work? Thanks!
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox one x

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you getting black screen when console is turned on. You can try the

guide for blank screen
    and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Krakoos Win User

Xbox One X - manufacturer fault report

Hi ,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. We recommend trying the
    black screen guide
    . As for a report being its manufacturer there is no way to tell if this is the case. You can also try an

offline update

Thanks,

Brad
    Thanks for quick reply.

The black screen guide I performed about 20 times already. I've tried 5 different hdmi cables, connected to 3 different TV's.

This happened during The Apex Legends Season 2 installation. My screen started flickering, and I couldn't play, so I turned it off. Next day the problem persisted and after couple of minutes TV lost signal completely with my console. I keep trying evrything.

If it's the update case how can I wipe off my Xbox without video signal?
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox won't turn on

Hello Cloud,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you getting a blank screen when powering on the console. There is a

troubleshoot guide
    for black screen to hopefully get you back up and running. Try it out and let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. I keep getting a black screen come on and off periodically while my console is connected to... - Similar Threads - keep getting black

2. Why do i keep getting banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i keep getting banned?: Im putting ups lfg for fallout 76 trying to sell items from my in game vendors, and i keep getting banned for it, why? What is going on with yalls moderation. Ive been banned for 2 days on 3...
  3. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  4. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  5. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  6. My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB

in XBoX on Windows
    My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB: When i try to doenload a version of minecraft, it keep getting stuck at 59.82MB , my friends guve me a vode and when i try to do it, it keep getting stuck there, plss help...
  7. Xbox button keeps spamming can I get help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox button keeps spamming can I get help: My Xbox one pair button keeps thinking I’m pressing it and keeps making the beeping noise is there anyway to fix it 6cb6a467-2a1b-4e21-a04e-95ea47f2e493
  8. Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?: So I just started playing a new game on my Xbox, which works perfectly fine when I play it on my TV or another monitor, but for some reason when I load up a game on this monitor via my Xbox I keep...
  9. Xbox won't load menu I keep getting a black screen after it does the hello (input gamertag)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't load menu I keep getting a black screen after it does the hello (input gamertag)...: Xbox won't load menu I get the green loading screen and then it does the (hello (input name) prompt but after that it's just a black screen does anyone know what I can do to get this fixed...
  10. Keep getting signed out when I attempt to play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep getting signed out when I attempt to play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3: I keep getting signed out whenever I try to play black ops 2 and MW3 on series X. No other game does this but those two and i have been unable to find a fix. I have tried every fix I could find,...