I keep being asked for parental consent despite my age

Discus and support I keep being asked for parental consent despite my age in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I input my age to be over 18 years old. I was playing Forza Horizon 4, attemping to use the auction house aswell as the skins thing. It wouldn't let... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AndreasBraias, Apr 10, 2021.

1. I keep being asked for parental consent despite my age

I input my age to be over 18 years old. I was playing Forza Horizon 4, attemping to use the auction house aswell as the skins thing. It wouldn't let me, something over parental consent.

I consulted the web to find answers and all related to "Ask your parents to remove you from the microsoft family group". But we don't have one of those. I am locked out of these features for reasons unknown, has anyone got a solution?

:)

AndreasBraias, Apr 10, 2021
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

3. DrifterX22 Win User

Cannot change Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings to create and join clubs

This may be of help

parental consent?

Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

My gamer pic will not change

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    Remove.

5. DrifterX22 Win User

Parental Consent for an Adult

Solution

Remove.

6. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox game bar not letting me stream, thinks im on parental controls but im not.

Parental Consent Why you're being asked for parental consent

Solution

Remove.

Related Issues
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Definition of a Microsoft child account

A child's account no longer appears in your family on Xbox One
Thema:

1. I keep being asked for parental consent despite my age - Similar Threads - keep being asked

2. What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?: My Xbox will be slow and sometimes freeze up then turn off. But when I try to turn it back in the light on the system will turn on but wont be on the screen. I even got a better HDMI and it didn't...
  3. Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from the xbox with the light on it being on. Any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller keeps disconnecting from the xbox with the light on it being on. Any...: - Xbox controller would disconnect from the Xbox with the light on, blink twice, and then reconnect. - Usually happens every 15-20 seconds - Mainly happens around 12 am to 1am - Tried many...
  4. Why do my threads keep being deleted? Bit unreasonable that really.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do my threads keep being deleted? Bit unreasonable that really.: Stop deleting my threads. That’s so unreasonable. I don’t even get chance to see the answers. Deleting my threads isn’t an answer. I have NOT even made duplicate threads....
  5. Xbox keeps wanting me to relink Discord despite being already linked.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox keeps wanting me to relink Discord despite being already linked.: I need help, my xbox one is saying I need to relink my Discord account despite already being linked and even after unlinking and relinking the accounts Xbox is still requiring me to relink my...
  6. What is Rise? Why does this app keep on being connected to my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is Rise? Why does this app keep on being connected to my account?: As of the time of this writing I have changed my password hoping that this wouldn't occur again, apparently an app called Rise has been connected to my account for at least 4 times now despite my...
  7. Locked out of xbox account and my recovery forms keep being denied

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of xbox account and my recovery forms keep being denied: I recently tried logging into my Xbox account and found that it had been locked and required me to verify it was me using a phone number which no longer exists. As that was impossible, I tried...
  8. Account hacked password keeps being reset and an old phone keeps signing in even tho I’ve...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked password keeps being reset and an old phone keeps signing in even tho I’ve...: I believe my account keeps being compromised by an old phone no. Not sure how because I’ve removed the no. From my account and other devices ddc28e34-05f4-439b-9867-5b42649b8590
  9. When adding an account I keep being asked for console pin. No idea what this is please can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When adding an account I keep being asked for console pin. No idea what this is please can...: Hi, I am trying to add an account to my Xbox one but it keeps telling ‘ this action requires the access pin that was set for this console. Using your control remote, enter your 6-digit pin.’ How...
  10. ​buy a card for 50 dollars and I lost it I only keep the invoice it will be blocked or ask ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ​buy a card for 50 dollars and I lost it I only keep the invoice it will be blocked or ask ...: buy a card for 50 dollars and I lost it I only keep the invoice it will be blocked or ask for new 33cc7d6b-a01b-477e-b907-de72e9d7a8f6