I just made an XBOX One account and used the Live Gold card i got for christmas. My account...

Discus and support I just made an XBOX One account and used the Live Gold card i got for christmas. My account... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have several other accounts already on my xbox one, but i dont use them. (they are out of the question as the accounts are all lost) I just made a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GregSchwab1, Jan 12, 2020.

1. GregSchwab1
    GregSchwab1 Guest

I just made an XBOX One account and used the Live Gold card i got for christmas. My account...

I have several other accounts already on my xbox one, but i dont use them. (they are out of the question as the accounts are all lost)

I just made a new one, wanting to get back into XBOX gaming and i had it all set up and the first game i try to play is Minecraft but im told that it is "above my content" I have been at this for several hours (NOT an exaggeration) and i am LITERALLY at
    the point of rage, like i am so incredibly mad because i have been trying and trying to follow the steps given. It says to "change your childs xbox privacy settings" (just by hearing that its calling me a child is infuriating enough) by using a parent account.
    Okay so i made the parent account. I attempt to sign in to the parent account to find where My "Childs" gamertag is, but the instructions weren't clear so i wasted a large sum of time trying to find this. I CONSTANTLY was Redirected over and over and over
    and over again, and even more so told to "Verify" my account. I eventually found my way to the support section and saw that a "Xbox Ambassador" had told someone how to fix this and realized i had been wasting my time. I did the steps where you use the "Adult"
    account to reset the "Childs" account information but every time was stopped and told to either verify or google itself would say that I had been redirected too many times and then it would refuse to load the site. I am stuck trying to use the "adult" account
    to change the settings because i cant even get to the part where i change the settings as the site wont load. (And YES i have cleared my cookies and LOST my passwords to a variety of different sites in the process) and i would LOVE to just give up but i spent
    a LOT of money on this console and the games and would really prefer not to waste it. I must say that this has been one of the WORST console experiences ive ever had. Come on Microsoft, its 2020 this type of thing should not be happening. I don't know how
    long its going to take for someone to respond to this but i really hope that its today or tomorrow. And if you see this and dont really know what youre talking about, dont respond please. I really could use some help though. Thank you.

:)

GregSchwab1, Jan 12, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

I just made an XBOX One account and used the Live Gold card i got for christmas. My account for some reason is apparently a child account. I am NOT a child

If you're redirected a lot, it might be because you have Script- or Ad-Blocking add-ons in your browser.

Try to (temporarily) disable all add-ons on your browser, clear the cache, and for good measure open an In-Private or Incognito Browser window. If necessary, try a different browser (e.g. if you're using Chrome, try Firefox or Opera and vice versa, or if
    you're running Windows 10,
    try the Chromium based Edge
    instead of the "built in" Edge).

Then go to
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
    and sign in with your ADULT PARENT account.

On the family website, make sure you added your child account to the family.

After the child account was added, go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    and sign in with the ADULT PARENT account again.

Select your child account, and set up the online and privacy settings accordingly. Make sure you save your changes before you move to the next category ("Xbox One/Windows 10" "Xbox 360" etc.).

After you made and saved the necessary changes, sign out of your child account on the console and sign back in. Now you should be able to play.
  3. bowski477 Win User

I just made an XBOX One account and used the Live Gold card i got for christmas. My account for some reason is apparently a child account. I am NOT a child

An account is automatically made as a child account when the date of birth is under the age of 17. This date of birth cannot be changed once entered. Did you enter the date of birth correctly? The only way to promote a child account is for it to reach the
    age of 17. Until that time the parent account will have control of the settings.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one
  4. TwirlyPuppet36 Win User

Created an xbox live account but...

I created an offline account when I first got my xbox and I just tried to turn it into an xbox live account, but when I was trying to turn my offline account into a live account it turned another person's offline account into a live account and not mine.
    Without knowing this, I used my gift card for a membership onto their account. Now they have an xbox live gold membership, not me. I want to know if I can change it to where I have the xbox live gold membership, and not them.
  5. SolemnLlama33 Win User

How to purchase using redeemed account credit?

Why can't I use the the credit that is on my account? I redeemed an Xbox card I got for Christmas and I can't make a purchase.
  6. Btogamez2 Win User

Just a Question.

I have 2 xbox live accounts 1 with gold and 1 without it. I bought a 4000 microsoft points card but my sister made a mistake and used the card points with the xbox live account without gold. I think i only need a 2 day trial to download the zombies map once
    the zombies map is in the console i will be able to play it with my gold account. Because i can play nuketown 2025 multiplayer map with my non gold account. I hope im right. Sorry for my english :(
Thema:

1. I just made an XBOX One account and used the Live Gold card i got for christmas. My account... - Similar Threads - made account used

2. i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...: i already restarted my game but it still shows the old account a8a1b4d4-3953-4f36-b512-574e658c7f12
  3. My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...: My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund? eba99bf0-a833-4cdc-844b-1228486113ac
  4. If I made a epic games account with xbox, how do I login to the epic account made with it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I made a epic games account with xbox, how do I login to the epic account made with it...: I have been using epic games to play fortnite for a while. When I first played fortnite in 2019, it was through my xbox and my epic account was linked to it. I don't know the account's email...
  5. Can I transfer my gf's Hogwarts legacy character she made on my account to the new account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer my gf's Hogwarts legacy character she made on my account to the new account...: Firstly, we don't live together. I gave her my Xbox one after I upgraded to a series x. She loves HL and is further than I am! We have been sharing my account and it's been hard given we both have...
  6. my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...: 9 days ago my friend was playing on the Xbox with me and all of a sudden his account got banned and so did his Xbox, a few days later both him and his sister got new Xbox’s for early Christmas but...
  7. I've made a new account on xbox and I already has some friends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've made a new account on xbox and I already has some friends.: Hello I've made a new account because I have lost my other one and when I went to friend my friends back I saw something weird. First I saw that I already had two friends one I didn't know and the...
  8. my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used...: my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used before and now I don't have any of my purchases and can't access that account the account has changed...
  9. I made my Roblox account on xbox one and used the gamertag option to make it and want to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I made my Roblox account on xbox one and used the gamertag option to make it and want to...: I remember making my Xbox gamertag/ Xbox account my Roblox account and I don’t know if it was made into a actual Roblox account. I’m afraid if I unlink it from my Xbox account I won’t be able to...
  10. How do i log into my epic account if i made it using my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i log into my epic account if i made it using my xbox account?: I am trying to play Fortnite on my PC but I want to use the account from my Xbox I tried logging in using the sign in using xbox live option but it told me to make a new account I've tried signing...