I just got a Xbox series s and when I'm downloading a game I get full speeds 100 Mbps but...

Discus and support I just got a Xbox series s and when I'm downloading a game I get full speeds 100 Mbps but... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I download a game on my Xbox series s I get full speeds 100Mbs but when I play a game the speed of the game installing goes down to like 6Mbs. How... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joseph Mowery, Apr 7, 2023.

1. I just got a Xbox series s and when I'm downloading a game I get full speeds 100 Mbps but...

When I download a game on my Xbox series s I get full speeds 100Mbs but when I play a game the speed of the game installing goes down to like 6Mbs. How can I fix this issue

:)

Joseph Mowery, Apr 7, 2023
  2. taidara Win User

Slow Download speeds for Xbox Series S

I’ve been noticing very slow download speeds on my Xbox Series S. I have a fibre network connection, and ran a speedtest showing around 950 MBps download and 950 MBps upload. When i download a game or app on Xbox, that number drops to around 50-100 MBps. It sometimes gets to 350-400, but it’s rare. Are the microsoft servers just slow?
    Where did you perform the througput test? On your Xbox?
  3. Achievements452 Win User

my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with Ethernet, any way to speed up downloads?

still dont download any faster than 20 Mbps, if i was on my Series X, usually downloads games over 100 Mbps at least, and I have a 200 Mbps with ethernet speed
  4. decu68 Win User

Host & Lag

Goodin82, in this day and age 8 mbps is not a good connection for gaming and I'm sure dropping to 6 mbps doesn't help none either. While I have played at those speeds years ago and did just fine, with everybody now receiving much higher speeds from their
    providers, you are now competing with this.

I remember playing Quake and such online using dial up; everybody was on a pretty level playing field. Then cable was introduced and those of us on dial up were getting crushed. This I believe is the case for you perhaps.

I currently am playing at 50 mbps though I did trial the 100 mbps but did not notice anything too different for gaming just for downloads and such. At 50 mbps I can still download and upload things and my daughter can stream tv and movies without effecting
    me. I would however notice it from time to time on 15 mbps when I had this type of speed.

My provider has 1, 7.5, 25, 50 and 100 mbps but recommends if gaming online to get at least the 25 mbps. Again with more and more people moving to higher speeds, this may affect you.
  5. Skyrider Y Win User

Short Question, is it worth to use Network Cable Connection ?

I used my router until last year, i usually got 60 mbps of download speeds, BUT when i installed a direct cable to the router, i got the full 150 mbps of my data plan, totally worth it. Also, no lag.
  6. stanlyko25 Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC

and what about downloading speed? always 100-300kb/s omg!! i have 6mb/s connection everything else downloading 6mb/s full speed and this..... 100-300kb lol
Thema:

I just got a Xbox series s and when I'm downloading a game I get full speeds 100 Mbps but...

1. I just got a Xbox series s and when I'm downloading a game I get full speeds 100 Mbps but... - Similar Threads - got series I'm

2. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  3. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  4. I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got: I need a refund on a Xbox I never got 4cf1c754-9f95-40fb-951a-985fd29dbbae
  5. My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One: Last night and the night before, my controller started randomly disconnecting every few minutes and now won't connect to my Xbox at all unless it's plugged in. This controller is a replacement...
  6. I just got an Xbox Series S and need some help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an Xbox Series S and need some help: I am currently trying to play games on my new Xbox Series S but each time I try playing a game it doesn't work because quick resume is enabled and when I try to disable the feature on those games...
  7. Hello, I just got an xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I just got an xbox series s.: . When I logged into it, I was put into a cloud gaming beta Xbox home screen. I'm not sure how to get back to a normal Xbox screen, I have been trying for days now. Please let me know if there is...
  8. I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...: Is there any way of me trying to fix this problem. It’s not a hardware issue at all it’s a brand new series X console. a0ee6023-059f-4c37-8e25-79060bed293c
  9. I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...: Just switch the the series s and had no problem on my old Xbox until I signed into the new one now both of them will not let me join any chat. I’ve restarted the consoles I’ve re linked my account...
  10. From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...

in XBoX on Windows
    From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...: Paddles for Xbox elite series 2 from design lab ea2976b5-08ec-49a9-8180-86137aa7be05