I just got a new headset and its microphone isn't working no matter what I trywhat I try

Discus and support I just got a new headset and its microphone isn't working no matter what I trywhat I try in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Earlier today I got a new headset to use with my Xbox One X, a RIG 700 PRO HX, and I can hear things just fine, but I'm having no luck trying to get... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RBG690, Nov 2, 2022.

1. RBG690
    RBG690 Guest

I just got a new headset and its microphone isn't working no matter what I trywhat I try

Earlier today I got a new headset to use with my Xbox One X, a RIG 700 PRO HX, and I can hear things just fine, but I'm having no luck trying to get the microphone to work, I'm not sure why it isn't working either. There's also not a whole lot of things suggesting how to fix this when I tried looking, but I'll take any advice since I've run out of leads.

:)

RBG690, Nov 2, 2022
  2. RBG690 Win User

It's a wireless headset, and I only have one controller. I got this headset since my last one got damaged after years of use, and this new headset connects to my Xbox just fine, it's the headset's microphone that isn't working. Plus this headset is quite different than my previous one, which was a Turtle Beach Stealth 600, so I'm not sure if I can isolate anything.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RBG690

Is this a wireless or wired headset?

If it's wired and if you have more than one controller, did you tried connecting the headset to a different controller?

Also, are you able to test with a different headset to see if something change?

This helps to isolate a bit more the problem.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, if the other headset is working flawlessly yes
    In this case you may need to reach the manufacturer

Make sure to let them know that another headset mic works fine with your console
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If you're able to test the other headset. Join to a party and verify if the mic works there / the people can hear you.

Also, can be a bit dumb , but just to confirm make sure that you don't have an active enforcement action in your account
    https://enforcement.xbox.com/
  6. RBG690 Win User

In that case, I'll test my previous headset because I think it still works, I'd rather not go through the effort of replacing the headset before seeing if it's necessary. What should I do or be looking for?
Thema:

1. I just got a new headset and its microphone isn't working no matter what I trywhat I try - Similar Threads - got headset microphone

2. I got an Astro A20 Headset and I can’t get it to work with my Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got an Astro A20 Headset and I can’t get it to work with my Xbox.: When I’m in a party with it I can’t hear people talk to me and I can’t speak to them. I can hear game and menu sounds. It shows me in party overlay so I don’t think the mic is broken. It says...
  3. Xbox wireless headset just got an update. Where can I find the details?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset just got an update. Where can I find the details?: I couldn't find it in the insider patch notes submitted by /u/gimel182 [link] [comments]
  4. Just got an update for the MS wireless headset.

in XboX Insiders
    Just got an update for the MS wireless headset.: Anyone know what it did? submitted by /u/JamesDax61 [link] [comments]
  5. Got the new razor kaira pro headset and I updated the firmware straight out of the box but...

in XboX Insiders
    Got the new razor kaira pro headset and I updated the firmware straight out of the box but...: Got the new razor kaira pro headset and I updated the firmware straight out of the box but noticed yesterday that when I try to turn on Xbox with the elite 2 it didn’t want to sync and I had to...
  6. I just got a new headset, but now I can't hear others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a new headset, but now I can't hear others.: Other people can hear me, but I can't hear them. I've tried everything, resetting my XBox, Nat type, it's not muted, my social thing is set to adult, and i've tried using other headsets. Nothing...
  7. Perfect Record but 2 week Comm ban! i didnt play at all this weekend and we just got a headset ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Perfect Record but 2 week Comm ban! i didnt play at all this weekend and we just got a headset ...: So my kids play dead by daylight and i see a bunch of comments in my inbox saying "Reported for camping ***!" and i just chalk it up to salty players. I have heard the DBD community is pretty...
  8. I've got banned for texting and headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've got banned for texting and headset: can someone Tell me for how long I cant text or speak with te headset. I have been banned by Microsoft for talking bad I Guess. Its the second time the first time it only took 24hr and rhen I...
  9. Has anyone on PC got the voice chat to remain in your headset while using Xbox Live party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone on PC got the voice chat to remain in your headset while using Xbox Live party chat?: With some fiddling I was able to remove the game audio from my headset only and setup my mic. I am using a Windows 10 PC and the Xbox 360 controller for windows and the headset plugged in there....
  10. I just got a headset and was using that using the mic on the Xbox Kinect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a headset and was using that using the mic on the Xbox Kinect.: I want to know how I could change the default mic to my headset and if it is possible to use the mic on both sources. c3706a81-6e56-4dbc-8349-3a244ded1384