I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do?

Discus and support I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a $25 Card because there wasn't any 3-month memberships at the store and just found that you can't buy live with it...help?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Its Spry, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Its Spry
    Its Spry Guest

I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do?

I just bought a $25 Card because there wasn't any 3-month memberships at the store and just found that you can't buy live with it...help?

:)

Its Spry, Oct 11, 2017
  2. ScooterT12
    ScooterT12 Guest
    Skip credit card when buying game

I got a $5.00 gift card from using Bing rewards, and I found Pac Man for $4.99. When I clicked purchase, I was asked to enter a credit card. Since I don't need to pay anything, is there a way I could bypass this and just use the gift card?

ScooterT12, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Buying original Xbox or Xbox 360 games with account credit

I bought $75 worth of gift cards for Xbox Live and come to find out I can't use those gift cards to purchase original Xbox or Xbox 360 games from the marketplace. Is there a reason for this? Why can I only use that credit to buy Xbox One games?

FromHeroes2Dust, Oct 11, 2017
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

if you read the card you would've found that out

You cannot buy memberships with any gift cards on any online service

ngocphi, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    If you've already redeemed the card on your account, there's nothing you can do. If you haven't redeemed it, you could try taking it back to the retailer you purchased it from.

Smwutches, Nov 1, 2018
  6. ngocphi Win User

if you read the card you would've found that out

You cannot buy memberships with any gift cards on any online service
  7. Smwutches Win User

If you've already redeemed the card on your account, there's nothing you can do. If you haven't redeemed it, you could try taking it back to the retailer you purchased it from.
  8. Neo Norseman Win User

My Gift Card does not work

As far as i know you can't purchase subscriptions with gift card balance, you need a PayPal or Credit/debit card, as the purchase is a reoccurring one. You can also purchase gift cards specificly for live and game pass, just a heads up.
  9. Habenero Win User

MSP Phasing out Time Table and process

how do you mean goo? you use can cash to buy subs, not points now?

Just realised, you may mean using gift cards to buy subs. I can't see why not, it'll just be like a gift card so should be able to use it for any purchases on Live.
  10. ItzCamzy Win User

XBox gift card code not readable

Hi,

Just a few questions to see if I can come up with some solutions to help you.

Is the whole code unreadable or just partly?

Did you purchase the gift card from a large retailer?

In these situations it’s very unlikely there is anything support will be able to do as there is no way of verifying the gift card other than it’s unique code.
Thema:

1. I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do? - Similar Threads - found can't purchase

2. What's going on with the xbox app I'm getting the we found your console but can't connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's going on with the xbox app I'm getting the we found your console but can't connect: This is getting ridiculous now like I can't play remote play at all 2be4ca10-9267-46f1-8e62-7a2f4c1526f4
  3. I can't enable Minecraft multiplayer, I thought I found the settings for it but that still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't enable Minecraft multiplayer, I thought I found the settings for it but that still...: I went to the Xbox settings and allowed all of the multiplayer permissions, but the Minecraft launcher still won't give me the option to play multiplayer? It just says to check Microsoft settings...
  4. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  5. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  6. Can't redeem gift code, says "code wasn't found"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem gift code, says "code wasn't found": Can't redeem gift code, says "code wasn't found" f480cf58-dadf-4672-b73e-e9ff833c836f
  7. "Found Xbox but can't connect" issue on Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Found Xbox but can't connect" issue on Windows 11: I just moved and was trying to use remote play on my windows 11 PC through my xbox series s. I've used it plenty in the past at my other apartment and it worked great! Now that I'm at my new place...
  8. got a new smart tv, going to Xbox thru tv app, but my old stored games can't be found ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    got a new smart tv, going to Xbox thru tv app, but my old stored games can't be found ?: got a new smart tv, going to Xbox thru tv app, but my old stored games can't be found when I sign in ? dd08658c-8e5d-4f3a-8cee-0cba04a10704
  9. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect - iOS 16/iPadOS 16

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect - iOS 16/iPadOS 16: This was a known issue apparently, and it got also fixed (or so Microsoft says). Well, it is definetely not fixed: I can't play remotely on my iPhone or iPad if connected to a Network different...
  10. Found my gamertag had changed - Can't change it back to original gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Found my gamertag had changed - Can't change it back to original gamertag: My gamertag on Xbox is and it has been since I made the account 15+ years ago. I've gone to sign in today and I've found it's now HappyPup9650271. I've tried changing it back to but I keep...