I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do?

Discus and support I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a $25 Card because there wasn't any 3-month memberships at the store and just found that you can't buy live with it...help?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Its Spry, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Its Spry
    Its Spry Guest

I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do?

I just bought a $25 Card because there wasn't any 3-month memberships at the store and just found that you can't buy live with it...help?

:)

Its Spry, Oct 11, 2017
  2. ScooterT12
    ScooterT12 Guest
    Skip credit card when buying game

I got a $5.00 gift card from using Bing rewards, and I found Pac Man for $4.99. When I clicked purchase, I was asked to enter a credit card. Since I don't need to pay anything, is there a way I could bypass this and just use the gift card?

ScooterT12, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Buying original Xbox or Xbox 360 games with account credit

I bought $75 worth of gift cards for Xbox Live and come to find out I can't use those gift cards to purchase original Xbox or Xbox 360 games from the marketplace. Is there a reason for this? Why can I only use that credit to buy Xbox One games?

FromHeroes2Dust, Oct 11, 2017
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

if you read the card you would've found that out

You cannot buy memberships with any gift cards on any online service

ngocphi, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    If you've already redeemed the card on your account, there's nothing you can do. If you haven't redeemed it, you could try taking it back to the retailer you purchased it from.

Smwutches, Nov 1, 2018
  6. ngocphi Win User

if you read the card you would've found that out

You cannot buy memberships with any gift cards on any online service
  7. Smwutches Win User

If you've already redeemed the card on your account, there's nothing you can do. If you haven't redeemed it, you could try taking it back to the retailer you purchased it from.
  8. Neo Norseman Win User

My Gift Card does not work

As far as i know you can't purchase subscriptions with gift card balance, you need a PayPal or Credit/debit card, as the purchase is a reoccurring one. You can also purchase gift cards specificly for live and game pass, just a heads up.
  9. mohamedDR Win User

Xbox gift cards

I just Bought a 10$ gift card and found out i cannot buy xbox live gold with it unless i have a credit card

but i don`t have a credit card

can you please make that happen?

xbox live cards are not available in my country.
  10. Habenero Win User

MSP Phasing out Time Table and process

how do you mean goo? you use can cash to buy subs, not points now?

Just realised, you may mean using gift cards to buy subs. I can't see why not, it'll just be like a gift card so should be able to use it for any purchases on Live.
Thema:

1. I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do? - Similar Threads - found can't purchase

2. Found my gamertag had changed - Can't change it back to original gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Found my gamertag had changed - Can't change it back to original gamertag: My gamertag on Xbox is and it has been since I made the account 15+ years ago. I've gone to sign in today and I've found it's now HappyPup9650271. I've tried changing it back to but I keep...
  3. MS flight simulator can't open because it cannot be found. the storage device might be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS flight simulator can't open because it cannot be found. the storage device might be...: For your reference: Case #: 1048563389 Created on: Thursday, January 12, 2023 9:41 AM Description: MS flight simulator can't open because it cannot be found. the storage... It all...
  4. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect: I've found many threads with this issue but none with an actual solution. Remote Play is set up correctly. Internet speeds are fine. Ports are open etc...I've tried everything I've found as a...
  5. Can't add my XBox One S to Google Home - no devices were found in your xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add my XBox One S to Google Home - no devices were found in your xbox account: Please help. I'm trying to setup my XBox One S to work with Google Home but it's saying there are no devices in my xbox account. It's definitely there and set as my Home xbox. I'm able to remotely...
  6. Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different...: I am trying to decipher what this means. My console connects fine on my iPad, but not on my iPhone since September What can I do to troubleshoot this? [img]...
  7. xbox series x/s nat type teredo can't be found

in XboX Insiders
    xbox series x/s nat type teredo can't be found: So This happened to my series x and s when I got home for some reason after my xboxes updated there is a glitch where it's saying I don't have a teredo however everything is still looking good...
  8. My elite controller series 2 can't be registered, it says the device serial can't be found....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite controller series 2 can't be registered, it says the device serial can't be found....: My elite controller series 2 can't be registered, it says the device serial can't be found. Anyone know why? fa4dfade-3f5a-46e4-bb0f-0070cc5cb198
  9. Family Safety: Option "Manage this child's access to third-party apps" can't be found

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Safety: Option "Manage this child's access to third-party apps" can't be found: Could you please provide exact instructions i.e. step-by-step, how we can find this option (Manage this child's access to third-party apps) in Family Safety. It's not available neither in...
  10. Can't Play Halo Master Chief. Getting the message "No COOKED content was found."

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Play Halo Master Chief. Getting the message "No COOKED content was found.": I'm having trouble with the Halo Master Chief Collection. I bought the PC version download. I don't have an Xbox, but we were told we could play it on the PC. Then I also bought the gamepass when...