I Hope Xbox Considers Adding an Option to Manually Sync Save Data

Discus and support I Hope Xbox Considers Adding an Option to Manually Sync Save Data in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox Series X is my first experience with gaming on Xbox. After a year of gaming on it, I find that my gaming style doesn't really work well with a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joe M_, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Joe M_
    Joe M_ Guest

Xbox Series X is my first experience with gaming on Xbox. After a year of gaming on it, I find that my gaming style doesn't really work well with a system that automatically syncs save data to the cloud.

Here's an example to show what I mean. How I played a game like Elden Ring on PS is I manually synced my save to the cloud just before fighting a boss. That way I could fight the boss as often as I want: trying different styles, taking no damage, etc. If I unintentionally kill the boss (e.g. an attack does more damage than I thought it would), I downloaded my previous save from the cloud no problem.

I play almost every game like that and for some narrative games (like Hellblade, The Medium, etc) you can accidentally trigger story progression while trying to find collectibles. An easy solution is to just download your old save from the cloud. Sometimes I just want to experience the opening cutscene/area of a game with my buddy and resume where I was after they leave... Or have my laptop and Xbox not share the same save file on Hades...

Having a playstyle like mine on Xbox and is a bit challenging. I have lost hours of Elden Ring progress after following some instructions I found on Reddit. I really love this system, and I especially love the controller (very comfortable), but it won't let me play the way I want.

I hope the team at Xbox considers adding a manual sync option. Save data is everything to people who play like me and a little control over what version of the file is on the console will be very much appreciated.

:)

Joe M_, Oct 20, 2022
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

3. _Kenny_ Win User

Game save data for Starfield on Cloud gaming

To start, I would recommend checking if your Xbox Live account is properly synced with your game save data. You can do this by going to the "Settings" menu on your Xbox console, selecting "System," and then "Storage." From there, you can check if your game save data is properly synced with your Xbox Live account.

If your game save data is not properly synced, you can try manually syncing it by going to the "Manage Game & Add-ons" option for Starfield and selecting "Saved Data." From there, you can select "Sync Now" to manually sync your game save data with your Xbox Live account.

Kind regards,

Mae Sev.

Microsoft Community Moderator
    There is no "Sync Now" option. At least not on my xbox.

It would be great if there was a fix for this issue as i have lost almost 50 hours progress and Sync issues still persist. For the record I have 1gb Internet speed with 0 issues. As suggested elsewhere I check my network connection and xbox reports all is good and no problems with any other game nor cloud gaming.
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

how come my New Xbox series erased my 360 data?

Did you manually sync your 360 save data to the cloud?
  5. UTIJenkins22 Win User

Starfield not syncing from PC > Laptop

All I did to fix mine was do a forced save and then sync the save data. It seems to not be syncing the autosave data. Try that, hope it helps.
  6. Dio773 Win User

Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC

3. Try manually syncing your saved games by going to the "Manage Game & Add-ons" section of Starfield on both your Xbox Series X and PC. From there, select "Saved Data" and then "Sync Now."

Those are not the menu options for the Windows Xbox app. When you open it you can see settings and files as the only two tabs within the pop-up window. Going to files gives only one option, which is to completely reset the game to fresh install status, which wipes save data. Please review and update. I have this same issue.
Thema:

1. I Hope Xbox Considers Adding an Option to Manually Sync Save Data - Similar Threads - Hope Considers Adding

2. somone plese help me with screen time this is my last hope before my xbox gose out a window.

in XBoX Accessibility
    somone plese help me with screen time this is my last hope before my xbox gose out a window.: i am the only person in my family but im set as a child and cant take my screen time away I've been dealing with this for 2 years can someone please help me. c8ecae20-d725-4110-bb78-feaa0757f91e
  3. I need to ask you a question? Hopefully you can help me.

in XBoX on Windows
    I need to ask you a question? Hopefully you can help me.: I don’t know what it means. I’m my Xbox because I got seven strikes and then on the bottom says my expiration date May 24 of 2024 is that mean that they gonna cancel my membership or do I have to...
  4. I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...: Overlord 1 and 2 is on the Xbox store and I was hoping to buy it but it says it’s not currently available and I was hoping I could get my hands on it I use to play it when I was younger and was...
  5. I have a question and I need help, I hope someone can help me resolve this question.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question and I need help, I hope someone can help me resolve this question.: I have a question and I need help, I hope someone can help me resolve this question. afe3ae47-835d-43bd-bb25-a0042561199e
  6. Can I get communication banned for telling someone I hope there heart condition gets worse?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I get communication banned for telling someone I hope there heart condition gets worse?: I got ganged up on by a bunch of scummy people I used to play games with because they were caught using people & there Xbox community to scam & use people They also keep harassing me & I have a...
  7. Xbox live I remote play as well it's kinda frustrating but I hope you can help. thank you.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live I remote play as well it's kinda frustrating but I hope you can help. thank you.: can't no connect cause I'm also trying to do remote play and planning to purchase GPU to cloud gaming as well but currently I'm having issue to connect. I hope you can help me thank you....
  8. Our Xbox Live account has been hacked; help/hope?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Our Xbox Live account has been hacked; help/hope?: Through our Microsoft account the hacker: changed gaming user name changed the email associated with the account (which we were able to copy down) changed recovery account info. made...
  9. In light of "Pardon Our Dust", I hope there is a move away from the Feedback Hub on PC.

in XboX Insiders
    In light of "Pardon Our Dust", I hope there is a move away from the Feedback Hub on PC.: https://i.imgur.com/VwfjCS3.png Apparently, Xbox's own support team struggles with it from time to time. submitted by /u/Dinjoralo [link] [comments]
  10. Is there any hope for my hacked account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any hope for my hacked account?: Hello all. i have been having issues for a long time about a microsoft account of mine. It has been hacked a few months ago and the security information has been changed. i contacted Microsoft...