I hired a movie using new xbox - took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of movie - why can't...

Discus and support I hired a movie using new xbox - took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of movie - why can't... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox novice here. An Xbox entered the house at Christmas. On Christmas evening we decided to hire a family movie using Xbox (Microsoft Store) It... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by K_Harkin, Jan 5, 2020.

1. K_Harkin
    K_Harkin Guest

I hired a movie using new xbox - took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of movie - why can't...

Xbox novice here.

An Xbox entered the house at Christmas.

On Christmas evening we decided to hire a family movie using Xbox (Microsoft Store)

It took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of the movie. So we abandoned the movie assuming we could request a refund.

Next day Xbox stops working, it's terminal, we have organised return of Xbox under warranty.

I also requested refund for movie.

The response to the movie hire refund request surprised me. Movie hire, even if you are unable to watch the movie is a non refundable.

Has anyone experienced a problem streaming a movie rented from the Microsoft Store and been able to get a refund?

Can anyone explain where I can find minimum requirements (including network data rate) required to stream a movie hired from the Microsoft Store?

Thanks

:)

K_Harkin, Jan 5, 2020
  2. FriskiNiski Win User

I hired a movie using new xbox - took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of movie - why can't i get a refund.

Hello K_Harkin,

I am really sorry to read about the problems that you experienced. I have posted a picture of the required speeds for video streaming.

As far as speeds go, I have found this:

[​IMG]

I hope this information helps to address your issue. As always if you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this post and we'll be happy to assist.

If you have any more questions about streaming on the Xbox.

Xbox One Streaming Quality Solution
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

I hired a movie using new xbox - took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of movie - why can't i get a refund.

Sorry to hear it. I've had a problem with this in the past. Please try launching a purchased video that you know will play. Let it run for a few moments then switch back to the other movie.

If you still have trouble playing it then contact support at https://support.xbox.com/contact-us and ask to be escalated for more help
  4. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

It would have to depend upon why the movie was unwatchable, surely? I mean, if the movie couldn't be watched because the Xbox was faulty, you would think a CSR would have some leeway to issue a refund. The hard part would be proving this was the case though
    and that might not be worth your time to go through the motions of doing.
  5. StodgyPhoenix61 Win User

Amazon Instant Video Error

After you get the error find a Movie , pick it and on the bottom right click or select 'Watch Trailer' , you may have to try 4-5 or more before it works. Vincent on Live Chat helped me with it and it took a minute and finally found one that works after a
    few try's... But, stay with it, After the trailer plays completely, find the show or movie you were wanting to watch Iin minutes... Happy watching on Xbox 1
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Can Region 4 DVD's & Blu-ray's work on a UK XBox One

Thema:

1. I hired a movie using new xbox - took half an hour to watch 4 minutes of movie - why can't... - Similar Threads - hired movie using

2. Xbox Display / POS Hire or Purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Display / POS Hire or Purchase: Hi everyone, Does anyone know where to start with finding out if hiring or purchasing display / point of sale equipment is possible? I am involved with an event (not an e-sports event) where we...
  3. Unable to connect to ms bingo for last 24 hr. Please let me know if you would like to hire...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to connect to ms bingo for last 24 hr. Please let me know if you would like to hire...: Unable to connect to MS Bingo for last 24 hr. Please let me know if you would like to HIRE my dog to fix the problem. He is really a very smart dog!! Gerry G 1d7b1b16-7e9c-477e-a79b-51852de7e8f4
  4. How do I download film hire after purchase.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I download film hire after purchase.: I have an Xbox360. I hired a film but halfway through it downloading it canceled because of internet issues. How do I re-download the film? I have tried clicking on to the film but now there is...
  5. LFG Mercenary For Hire...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    LFG Mercenary For Hire...: My intentions is not to steal your gold, not to seek your respect but to master my killing capacity in areas of pve and pvp. Think of it like this I'll be your loyal war hound just as long as I...
  6. Please hire someone who knows what to do !!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please hire someone who knows what to do !!: So, I am not the only one who is about to scream on this connection issue. I too have lost items and I really like this game...it is a shame that this cant get fixed...I am no tech genius but...
  7. Mercenaries for hire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mercenaries for hire: If you are having a problem with players or gamers and don't want to waste the chance that they will get away from your bounty. message me and I am starting up a team of mercenaries for hire for...
  8. Is it possible to hire a driver in Forza 5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to hire a driver in Forza 5?: Is it possible to hire a driver in Forza 5? Cause I remember seeing that feature in the past and I was wondering if it's in Forza 5 like the hired driver would take a lot of the winnings but it...
  9. Please hire better programmers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please hire better programmers: Hello - I was updating my Xbox One console - it needed a 3.2 GB update. The update started fine but somewhere in the middle of it my Xbox just shut down. I restarted the console and then it...
  10. Why You Should Hire Gamer Geeks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why You Should Hire Gamer Geeks: This is just a fun little article I found that I thought would be great for starting a discussion. Do you agree or disagree? Which games on the Xbox One console do you think (if any) could help...